• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI deposit questions

janej

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We finally got our RCI account number. I noticed there are two ways to deposit to RCI. I called today and tried a 70k deposit. The VC did a temporary deposit and transferred me to RCI to search availability. I could not find what I need (I have a RCI points account and know that is available). I wanted to try other deposit options. The RCI VC wants me to call Wyndham and do another deposit. Can I do the same online? Does it take longer to show up at RCI if I do it online?

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
They do have online deposits...however its not the same strength as when you call. Also, you can peak at the "Extra Vacations" and typically anything under $450 you can snag with a 28K week.

If you are searching 1 year out for a location with a lot of TS than use a 28K week (I use this for FL/VA/NC/SC/MA). Then I use a 70K weeks for places with less inventory or shorter searches.

If you look below on my signature I got all those with 28K weeks.

janej

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks! That is a very impressive list. I got to talk to RCI Wyndham once before my account was really set up. The guy I spoke to was very nice, he told me how many points I needed to deposit to pull the week I want. At the time, there were 1 and 2 bedrooms available (I saw with my RCI account). He said I could get 1 bedroom with 28k deposit but not any amount of point could get me a 2 bedroom. Now when my account is set up, I can see that all 2 bedrooms are gone. I could only get 1 bedroom with 70k point deposit.

Is trading power different between search first and confirmed deposit? It takes so long to get over to Wyndham. I am thinking just leave some weeks deposited with RCI.

Also, do I have to wait until 2009 to deposit 2009 points to RCI?

acesneights

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks! That is a very impressive list. I got to talk to RCI Wyndham once before my account was really set up. The guy I spoke to was very nice, he told me how many points I needed to deposit to pull the week I want. At the time, there were 1 and 2 bedrooms available (I saw with my RCI account). He said I could get 1 bedroom with 28k deposit but not any amount of point could get me a 2 bedroom. Now when my account is set up, I can see that all 2 bedrooms are gone. I could only get 1 bedroom with 70k point deposit.

Is trading power different between search first and confirmed deposit? It takes so long to get over to Wyndham. I am thinking just leave some weeks deposited with RCI.

Also, do I have to wait until 2009 to deposit 2009 points to RCI?

No, what happened was most of the weeks were taken, raising the trading power of the few remaining weeks. Essentially the 1BR were bulk spacebanks at first available for 28K.

No. you can deposit 2009 points starting 3/1/08.

Remember you only have 2 years to use your RCI deposits, so beware of depositing too soon.

Stan

ahmo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does depositing points for RCI weeks online count as 1 transaction? Thanks.

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does depositing points for RCI weeks online count as 1 transaction? Thanks.

Yes, but you can have other transactions, if done in the same day, it all count as one transaction. So you can make 2 RCI on-line deposit, 1 on-line reservation, and one call to CV to make reservation, as long as it all in one day, it count as 1 transaction.

Jya-Ning

bookworm

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's definitely a "no" on the search first. I confirmed with a few reps when I did this recently. I did a search first and couldn't find what I wanted. The points were returned to me along with the transaction I had used.

janej

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just made a deposit online. At the end, it says "Please allow 2 business days for your request to be processed. "

I'd like to deposit the rest of my points today and forget about search first if this does not change my trading power. The VC I spoke to suggested me to use ongoing search instead. Is that a good strategy?

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd like to deposit the rest of my points today and forget about search first if this does not change my trading power. The VC I spoke to suggested me to use ongoing search instead. Is that a good strategy?

It does not change your trading power if you deposit all in one day vs, you call and ask them to do a serach first. As to put them on-going, in theory, if you already know the place and time, on-going search is better. RCI suppose when a resort doing and bulk spacebank, should first put all the on-going search doing match based on the date (with some added incentive) it is put in and some trading power constraint, than after all the on-going search match, it opens to public to do the search. So on-going search get better match.

In reality, it is very hard to tell what RCI is doing. But generally, it does follow this patten.

Jya-Ning

janej

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jya-Ning,

Thanks a lot for the confirmation. I deposited all my points as 28k blue studios. I have RCI points to get me tougher trades, plus 09 points can be deposited as red weeks too.

Jane