• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI cancellation policy and using a credit

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
I cancelled my April exchange with RCI and was given a credit that I have to use by June 30th. I am not ready to book anything right now.
On the website I read:
You may cancel your Weeks reservations for travel through July 26, 2020 and receive 100% of your Trading Power back for a future reservation. A significant amount of resorts in North America plan to be in operation by July 26, 2020 and they look forward to welcoming you back on vacation. Cancellation flexibility may be available in the future for dates beyond July 26, 2020 specific to individual properties that remain closed.

• When cancelling a reservation for travel through July 26, 2020 no exchange fee will be required if you rebook your cancelled vacation by December 31, 2020 for future travel. Please contact a Vacation Guide via Phone or Chat to process your request.

Does this mean that I can use that credit to re-book an exchange scheduled prior to July 26th, then cancel and get the credit back good through December 31st?

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I took this to mean that you could cancel, and then have until December 31, 2020 to book a new week. I would call RCI, or message or chat, just to be sure. When I cancelled the week I had in April I immediately rebooked for a week in August, 2021.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I just cancelled a July week and my exchange credit was good until Dec. 31. You could book a week beyond that but the credit needed to be used by Dec 31.

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
Thanks. I will call them because I want to use a credit already given me from a cancelled exchange. The first credit they gave me expires 6/30. In effect I want to extend my credit.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
They changed and extended the booking time over what they originally offered. I do not know if they retro-ed the extension to those who cancelled earlier or not. You will probably need to contact rci to check. You may want to do it as chat and save the conversation if they say that you have until later to book.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Thanks. I will call them because I want to use a credit already given me from a cancelled exchange. The first credit they gave me expires 6/30. In effect I want to extend my credit.
You may want to wait until Monday to call. When I had my transaction with them (I goofed and cancelled online instead of calling, or using the link under their COVID 19 info) I got a vacation guide who really couldn't help me. She told me I needed Customer Service. When I called back during the week the person who answered was able to help me and resolve my problem.