• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rayburn Country Club Resort

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
All complaints with any government agency's must be in written and signed.
Good luck.

Last edited:

kbassosc

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I will try to download a copy of the complaint form here - I have reviewed it and think that it is not going to be much help, by the way.

Attachments

• ComplaintForm.1-1-22.pdf
    921.4 KB · Views: 12

kbassosc

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I called the Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Texas. A very nice woman tried to help me, said she has been getting calls about Rayburn Country from "several gentlemen" and has searched their records, but no case has shown up. I also gave her the name on the October 24, 2019 letter we received (Clyde Pederson) and nothing showed up. Finally, I asked her to check under DMI Investment Corp. which is the other company referenced on our warranty deed when we purchased in November of 2008 - nothing.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called the Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Texas. A very nice woman tried to help me, said she has been getting calls about Rayburn Country from "several gentlemen" and has searched their records, but no case has shown up. I also gave her the name on the October 24, 2019 letter we received (Clyde Pederson) and nothing showed up. Finally, I asked her to check under DMI Investment Corp. which is the other company referenced on our warranty deed when we purchased in November of 2008 - nothing.
Something is very strange going on at this resort.

Podman

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to contact the timeshare directly? I am baffled that they would just send a letter stating they’re having a meeting to discuss the budget without sending some basic notification to the owners. I am sure many people like me have moved on and wrote off this timeshare when it went bankrupt, but according to previous posts, who knows if they truly went through with bankruptcy . They can come after the owners, but I’m willing to bet they’re going to get nothing from the majority of them. Who wants to throw good money after a losing proposition. If they don’t have enough business sense to contact the owners directly and advise as what has been going on, then who has enough confidence in them that they know what they’re doing going forward. Just my two cents and more than I’m going to give Rayburn when they come asking for money.
Has anyone tried to contact the timeshare directly? I am baffled that they would just send a letter stating they’re having a meeting to discuss the budget without sending some basic information to the owners. I am sure many people like me have moved on and wrote off this timeshare when it went bankrupt, but according to previous posts, who knows if they truly went through with bankruptcy . They can come after the owners, but I’m willing to bet they’re going to get nothing from the majority of them. Who wants to throw good money after a losing proposition. If they don’t have enough business sense to contact the owners directly and advise as what has been going on, then who has enough confidence in them that they know what they’re doing going forward. Just my two cents and more than I’m going to give Rayburn when they come asking for money.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this resort in bankruptcy or not? That is the question for owners at this resort. IMO

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you checked the local newspapers or the local television stations for any information on this resort ?

Have you attempted to book a vacation stay not as a timeshare owner?

kbassosc

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you checked the local newspapers or the local television stations for any information on this resort ?

Have you attempted to book a vacation stay not as a timeshare owner?
No, I haven't done either of those things. If I have time later, I will try those. I have decided to send the following letter via certified mail, return receipt requested, today:

September 23, 2022

Rayburn Country Timeshare Association
P.O. Box 5218
Sam Rayburn, Texas 75951
Attn.: Chad Sage, Ray Beck, and Dean Hollier

Certified Mail, Return Receipt

Re: Notice of Special Joint Meeting of the Directors and Membership to be held on October 24, 2022

Dear Sirs,

My deceased husband, Derek Basso, and I purchased a 1 bedroom unit “Deluxe Red Season White Floating (30,600 annual points)” at Rayburn Country Club in October of 2008, and received a warranty deed from Rayburn Country Timeshare Association executed on November 4, 2008. The warranty deed stated that we owned in Club Walk Villas North. As part of the purchase we naturally also paid a year’s maintenance fees. Subsequent to this purchase, we paid our annual dues (maintenance) (either early or) on time every year. We also paid the $100 special assessment invoiced on August 26, 2015.

In October of 2019, we received a letter dated October 24, 2019 from Clyde Pederson (copy enclosed) which basically stated that the timeshare was going into bankruptcy and that we should receive updates as it moved through the bankruptcy process. RCI also emailed us to advise that Rayburn Country was no longer eligible to exchange on their platform (copy enclosed). Our purchased points were therefore useless.

After receiving that letter from Mr. Pederson, we never received anything regarding bankruptcy or any other topic from or regarding this timeshare property nor any communication from any court.

Your notice of the upcoming joint Board and Membership meeting is the first communication I have received since the letter of October 24, 2019 from Mr. Pederson stating that the timeshare was going into bankruptcy. You enclosed the proposed 2022/2023 budget, however, there was no business plan enclosed nor any other documents addressing the current situation and condition of the timeshare units. There was nothing explaining what had occurred with the proposed bankruptcy.

In intermittent communications received by timeshare owners over the years prior to 2019, we were informed that the intent was to sell off some of the condos and reduce the size of the timeshare due to financial issues. Given the fact that no information had been sent to the timeshare owners for almost 3 years, I would have expected to receive a full explanation and a business plan for going forward, not just the proposed budget.

Your notice states that you plan to adopt the proposed budget. Again, there is no business plan that explains the budget and the operational plans.

Your notice further states that you plan for the directors to “authorize (i) Membership assessments for 2022/2023 and (ii) collection of unpaid assessments and taxes owing from Members for current and prior years”. Again, no information has been provided regarding the bankruptcy or possible recovery of the property, or a business plan outlining details about how the timeshare will operate successfully going forward.

I cannot sign any proxy for anyone to vote on my behalf without all of this information provided to me well in advance, so I have time to review and evaluate the business plan to proceed and operate as a timeshare.

Sincerely,

Karen N. Basso
Encls.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
If this resort file for bankruptcy a legal notice should have been posted in your their/local newspapers.

mrsmusic

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, I haven't done either of those things. If I have time later, I will try those. I have decided to send the following letter via certified mail, return receipt requested, today:

September 23, 2022

Rayburn Country Timeshare Association
P.O. Box 5218
Sam Rayburn, Texas 75951
Attn.: Chad Sage, Ray Beck, and Dean Hollier

Certified Mail, Return Receipt

Re: Notice of Special Joint Meeting of the Directors and Membership to be held on October 24, 2022

Dear Sirs,

My deceased husband, Derek Basso, and I purchased a 1 bedroom unit “Deluxe Red Season White Floating (30,600 annual points)” at Rayburn Country Club in October of 2008, and received a warranty deed from Rayburn Country Timeshare Association executed on November 4, 2008. The warranty deed stated that we owned in Club Walk Villas North. As part of the purchase we naturally also paid a year’s maintenance fees. Subsequent to this purchase, we paid our annual dues (maintenance) (either early or) on time every year. We also paid the $100 special assessment invoiced on August 26, 2015.

In October of 2019, we received a letter dated October 24, 2019 from Clyde Pederson (copy enclosed) which basically stated that the timeshare was going into bankruptcy and that we should receive updates as it moved through the bankruptcy process. RCI also emailed us to advise that Rayburn Country was no longer eligible to exchange on their platform (copy enclosed). Our purchased points were therefore useless.

After receiving that letter from Mr. Pederson, we never received anything regarding bankruptcy or any other topic from or regarding this timeshare property nor any communication from any court.

Your notice of the upcoming joint Board and Membership meeting is the first communication I have received since the letter of October 24, 2019 from Mr. Pederson stating that the timeshare was going into bankruptcy. You enclosed the proposed 2022/2023 budget, however, there was no business plan enclosed nor any other documents addressing the current situation and condition of the timeshare units. There was nothing explaining what had occurred with the proposed bankruptcy.

In intermittent communications received by timeshare owners over the years prior to 2019, we were informed that the intent was to sell off some of the condos and reduce the size of the timeshare due to financial issues. Given the fact that no information had been sent to the timeshare owners for almost 3 years, I would have expected to receive a full explanation and a business plan for going forward, not just the proposed budget.

Your notice states that you plan to adopt the proposed budget. Again, there is no business plan that explains the budget and the operational plans.

Your notice further states that you plan for the directors to “authorize (i) Membership assessments for 2022/2023 and (ii) collection of unpaid assessments and taxes owing from Members for current and prior years”. Again, no information has been provided regarding the bankruptcy or possible recovery of the property, or a business plan outlining details about how the timeshare will operate successfully going forward.

I cannot sign any proxy for anyone to vote on my behalf without all of this information provided to me well in advance, so I have time to review and evaluate the business plan to proceed and operate as a timeshare.

Sincerely,

Karen N. Basso
Encls.

Thank you for posting your letter. Let us know if you receive a reply.

kbassosc

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, the certified, return receipt letter idea failed. I received the envelope with the certified form attached and a sticker saying ""Return To Sender, Undeliverable As Addressed".

Did anyone send in the proxy?

1mltaylor1

Reaction score
Well, the certified, return receipt letter idea failed. I received the envelope with the certified form attached and a sticker saying ""Return To Sender, Undeliverable As Addressed".

Did anyone send in the proxy?
I'm not sure how this is fair in any way. We have no active phone number that works. No one to talk to. Because we don't live in the area we can't attend the meeting that took place. Why couldn't they have a zoom link or something? Why, because they don't want non locals there as this likely all rigged in the favor of whoever took over this POS resort.

ambere

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk/Hyatt
Palm Springs Tennis Club (2-bedroom Wimbledon) - 2 units
Lagonita Lodge (4 units: Christmas week, New Year's Week, 2-bdrm Lakefront, 3-bdrm Bear Peak)
Crazy. I purchased a 3-bedroom in 2009 for $5K; 61K pts/yr; with maintenance fees of just $270/yr initially, which was awesome. And I got some great RCI exchanges with that unit/points over the years before they claimed they went bankrupt. Looks like the property is still operating as a resort, but no longer a timeshare. https://rayburnresort.com/

kbassosc

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received anything further from Rayburn Country Timeshare or these 3 men? I have not.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Has anyone received anything further from Rayburn Country Timeshare or these 3 men? I have not.
Are you still paying MF's?

chazpbg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, just happened to check TUG for something else and I saw this thread... didn't realize that Rayburn was supposedly trying to resurrect itself. I have to say I got no such letter. I would think most of us wouldn't pay our MFs for back years given that we got nothing out of them and no communication about what was going on -- and frankly I wouldn't pay for any years going forward at this point, even if they found their way back into the RCI system, since these people are beyond incompetent and untrustworthy. Nor can I imagine that these idiots would have the time or the money to pay legal bills to go after us for not paying our MFs. I'm just going to assume this is all pretty much over.

weegus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rayburn Country Club resort
I just found this on another TUG Rayburn forum thread ... (oh and I just got a text that a package is coming in the mail - or via email if selected) ....

""
I would like to jump in now, albeit VERY late to this. But only now can I shed some light. Our company has been hired to do the wrap up and termination at Rayburn. There will be NO invoices or costs to owners, just the deeding back. All owners have a package coming in the mail. There are webinars next week and an annual meeting in June, June 26. Email me and I can get you information in detail. joe@themvpservice.com
""

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I just found this on another TUG Rayburn forum thread ... (oh and I just got a text that a package is coming in the mail - or via email if selected) ....

""
I would like to jump in now, albeit VERY late to this. But only now can I shed some light. Our company has been hired to do the wrap up and termination at Rayburn. There will be NO invoices or costs to owners, just the deeding back. All owners have a package coming in the mail. There are webinars next week and an annual meeting in June, June 26. Email me and I can get you information in detail. joe@themvpservice.com
""

They are making it very easy, almost too easy, to deed back. I wonder if there is equity in the weeks that they are hoping to obtain through the deed backs.

KACTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow! I thought we would never hear from them again. I'd be curious what happens if we don't feedback to them. Would they reinstate us as owners? Would there be a fee to reinstate? I don't really have the patience or time to attend a webinar as we are traveling for the next several weeks. What are all of you going to do? I would love to go back to my minimal maintenance and RCI exchanges.

KACTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
Received a text and then this after requesting information via email:

My name is Sydni Takacs and I work for TOWB LLC. Rayburn Country Timeshare hired our consulting company to assist in the closure of the association. The packet attached (and in the mail) goes over all of that, but I am happy to talk with you over the phone as well.

The association is taking a formal VOTE to end the timeshare, there is a PROXY in this packet for you to either vote, or assign a proxy for yourself.

The newsletter was mailed yesterday and you should be receiving that hopefully soon. I have attached the packet that we mailed out. It is also on Docusign, if you prefer to sign the proxy and fill out the information inside that way. Let me know and I can send you the link to that.

Please note, we have two (2) Zoom webinar information meetings (on zoom) Tuesday May 30th at 6p CTL and Wednesday May 31st at 2p CTL. The link for those are below. They will be the SAME webinar, so you only need to attend one if you want to attend at all. There will plenty of time for questions on the webinar.

Podman

Reaction score
Does anybody have a workable link for tonight's webinar. I find it difficult to understand why no one sent an email with this information so that we can plan accordingly. I received this packet today and there is a meeting tonight. I guess this is just par for the course.

KACTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
Try the links in this to register.

Please note, we have two (2) Zoom webinar information meetings (on zoom) Tuesday May 30that 6p CTL and Wednesday May 31st at 2p CTL. The link for those are below. They will be the SAME webinar, so you only need to attend one if you want to attend at all. There will plenty of time for questions on the webinar.

You are invited to a Zoom webinar.

When: Tuesday May 30, 2023 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada) and 06:00 PM Central Time

Topic: Rayburn Owners Webinar

Register in advance for this webinar:

https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_yjtn4oPpToej-_yUL9dxMQ

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

You are invited to a Zoom webinar.

When: Wednesday May 31, 2023 03:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada) and 02:00 PM Central Time

Topic: Rayburn Owners Webinar

Register in advance for this webinar:

https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_cRdPB4a9QVChhnCw4e1aAg

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

KACTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just attended the webinar. Basically, we need votes to terminate the association and we will be getting deed back paperwork too. I’m voting “Yes” and filling out deed back when I receive it.