• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rayburn Country Club Resort

weegus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rayburn Country Club resort
Has anyone called to find out anything? (I might.) Truthfully, I'm hoping it's just in bankruptcy and over with. My fear is that someone will try to revive it and we might be stuck paying maintenance fees for something that might not even be part of the RCI system anymore!

Agreed!

weegus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FYI - I contacted Rayburn Country Resort via Facebook and got the following reply:
"Rayburn Resorts is not affiliated with the timeshares. We are only involved with the operations of the resort and golf course. It's to our understanding that there are various options being considered to address the timeshares and when we learn more, we will pass that info on."

weegus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FYI - I contacted Rayburn Country Resort again via Facebook "Hello, Just wondering if you have heard anything on the Timeshare bankruptcies recently? I cannot find anything on the web. Thanks"

and got the following reply:

Mon 12:01
33939730_1756374724425407_3768156412882976768_n.jpg

Rayburn Country Resort sent Yesterday at 12:01

No, sir. We haven't been updated on anything.

KACTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
FYI - I contacted Rayburn Country Resort again via Facebook "Hello, Just wondering if you have heard anything on the Timeshare bankruptcies recently? I cannot find anything on the web. Thanks"

and got the following reply:

Mon 12:01
33939730_1756374724425407_3768156412882976768_n.jpg

Rayburn Country Resort sent Yesterday at 12:01

No, sir. We haven't been updated on anything.
Thank you for posting this.

F1or1da1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven’t received any contacts from Rayburn since the bankruptcy letters. Prior to that a letter was received with request for a special assessment of $100. I ignored it and sent an email to Rayburn requesting their annual budget and Board of Directors information. Also suggested they file for bankruptcy several years before they actually did. No request for MFs for 2021.

castleo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tahoe Beach & Ski, Polo Towers, Palm Canyon, 200,000 RCI points, other deposit
I hope so - I'd just like to get some confirmation.

So, what happens to our membership weeks? They can just claim or ignore them?

mrsmusic

TUG Member
Reaction score
How do we find out what happened to our deeds? I am perfectly fine to just let it go, what I don't want is to suddenly get a notice of foreclosure or some other legal filing that we end up seeing on our credit report.

KACTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, today I received a check for the balance of my prepaid Platinum membership that was canceled when the last of my Rayburn Points expired. They closed my RCI Account without even a letter or email. I figured out what it was, but called RCI to confirm and they said that Points Accounts are closed but Weeks accounts stay active when a resort goes bankrupt. I still would like closure from Rayburn, but I’m not holding my breath.

GrahamNet

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rayburn Country
Does anyone have any new information on this? I have a deeded interest as well, and wondering how someone can purchase a property without clear title, as technically I own part of it. I've received no communication beyond the original bankruptcy notice. At the risk of "be careful what you wish for", I'm left wondering if there is residual value there or if they are going to start up all over again with RCI or somebody else.

KACTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just looking at my documents on this as well. I have not received anything since the Bankruptcy notice dated Oct 24, 2019. And of course, notification from RCI that I no longer have an account without a property.

mrsmusic

TUG Member
Reaction score
No one has heard anything more?
I'm replacing my RCI points acct with a Grandview Vegas points unit and moving on, just wondering.
I've never received anything else.

CMVer

TUG Member
Reaction score
They're back. Just got a letter from the timeshare association announcing an upcoming meeting to, among other things, "authorize membership assessments for 22/23 and collection of unpaid assessments and taxes owing from members for current and prior years". Dead and gone would have been good. Resurrection is only for God, not this worthless property.

mrsmusic

TUG Member
Reaction score
They're back. Just got a letter from the timeshare association announcing an upcoming meeting to, among other things, "authorize membership assessments for 22/23 and collection of unpaid assessments and taxes owing from members for current and prior years". Dead and gone would have been good. Resurrection is only for God, not this worthless property.

I saw in my email from the USPS that I had a letter from them and was wondering - haven't picked it up yet -- home sick at the moment.
So how do we "attend" this meeting and vote against all this?

mrsmusic

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought that the whole resort was sold - and that someone else is operating it. What does the timeshare association hold now as property upon which to collect after the bankruptcy?

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
IMO, I would not pay one penney to this resort. Owners should have rec'd somethings from the local court or state courts and their HOA after three (3) years..

I would contact the State Attorney General for the latest information on this resort.

Last edited:

kbassosc

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have the same letter, after receiving nothing since the bankruptcy letter which is dated October 24, 2019. The notice of the meeting states that the "Proposed Operating Budget of Common Expenses - 2022/23" was "previously submitted to the Membership on September 16, 2022" and that proposed budget of almost $5.2 million is attached. I received nothing from any bankruptcy court in the interim. I did a google search to try to find any documentation about the bankruptcy but nothing came up.

I have called the office of the Texas Attorney General and was referred to the Texas Real Estate Commission which regulates timeshares. (www.trec.texas.gov). I just called them. The direct phone number for the timeshare regulators is (512) 936-3005. They advised me to send an email with all of the information I have to: enforcement@trec.texas.gov, and explain that I never received any further information on the bankruptcy nor any plans to come out of bankruptcy and ask what they advise. I am going to scan and send them the October 24, 2019 letter as well as the one we just received.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have the same letter, after receiving nothing since the bankruptcy letter which is dated October 24, 2019. The notice of the meeting states that the "Proposed Operating Budget of Common Expenses - 2022/23" was "previously submitted to the Membership on September 16, 2022" and that proposed budget of almost $5.2 million is attached. I received nothing from any bankruptcy court in the interim. I did a google search to try to find any documentation about the bankruptcy but nothing came up.

I have called the office of the Texas Attorney General and was referred to the Texas Real Estate Commission which regulates timeshares. (www.trec.texas.gov). I just called them. The direct phone number for the timeshare regulators is (512) 936-3005. They advised me to send an email with all of the information I have to: enforcement@trec.texas.gov, and explain that I never received any further information on the bankruptcy nor any plans to come out of bankruptcy and ask what they advise. I am going to scan and send them the October 24, 2019 letter as well as the one we just received.
Good luck, I am happy you have contacted someone in Texas share government.

kbassosc

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just received a reply to my email to the Texas Real Estate Commission. Here it is:

"It appears you may wish to file a complaint. Please note, we are unable to take any action based solely on your email or assess if there has been a violation. Pursuant to Rule §535.142 (b) (Consumer Complaint Processing), the Commission requires a signed complaint to be filed with the Commission in order to investigate allegations of violations. Once a written and signed complaint has been filed with the Commission, the Commission has jurisdiction to consider, investigate and take action based on the complaint.

"Information on filing a complaint along with our complaint form are available on the Commission’s website.
"W. Kenneth Herring
Staff Attorney
Standards & Enforcement Services
Texas Real Estate Commission

"Excellent customer service is our goal. Please offer your feedback."

Since I really do not know whether or not Rayburn Country Timeshare Association has committed a violation, I now need to think about where to go from here. I do think it is strange that I haven't been able to find any record of a bankruptcy, but perhaps I am not looking in the right places on the internet?