• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Raintree Platinum Mexico ONLY?

ESandhu

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been looking at Raintree Vacation Club for several months now and am interested in a Platinum level ownership. These seem rather difficult to find - at least at a reasonable price. There is currently an auction on eBay that appears to be a Platinum ownership. However, in talking with the seller they indicated this can only be used at the three Raintree Mexico properties. It is also listed as 72k points. The auction does not specify whether this is RTU or the expiration date, but the MF are $825 annually.

Does anyone know if Raintree has Platiunum (72k points) memberships?

Thanks. Erik

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Raintree

I have been looking at Raintree Vacation Club for several months now and am interested in a Platinum level ownership. These seem rather difficult to find - at least at a reasonable price. There is currently an auction on eBay that appears to be a Platinum ownership. However, in talking with the seller they indicated this can only be used at the three Raintree Mexico properties. It is also listed as 72k points. The auction does not specify whether this is RTU or the expiration date, but the MF are $825 annually.

Does anyone know if Raintree has Platiunum (72k points) memberships?

Thanks. Erik

This is probably a "Club regina" membership and not a raintree membership. If this is true, it will cost you about $5K to convert into Raintree. Yes, Raintree does have Platinum memberships at 72K points.

Most of the Whiski Jack resorts in Whistler Canada have the word "Raintree" in front of the resorts name. However, many weeks being sold on ebay at Whiski Jack are not converted into Raintree points (even though seller's list them as Raintree vacation club).

nyparadigm

TUG Member
Reaction score
It sounds to me like your seller is mixing terms. As far as I know, there is no such thing as a Club Regina points only membership - and Raintree memberships are good at all of the resorts.

Club Regina/Raintree has evolved over the years and due to the changes there is an excellent chance that the seller doesn't know what they are selling. The only way to be sure is to get their member ID # and call Raintree member services to verify exactly what the membership is.

Chris

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
If you poke around resale sites you can find Raintree memberships for sale. Ignore asking prices; decide what you are willing to pay and offer that. Owners who are unrealistic will either ignore your offer or send you an e-mail saying your crazy, but those who are truly interested in selling will reply indicating their interest. I bought my Raintree for less than half of what the seller had it listed for.

As mentioned above, due diligence is absolutely essential when purchasing into the Raintree system. Raintree is probably the most confusing mini-system around, and has very poor owner communications. If DRI were to acquire Raintree, it would be a conjunction of the two most complicated programs in timesharing, and the process of merging the two programs will inevitably add yet another layer of complexity.

Last edited:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
QUOTE=quiltergal;592621]Steve is there talk of Diamond acquiring Raintree? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Yes.