• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Quick Closing on Marriott Grand Chateau!

CashEddie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello Folks,

I first would like to thank the TUG community for all the invaluable knowledge I have been reading over the last serveral weeks.

I'm a new member and I have just closed on purchase of a Marriott Grand Chateau week. I won the auction on ebay on 12/02/11 for $1625 + closing and I just received my recorded deed today! The unit is a 2BR lock off EOY. I called Clark County's Recorders office and verified the recorded deed and also verified via the website (once I got to the correct page! :) )

Deed has been sent to Marriott and just waiting on them to record me as the new owner.

The seller was CJ Timershares and the closing/escrow company was Timeshare Closing Services. Both companies were very responsive to my questions and got the deal closed very quickly. One thing of note, I got my deed sent to me via email. Apparently Clark County allows for electronic recordings and TCS is one of the escrow companies that are setup to do electronic recordings of deeds. Just FYI if someone ends up using TCS, you may close very quickly if the county where you timeshare resides allows for electronic recordings.

Seller was able to make a reservation for us during the closing process so we will be in Vegas during Easter Week!

CashEddie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to post an update that transfer with Marriott is complete and we are new recognized owners. Whole process from purchase to ownership transfer was just a little over a month.

disneymom1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Ocean, Marriott Surfwatch, Marriott Manor Club Sequel
I purchased Marriott Manor Club from CJ Timeshares on Ebay 1/2/12. Glad to hear you had a good experience! I just passed Marriott ROFR 1/13. I am hoping all goes smoothly. Thank you for your report.

wyannuzzi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbour ;

Marriott Grande Vista 3 bedroom EOY
I purchased a Grande Vista EOY 3 bedroom on 12/29 within 2 weeks of placing a wish ad on Tug. Closing/escrow company was also timeshare closing services. ROFR passed on 1/6. Electronic deed emailed to me on 1/9. Now just waiting for Marriott to put in my name.

kjd

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats to the OP for your purchase. I paid Marriott $27,000 for a two br every year unit but got a lot of pre-construction points and other freebees. It's a great resort if you like LV and the two bedroom is a nice unit. The location is excellent. If Marriott eventually lets you enroll in the system you made a great deal. It's also a pretty good trader through II right now.

wyannuzzi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbour ;

Marriott Grande Vista 3 bedroom EOY
Unit is in my name as of today. Less than one month from offer to finish.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Unit is in my name as of today. Less than one month from offer to finish.

Great. That was fast. Good to hear that Marriott is also on the ball with fast transfers once they get the paperwork. I remember the days of waiting eight to ten weeks to get a transfer done once the paperwork was in their hands.