• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question for TUGBRIAN

suzanne

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Brian,

Last 2 days I have received emails claiming to be from TUG and they list my user ID and Passwords that I use to log in with. Then says I need to log into my TUG Account. Said there are 2 areas that Members need to log into, which I know about and been to both lots of times. I have never received emails asking me to log on before from TUG and never had any email that listed my sign on info. Were these emails from TUG? I deleted them and did not use the link to log on but went to the website like I always do and logged in thru there.

Thank you,

Suzanne:confused:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
they certainly sound like the auto-generated password reminder emails, but without having one forwarded back to me I cant confirm.

if it contained your full username and password, chances are they were legitimate =)

these are sent anytime you update your membership (renewal etc) or you hit the password reminder link which sends it automatically.

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
This is what the email looks like when you request a password reminder from your TUG Member (not your TUG BBS) account :
Subject: TUG Password
To: XXXXXXXXXX

Hello from Timeshare Users Group, below is your TUG username and password to the TUG MEMBER ONLY section.

Your TUG Username: XXXXXXXXXX
Your TUG Password: XXXXXX

This section of the site is where you go to access all the paid member features of TUG including the ratings/reviews, and classified ads!

================================
IMPORTANT NOTE
TUG has two different areas that use passwords. I know it can be confusing so here are Full explanations available online in our Password Help page at: www.tug2.net/passwordhelp.htm

GENERAL INFORMATION
The following link is provided to answer many of the questions about TUG’s operation that we receive on a daily basis: www.tug2.net/faq.htm

Any and all questions not answered by the above links can be directed to tug@tug2.net and we will be happy to help you out!

If you use the password reminder feature of the BBS you get this:
Subject: Your login details for Timeshare Users Group Forums
To: XXXXXXXXXXX

Dear XXXXXXXXXXX,

Your email address was submitted to receive a reminder of your login information for Timeshare Users Group Forums.

Your username is: XXXXXXXXXX

Your password is stored in an encrypted form and can't be supplied in this message. Even the bbs administrators do not have access to it. If you have forgotten your password and need to have it reset, visit the following page:
http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/login.php?a=pwd&u=XX&i=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

When you visit that page, your password will be reset, and the new password will be emailed to you. This second step protects you against somebody with knowledge of your email address maliciously changing your password without your knowledge, since the message you are reading now will have been sent only to you, not to them.

If you did not request this, please ignore it. The link above will expire and become useless in 24 hours time.

To edit your profile, go to this page:
http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/profile.php?do=editprofile

Best regards,
Timeshare Users Group Forums