• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

question about resort

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
worldmark eagle crest

vs eagle crest resort

both list the same address, but they appear to be completely different resorts? on the wm website the photos look ancient compared to the eagle crest actual resort website....is this just a WM affiliated resort by chance?

recent reviews list the resort actually owned by holiday inn...but that wm owners can trade into it...this doesnt necessarily mean that wm has its own section of the resort though.

anyone have a firm answer on this? currently they are separate resorts on TUG, but if all the rooms are the same...id like to combine them.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Worldmark owns 112 units at this shared resort

I don't know the make up of the rest of the place

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I have only stayed in the non-Worldmark units, but I am pretty sure that there are two distinct sections of the same property. See this thread for reference: http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217704 I think that someone who is familiar with both sections of the resort may be able to help you understand the configuration of the resort.

It may be a similar situation to Marriott Desert Springs I vs II. Although they are part of the same property, the units themselves are quite different.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
Eagle Crest is a mixed use property with some privately owned homes + timeshares+suites/hotel rooms in the lodge. It was built (as was Running Y in Klamath Falls,OR) by Jeld Wen Windows. They just sold these 2 properties to Holiday Inn who now manages the properties.

Within Eagle Crest, WM owns some of the timeshares and the rest are in a non-WM/independent group. The latter are mostly townhomes around the various golf courses. WM owns a few of those plus some 8-plexes (4 up and 4 down) plus some suites in the Lodge. The suites are small without a full kitchen; a cooktop+micro+full refrigerator. There are also some 'chalets' which are really nice; small cabins.

Eagle Crest has 2 sections divided by the main road; Eagle Crest is the original section and Eagle Ridge is the newer across the road. Each side has clubhouses and sports centers but the main lodge with the restaurant is in the Eagle Crest side. So if you see a reference to Eagle Ridge, it's not a separate resort.

Bottom line: There are 2 types of timeshare ownerships at Eagle Crest and each should be listed separately.

Sue

LLW

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with Sue.

Besides physical differences, the 2 resorts have different management companies and policies and provide different resort experiences. At one point in the past one was a 5-star resort in II and the other not. Now both are premier resorts but may be different in the future. Exchange procedures are different. Trade powers are different. There are 2 different check-in locations.

Johnsp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe, Marriott, Worldmark
Sue gave a very good explanation. I would like to add one thing. Eagle Crest VRO and Worldmark allow use of each others rec centers and pools etc to members of both ownerships so WM and EC can use all facilities for the entire resort.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
works for me, ive no issue keeping them separate!

its just the worldmark side of things, even on the WM official page...the photos look like they are from 1985.

i suppose that the newer photos of the exterior of the resort at least can be shared between the two. Ill also cross link the two review pages so folks know they share the same location but are separate resorts.

thank you all!

Last edited: