• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question about my 28k trade

topcop400

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Wyndham Oceanside Pier
Wyndham Old Town Alexandria
Today, I managed to get a Pahio Kauai week with a 28k deposit, but I don't thoroughly understand what happened. I'm hoping someone here can explain this to me:

I had a 28k generic deposit. I also had a Cypress Pointe Grandvillas (Orlando) unit deposited that I use for online searches.

I found a few Hawaii weeks and I called RCI to see if my 28k generic would pull any of them. The VC initially told me no. Then she asked "How do you know about this?" I told her I saw it with an online search. She then asked "What did you see it with........your Cypress Point?" I confirmed for her that she was correct.

She told me to wait a moment. She was quiet for a minute or so and I could hear her tapping her keyboard. She then came back and said I could have it. So then I told her she was my hero :).

So, what happened between the time she said I couldn't pull it and the minute later when she said I could?

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
It would seem that the VCs are allowed to make "adjustments" to trade power in order to make a sale. I've had a similar experience. It doesn't happen all the time, and may not even happen often, but it never hurts to call. The worst thing that happens is the VC laughs at you for trying to exchange a blue studio for a Hawaii 2BR

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Good for you!!! I have gotten my 3rd trade with a 28K week to Hawaii!!! 1 I sold to friends and the other 2 I am using.

acesneights

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't post about "selling" to friends, that's a violation of RCI rules and could get your account cancelled/suspended and/or all your exchanges cancelled.

Stan

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't post about "selling" to friends, that's a violation of RCI rules and could get your account cancelled/suspended and/or all your exchanges cancelled.

Stan
Oh, let me verify that, My friend only paid me for their Guest Cert, and exchanged her Aruba week with Marriott with me. Thanks for the warning. I rarely exchange with others, probably only 1 time every other year, however I use all of my banked weeks (8 of them this year) for our family. I do rent my Wyndam points though.