• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question about Guest fees and multiple transaction reservations

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
It seems that Wyndham is a moving target these days. And, I've read a few comments on various threads that seem to contradict each other. So, I'll ask this question here to see if anyone actually knows the current policy.

Often times, to book a full week at a Wyndham resort, it takes 2 reservations (e.g. Aug 4-8, 2009 and Aug 8-11, 2009 to get Aug 4-11, 2009). When the new guest fee policy came out, I thought you could call up reservations and a supervisor could add the guest to both parts of the reservation for only ONE guest certificate fee. What is the actually policy? Under what circumstances can a person actually book such a reservation and add guests for only ONE guest fee?

Also, as a follow on question, I read that we cannot add guests to a reservation less than 15 days from checkin. Is that true? Or, is it only for reservations that were booked prior to 15 days from checkin?

I must admit, these rules are very hard to:
a) justify
b) understand
c) execute.

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
Under what circumstances can a person actually book such a reservation and add guests for only ONE guest fee?

From what I read, I believe if you reserve both at one call, and add Guset at the same call, it is one GC. If you wait say few days, then try to add GC on both reservations that although stay at the same resorts and continue over a period, will be counted seperately.

Also, as a follow on question, I read that we cannot add guests to a reservation less than 15 days from checkin. Is that true? Or, is it only for reservations that were booked prior to 15 days from checkin?

Again, this is from the posts, if you add a Guest at the time of booking within 15 days window, it is allowed, but if you wait one or 2 days to add, it is not allowed.

Look from paper it seems like is to make sure to add more risk if you reserve something you can not use. So, you should reserve something in the short period either you know for sure the other party will take it, or plan to use it self. May help to avoid some one corned a certain region.

Jya-Ning

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Again, this is from the posts, if you add a Guest at the time of booking within 15 days window, it is allowed, but if you wait one or 2 days to add, it is not allowed.

Jya-Ning

Thanks Jya-Ning. That is very helpful. There was one question you didn't answer. Let me use an example. Let's say you book a reservation 5 months in advance of check in. It is now 2 days before checkin and you break a leg and go to the hospital, you can no longer take your vacation. Can you place a guest in that scenario? Or, is it not possible since it is less than 15 days from check in?

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jya-Ning. That is very helpful. There was one question you didn't answer. Let me use an example. Let's say you book a reservation 5 months in advance of check in. It is now 2 days before checkin and you break a leg and go to the hospital, you can no longer take your vacation. Can you place a guest in that scenario? Or, is it not possible since it is less than 15 days from check in?

This is what they put on the table s far after install the cancel rule. - No exception.

However, I believe you can fax them your leg broken certification and get some kind of waiver. You are also allow to have at least 1 time waiver with good reason.

But it is upto them to make the judgement.

I probably will also call resort. They are not manage all the resorts they own.

Jya-Ning

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +

I am trying to figure out the source of this information. Where does it state that there is a cutoff to when you can add a guest certificate.

This is the second time I have read this but it makes no sense to me. I have search for the source posting but have not located it, can someone point me in the right direction.

kalua

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Guest reservations

Excuse me for butting in .but I understand it if you make 2 reservations in the same time period w/ overlapping dates 1 reservation would be cancelled if you don't have a GC 15 days prior to check in ,and you would lose those point's

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out the source of this information. Where does it state that there is a cutoff to when you can add a guest certificate.

This is the second time I have read this but it makes no sense to me. I have search for the source posting but have not located it, can someone point me in the right direction.

I do not have enough points to use it even among myself, even if I sometimes rent, I usually will not try to do last min rent like that. So all this are from other's post.

The 1st one (2 GC if not make the GC at the day reservation was made and the reservation accross between 2 weeks) there are at least 2 threads in the new forums.

The 2nd one (GC before 15 days) you can try the old group #92748, and I believe I at least read few more. I also read that last year in VOA meeting, it was said that you can add a GC at last min. But read like it get more stricted, so you will not be able to do that unless you have very good reason type of deal.

Jya-Ning

Last edited:

Bill4728

Reaction score
Often times, to book a full week at a Wyndham resort, it takes 2 reservations (e.g. Aug 4-8, 2009 and Aug 8-11, 2009 to get Aug 4-11, 2009).

Sorry to butt in but why is this true?

None of my point based TS make you do this? Why do you have to make 2 reservations just to get a full week?

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score

None of my point based TS make you do this? Why do you have to make 2 reservations just to get a full week?

Reservations is taking two different unit allocations from the computer to put together your dates: Unit XXX has the first 3 days; Unit YYY has the next 4 days. This could also span over different weeks or different checkin days. It might also be that 2 other reservations wanted the dates you didn't. The beauty of points.
All of these multiple unit reservations also carry the warning that you might have to move (ie: be homeless from 10AM to 4PM during the course of your stay as you have to switch units).

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score

I believe it's due to how Wyndham manages inventory. It makes sense really.

Let's say a given Wyndham resort is a converted fixed week resort with all Saturday check in dates. June 13 and June 20 are both Saturday check in dates.

Let's say there are 2 units. Unit 1000 and unit 1001. To book a Monday to Monday reservation (June 15-22), you happen to book unit 1000 from June 15 to June 20 and unit 1001 from June 20 to June 22. You know have a compound reservation and Wyndham can manage the inventory. The system automatically picks out combinations that work. And, even though the resort tries to keep you in the same unit by shuffling things around later, it's not guaranteed.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I have made 2 split reservations in the last week alone. Both reservations were for a guest. I called Wyndham and booked the GC and had them adjust the GC count when this was done. They adjusted the count and each split reservation although 2 guests certificates were used only counted as 1 GC.

Are you saying that Wyndham is NOT doing this, because I am confused as wyndham has just done this twice this week for me.

I also made 1 reservation less than 15 days away. They added a guest with no issue, but I guess I did complete them on the same day.

Last edited:

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have made 2 split reservations in the last week alone. Both reservations were for a guest. I called Wyndham and booked the GC and had them adjust the GC count when this was done. They adjusted the count and each split reservation although 2 guests certificates were used only counted as 1 GC.

Are you saying that Wyndham is NOT doing this, because I am confused as wyndham has just done this twice this week for me.

I also made 1 reservation less than 15 days away. They added a guest with no issue, but I guess I did complete them on the same day.

This is what I mean by there being contradictory information posted. It seems that Wyndham may not have solid policies or the policies aren't being implemented consistently.

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score

Sounds like either this is a training issue, or some group reported wrong.

Or as you reported, they do take 2 GC, but when you call back they give you one credit back.

I believe I read situation is this, if when you make a split week reservation, if you put the Guest name at the time you make reservation, it is count as one. But say if you make reservation than later on try to put both to one guest, it will count as 2.

Now, do you put the Guest's name at the time you make reservation and come back to ask the credit back, or do you do both at a later time?

Jya-Ning

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe it's due to how Wyndham manages inventory. It makes sense really.

Let's say a given Wyndham resort is a converted fixed week resort with all Saturday check in dates. June 13 and June 20 are both Saturday check in dates.

Wyndham's inventory management system is from the fix week system, so if you try to make a trip say from Wendsday to Tuesday, you are actually need to make 2 reservation. Especially if you think about most of its reservation is very time strict. if you try to reservae at 10 month exact, you can only reserve the 1st part of trip than have to wait another week to reservae the later part.

There are situations where say some owner already take Wen to Sat of one unit, then another one come to take Sun to Monday of other units, left some units has only Sun to Tues, Some has Tues to Sat, some with Tue only. Wyndham's program is not that smart yet to make it into the same unit. So you will have to make split reservation.

Jya-Ning