• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

query on things to do in phoenix.......

gloria

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
hey fellow tuggers --

i'm leaving for phoenix and tucson early tomorrow -- i've been to tucson a couple of times and LOVE it -- i enjoy sabino canyon, the arizona desert museum, the national parks, the old lovely mission south of town, and degrazia art gallery to name a few......

my query -- what is there to do in the phoenix area? -- we will be staying in mesa......

i know about the annual SW arts and crafts fair at the Heard Museum -- is there ANYTHING else to do/things not to miss, in the neighborhood?

thanks for ANY insight......

itchyfeet

TUG Member
Reaction score
We'll be in Phoenix for one week starting Sat. We've been there before & will be driving to Tucson this time for some sightseeing so thanks for the info. When we went to Phoenix before we drove the Apache Trail--very interesting - don't worry about the gravel part- you can take a regular car. There is an old "tourist" town on the way, but I can't remember the name of it. We went to the Superstition Museum. We also did some hiking in the area. If you're interested in baseball, Spring training is in full swing :) Also I've been told that the Hyatt has a free flamenco show Wed - Sat. We also rented a 4-WD & took a very long bumpy road thru the desert.

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
I enjoy the Desert Botanical Gardens.

geoffb

TUG Member
Reaction score
itchyfeet said:
When we went to Phoenix before we drove the Apache Trail--very interesting - don't worry about the gravel part- you can take a regular car.

Good to know... we drove out there last year but chickened out when the pavement ran out and did not continue all the way to the Theodore Roosevelt Dam.

itchyfeet said:
There is an old "tourist" town on the way, but I can't remember the name of it.

Goldfield.

nightnurse613

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, you are right, when the pavement ends, the gravel road takes over and it is highly driveable. It's the lack of guard rails on the mountain road that bothers me. One side is mountain, the other is-well, you get the idea. My husband took me on that road, it took me two hours before I could loosen my grip on the door handle and get the blood flowing back to my hand. Of course, the fact that he likes to power slide around the curves, didn't help! :eek: