• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Quarter House

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
An email from the Quarter House General Manager, posted here with her permission:

photo

Nikki Krivjanick <nikki@quarterhouse.com>
To:James T. Chapman

Mon, Sep 6 at 7:49 PM

Mr. Chapman,
I hope you are doing well. Our building did encounter minimal wind damage from hurricane Ida while we are still renovating from the fire. We had to make sure everything including our chutes and scaffolding were in tack along with some other items that could have been dangerous to other buildings if it disconnected from our building by wind. Our front desk is open for reservations but closed tonight at 5pm cst due to limited staff. This was a very bad hurricane as you know that took the entire State of Louisiana’s electricity down for days but took us down for 6 days. Some areas are still awaiting the electricity. We just received our electricity on Sunday morning to the entire building. I had a building full of guest that did not evacuate so it became a larger situation for my skeleton crew and myself. We were working around the clock before the hurricane and after for the cleanup. Most guest ran out of food and water so we had to provide these items for them. This hurricane resembled Katrina but without the flooding. There wasn’t any gas, food and water was limited for days and if you needed gas it was a pure nightmare. On Saturday it was a 4-5 hour wait with about 150 cars in front of you just to get gas. Most of my staff evacuated and so I was working with limited employees and a place full of guests. I have been working non stop to get the building to re-open and we have ordered note to go on the website that should be appearing anyday now.

All of my employees encountered minimal damages at their homes including myself. We had no loss of life or injuries to our guests or employees.
We were blessed. I thank you for your patience and look to see you soon.
Best,
Nikki Krivjanick
General Manager
Quarter House Resort
129 Chartres Street
New Orleans, LA. 70130

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Sounds like quite a challenge. Glad they were able to hang in there.

Thanks, Jim. I have a reservation at the Quarter House in 16 months, so I'm hoping things are completely back to normal by then.

Dave

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Sounds like quite a challenge. Glad they were able to hang in there.

Thanks, Jim. I have a reservation at the Quarter House in 16 months, so I'm hoping things are completely back to normal by then.

Dave

QH had a fire in the roof in June 2020. Lots of water damage in one section, the one with the front desk and reception area. They did a partial re-opening in January 2021. Now this!

I have a 2BR/2BA unit for Week 47, often Thanksgiving Week. Also, a 1BR for Weeks 52 and 53, the same unit for both weeks, one of the advantages of owning Week 52. When there is a Week 53, I can get that by paying another maintenance fee. The 52/53 weeks are Friday starts, which means one week runs from December 24-31 and the other from December 31-January 7. And, since Week 52 is always Sugar Bowl week, Week 53 comes before Week 52 (on QH's calendar). The question now is not so much whether QH will be habitable as whether New Orleans is a place anyone would want to go in November/December. Covid-19 restrictions there don't help. (I posted earlier that one of the city's requirements is that poles be sanitized between performers.)

Quarter House is a pretty sturdy structure. It's been there since the mid-1800s and has seen its share of tropical storms, hurricanes, river floods, you name it.

I've posted it here on TUG a few times but there's a fascinating article that was published back in the '80s in The New Yorker. It is called Atchafalaya, written by John McPhee. It will turn up on a Google search. Among other things, you'll gain an appreciation for New Orleans' rather precarious existence on a river that is being maintained by the US Army Corps of Engineers.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Someone please buy that woman a drink--she deserves it. I hope the management company/the HOA board gives her a nice, big crisis-management bonus.

NIkki is a really good GM.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
NIkki is a really good GM.

Jim,

Thank you for posting the update, I had asked to do a direct exchange back in July with QH but I'm not feeling good that I can use my week 3 this year and or get a week in a direct exchange... I love QH and with you help years ago I was able to buy the week and unit I wanted. Your so right Nikki is simply outstanding and she goes way above what a normal employee would offer... She is one in a million...

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Posted on the QH website:

Hurricane Ida Update:
Quarter House sustained minimal wind damage during Hurricane Ida.
We have completed our clean up and we are open for reservations beginning September 7, 2021.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Jim,

Thank you for posting the update, I had asked to do a direct exchange back in July with QH but I'm not feeling good that I can use my week 3 this year and or get a week in a direct exchange... I love QH and with you help years ago I was able to buy the week and unit I wanted. Your so right Nikki is simply outstanding and she goes way above what a normal employee would offer... She is one in a million...

To all QH Experts, I placed a direct exchange request back in July with QH, for over 45 different dates and locations, I was so hoping that QH could find me direct exchange. If they are unable to, what other choices do I have? Can I request my week #3 be moved to later in the year? I did not want to use my week #3 because of all the issues, I was unsure if I made the air and vacation requests that they QH might not be open due to the fire and the hurricane

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
To all QH Experts, I placed a direct exchange request back in July with QH, for over 45 different dates and locations, I was so hoping that QH could find me direct exchange. If they are unable to, what other choices do I have? Can I request my week #3 be moved to later in the year? I did not want to use my week #3 because of all the issues, I was unsure if I made the air and vacation requests that they QH might not be open due to the fire and the hurricane

I just had a guest leave QH last Friday. He says they had a great time. His wife was tele-working and was trying to do that in the courtyard because the WiFi in their unit wasn't working well. In typical QH fashion, they were moved to a 2BR unit in a section where the WiFi signal was stronger.

Another guest checked in two days ago (11/20) but I haven't heard from her.

QH reopened in early September. Call them if there is a question about a specific unit but there is no apparent reason you would not be able to use your Week 3.

Last edited:

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House's 2022 Calendar

Attachments

• QH Calendar 2022.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 27