• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Quarter House, New Orleans

nolafan

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House
Since our Jazz Fest was switched to October this year, our usual week/unit at the Quarter House has changed. Does anyone have any information on Unit 331? Thanks!

Linden

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Smoky Mountains, Club Wyndham Access, Quarter House New Orleans
We’ve stayed in 331 once. Around 900 sq ft and has small bathrooms.

nolafan

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House
We’ve stayed in 331 once. Around 900 sq ft and has small bathrooms.
Thanks! Do you recall if that unit faced the street? Were both bathrooms outside the bedrooms?

Linden

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Smoky Mountains, Club Wyndham Access, Quarter House New Orleans
One bathroom was off the Master and it was tiny. The other one was in the hall and it was bigger but if I remember right it had the washer/dryer in it. If you want to pm your email we can send pics. Yes the living room-kitchen faced Chartres Street.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
If you're concerned about street noise interfering with sleep, it probably won't. For one thing, Chartres isn't the noisiest street in the city. Second, we own a week in 427, which also faces Chartres, and have never had a problem. I guess the brick walls do a good job of stopping noise.

nolafan

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House
If you're concerned about street noise interfering with sleep, it probably won't. For one thing, Chartres isn't the noisiest street in the city. Second, we own a week in 427, which also faces Chartres, and have never had a problem. I guess the brick walls do a good job of stopping noise.
Thanks, we're used to it also, our usual room is 227 which faces Chartres. I actually like watching the street scenes below, always interesting. :) Usually can't hear anything once in the bedroom.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
It's hard to say with Quarter House but most places, 227 and 427 would be the same.

Long hallway from the entrance, MBR and bath on the right, then the 2nd bath, washer/dryer, and 2nd BR. Then it opens up to the LR/DR, and partial kitchen.

nolafan

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House
It's hard to say with Quarter House but most places, 227 and 427 would be the same.

Long hallway from the entrance, MBR and bath on the right, then the 2nd bath, washer/dryer, and 2nd BR. Then it opens up to the LR/DR, and partial kitchen.
That's it.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Will all the rooms be reopened by October? I know they did a partial reopening in January, but has it completly reopened yet after the fire?

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Does anyone know if Quarter House rooms listed on Interval exchange confirmations are the actual rooms someone ends up receiving? And is there a map or layout somewhere? Our confirmation says Room 109. Not sure if that's good or bad, or if it's only so they can list something. How can I find out?

Dave

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Dave -- Unit 109 is on the other side of the courtyard from the entrance and just steps from the courtyard. I believe it has windows on to the courtyard. I have a week in Unit 110, across the hall. Unit 110 is fine except it has no windows and backs to the alley where the dumpsters are. Trucks hauling trash make some noise for ten or fifteen minutes early in the AM. You won't have that problem in 109.

This is the best I've seen for unit locations. A lot of units aren't shown at all.

None of that answers the question about whether you'll get 109. I hope you do -- it's a pretty good location. I've had weeks in 110 where I practically lived in the courtyard with a computer. Call 'em up! (504) 523-5906

When are you going?

Attachments

• Unit Map.pdf
    288.4 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Dave -- Unit 109 is on the other side of the courtyard. I believe it has windows on to the courtyard. I have a week in Unit 110 which should be across the hall. It's fine except it has no windows and backs to the alley where the dumpsters are. Trucks hauling trash make some noise for ten or fifteen minutes.

This is the best I've seen for unit locations. A lot of units aren't shown at all.

None of that answers the question about whether you'll get 109. I hope you do -- it's a pretty good location. I've had weeks in 110 where I practically lived in the courtyard with a computer. Call 'em up! (504) 523-5906

When are you going?

Thanks, Jim. I've been trying to find info on Room 109. I think it'll be fine. We stayed at a 5 Star hotel in San Francisco one time where the trash trucks coming down the alley were a major nuisance at 6:00AM, but that unit had several windows on that side. One without windows would be much quieter.

Is there a resort map anywhere? I can't seem to locate one.

Dave

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks, Jim. I've been trying to find info on Room 109. I think it'll be fine. We stayed at a 5 Star hotel in San Francisco one time where the trash trucks coming down the alley were a major nuisance at 6:00AM, but that unit had several windows on that side. One without windows would be much quieter.

Is there a resort map anywhere? I can't seem to locate one.

Dave

Dave,

Unit 109 doesn't back to the alley. Unit 110 does. I attached the rather crude unit map to my previous email. Here it is again.

Attachments

• Unit Map.pdf
    288.4 KB · Views: 36

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Thanks for the map. I didn't see it in the first post.

Dave