• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Quarter House--- Is it safe to be there by yourself?

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Crime stats aside, if you are the person assaulted, murdered, etc., they don't matter. There's hardly a day that goes by that there's not a violent crime or two in our city, and sometimes innocent people are affected. Much of this isn't reported at the national level. Would this keep me from visiting here? Absolutely not. But I would use extra precaution and would be very, very careful being out at night anywhere in the N.O. area.

LIZAP, I plan on doing early dinners and or taking a cab from the hotel for those days that I want to eat out after 6:00pm.

I appreciate your insider info....thanks

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
LIZAP, I plan on doing early dinners and or taking a cab from the hotel for those days that I want to eat out after 6:00pm.

I appreciate your insider info....thanks

Question: Did you stick to this routine? Really?

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Question: Did you stick to this routine? Really?

My Plan was to stick to this routine, but by the 4th day after my family left, I felt comfortable enough to walk to certain area's by myself….

I went to eat in the Garden District one night and dinner ran late so I took a cab back at 10:00pm….

It was a great trip

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm female and currently in New Orleans to attend a conference at the Convention Center later this week. Agree that there's way too much to do to stay inside or close to the resort. Have stayed at Quarter House several times and feel that it is in general the most convenient in NOLA esp for the solo female traveler. Some tips:

- Turn right -- instead of left -- as you exit QH to avoid the corner bar. Daisy Dukes is a couple of doors down and Dickie Brennan's Palace Cafe on the corner at Canal has sidewalk dining where you can take in the street scene. If you want to stroll inside the French Quarter, turn right on Canal and enter Royal Street, where there are more pedestrians than Chartres.

- Food seems to taste better serve in local ambiance, so I've been feasting on 2 mid-day meals -- at 11am and 3pm -- when restaurants serve lunch and skipping dinner to adjust to a new timezone and the 7am conference start-time (hard for someone from the West Coast.

- Sign up for a food tour and get tips from an insider. Groupon has an additional 20% off on "Taste of Nawlins" for today only.

This is the 2nd time in 3 years that my conference is being in this lovely city, and I find it is a fine excuse to NOLA once again. This time I'm staying on an AC at Avenue Plaza, and while that is also a fine resort it doesn't compare to the colorful FQ environment. Take care.

I did this pretty much every day, even when family was with me…. Turning right out of the resort is the way to go….