• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

PV Excursion suggestions?

woj027

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bali Hai Villas, Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort, Wyndham Midtown 45
Hey all,

Anyone have good recommendations for excursions in Puerto Vallarta?
We will be in PV this June (near end of month) and have been there before (March) and have used https://www.vallarta-adventures.com/en/tours/all to go on some adventures.

Does anyone have experience with others and suggest them?

ATV / Off-Roading (Self Drive)
Visiting Cultural sites.
Seeing more of Mexico, smaller towns, local food, etc.
Others?

Thanks in advance

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Rhythms of the Night is one we like. ATV riding is mostly south of PV in the mountains by tour operators. The extreme zip line adventure by Vallarta Adventures is a lot of fun. The Malecon at sunset is pretty good. Plenty of restaurants in the area. The area north of the Malecon is called the 5th of December and there are a lot of local restaurants in this area. Pepe's Tacos is pretty good and open almost all night. Scuba is kind of low visibility in the PV area so it's only ok. Snorkeling is pretty good near the Arco Marine Park.

Free things to do in PV are the art walk. The galleries open up in the evening and people mill about. Night life is slow until about 10:30 - 11:30 at the Malecon Clubs.

The one thing that is unique is the dolphin discovery at the water park. Most places like this allow very little interaction with the dolphins. This activity allows many activities like riding and having the dolphins lift you up into a Superman pose. It's does cost a bit and the top priced offered includes everything and it's well worth it.

Bill

jorcus

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's been a long time but I liked Rhythms of the night tour. The Malecon on Sunday nights is the best with locals all down for family fun. Lots of sidewalk entertainers.

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Vallarta Adventures is the leader in the excursion market in town, but they are also the most expensive. If you go online and book early, they often have a buy 2 get one free deal.

Vallarta Adentures don't do anything food related, and I've heard good things about the food tour trips. Check out TripAdvisor for these walking tours.

I second the advice of the best people watching being meandering the Malecon on Sunday evenings. The food from the street vendors is always fun to try and get some La Tuba from the drink vendors. It's a refreshing apple/coconut drink that I've only found in that region.

Garden115

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a Sunday market in La Cruz at their marina; the bus is cheap. The Thursday night market at the PV Marina is great - ends mid May. Lots of food + music. I like to take the bus to Bucerias and have lunch - try Fat Boy and put feet in the sand. There is a town that PV grew around called Pitillal - no tourists and no English. Have lunch at Birrieira Robles on the street behind the church. There are FB groups for PV.

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
I usually take one of the Vallarta Eats walking tours. Lots of stops and something different at each. My favorite stop is Marismas for their fish tacos.
08556BCF-8B96-48C3-95B2-A6BBCE01DC1B_1_105_c.jpeg

My GF gets filled up at the first couple of stops so I get double at the rest. Good thing there's a lot of walking.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If cooking interests you, look at Rosie's Cooking Vallarta. We had a very fun (and filling) day with Rosie.
1713910450082.png

woj027

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
thanks for all the suggestions!

woj027

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm trying to find a good ATV company, do I go with Vallarta Adventures? or is there something better down south? or even better North of the Vidanta Property?