• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

purchasing points

KathyPet

TUG Member
Reaction score
ECM500, Lots of luck using the gift cards at Frenchman's Reef. That is where we tried to use ours and had nothing but grief and aggravation. They would not take them in the restuarant. We had to charge the meal to our room. When we checked in we told the check in person that we were using gift cards to pay our bill but they still insisted that we give them a credit card for "incidentals". The room was already paid for with points. The check in person said they would not charge our credit card until we checked out and that we could choose to use the gift cards at that time. Not true! When we presented the gift cards at checkout we were told that the charge to our credit card had already been put through. We insisted on using the gift cards and the front desk staff was NOT HAPPY!. None of them knew what they were doing. Had no idea how to process the cards. It took forever while they asked every Tom, Dick and Harry how to process the cards. Finally they got it done and we left with a receipt that said we had a zero balance. Guess what? They went ahead and left the charge on the credit card and never cancelled it. What a mess to deal with. Finally cleared it up after several E Mails and faxes but I will never use gift cards again. Also if I can help it I will never stay at Frenchman's Reef again either. Husband was a gold and we were treated very poorly. Staff could care less about whether their guests are happy. We were given a terrible room that overlooked the delivery loading dock. We asked for a late check out and they generously gave us 1 extra hour and get upon returning to the hotel at 2 PM to get our luggage to get to our cruise ship my husband realized he had forgotten something in our room. One of the bell staff took him down there to retreive it and the room had not been touched by the maid but they couldn't give us a check out later than 12 Noon. Terrible service! I hope never to return.

travelbrite

Reaction score
Hi Kathy,
just would like to share some personal experience with you. please don't take it the wrong way, as i do travel to many different place several times every year.
1st the caribbean is very slow, no matter where you go, no matter where you stay. they are used to island time, and are very slow, and sometimes uncaring, or maybe just overwhelmed. I try not to let that spoil my vacation, after all i am on an island relaxing, no clocks to punch, and they won't change nor be bothered by your complaints, that's just their lifestyle.
as far as leaving your credit card at check in, all hotels again regardless where or with whom you stay require you leave a card as security and id. when you finalize your bill you have the right to sign it or not.
as far as the gift card, discount card etc., you should always present it to the tour company, conceirge or restaurant before you even patron them just to be sure they accept it and there is no confusion later. they never apply a gift card to a charge card or a bill after the fact.