• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

purchased grand luxxe yesterday, question- should I keep or rescind

seema

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will think abouut what you are saying and decide by Friday.

I will speak to the sales manager tomorrow about some of these issues.

Jason245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

You are going back to the sales team. .. have you read nothing here?... I give up. ..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score

Somehow, if you can find out; if you buy a resale does all the benifits YOU wanted transferable to the new owner? If so, even if responded with a no, 10 X MF is comparable much much cheaper than what you bought! Rescind now you do not have enough answers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh, I traded in a Wyndham, when the transfer company call I got my Wyndham back for $500

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

Do you really expect them to tell you the truth? This is not the way to rescind…

No matter what they say, do you really think it's a good idea to make payments with a 10% interest rate?

John Cummings

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

To me, none of those so called perks are worth very much. When it is all said and done what you really want is the ability to enjoy the resort and you can easily do that by exchanging into it. Your Hawaii Marriott resort is worth a lot more than the Vida resort.

You are throwing away a lot of money, especially paying a sky high interest rate of 10% and not gaining anything of significant value than you already have.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I did bring up the comments posted on tug when we purchased the unit.

Their response is that unhappy people will always post but the vast majority of owners are happy and they will not post. If most owners were unhappy, why would they be making such profis and expandung such as building a Cirque du Soleil theme park at M.V. location.

They also quote that AAA 's only 5 diamond reward to a vacation club is the Grand Luxxe at N.V.

Yes, this product is unique in that the Cirque theme park, golf course, airport tram and marina will be a part of owning a Grand Lux. The resort is magnificent compared to most others. The resort restaurants are the best in the area, imo. The beach front is about as good as beach fronts get.

If you have the money to purchase this and feel you would be happy with this product, you should buy it. Many others have.

I will eventually be renting a top tier unit here when the Cirque is up and running or possibly be trading in.

I was told there are no resales of the Lux. I haven't bothered to look as Im not interested in owning here for the same reasons as most of the other posters.

Bill

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Grand Luxxe residence club loft pre-construction NV -originlal price before fees and taxes $143K. Reduced by 2/3 through redemption of other timeshares.
I know this has been touched on a little previously in this conversation, but this highlighted phrase is of most concern to me.

If you are "trading in" other timeshares to reduce the cost, it has been reported here many times that these "deals" fall through several months after your purchase. Basically a third-party is used to sell your old timeshares, and when that doesn't go through for some excuse (there is always an excuse), then the buyer -- YOU -- are suddenly on the hook for the FULL PURCHASE PRICE.

So, Seema, how will you feel when all of a sudden you now have a loan for $143K (minus your deposit) at 10% interest rate?

I can't fathom any timeshare worth anywhere close to that, but maybe I am missing something? :rolleyes:

Kurt

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
The problem isn't that the deal falls through and you are on the hook for the full amount. The trade in is another smoke and mirrors. You probably could have gotten the same price without the trade in. The problem with the trade in is sometimes they have trouble getting the units out of your name and you end up owning multiple timeshares. That only happens with very undesirable TS and/or TS with developers that make transfers very difficult.

Neither scenario should happen for the OP.

Seema,
Happy Vida owners are ones that can pay off the unit without financing and that use their time at Vida properties 75% or more of the time. If you think this TS will get you to equivalent non Mexican timeshares on a regular basis, you will be disappointed.

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm reminded of a funny saying changed a bit to reflect the subject and omit profanity.

If you think financing a timeshare with an interest rate of 10% is a good idea please raise your hand. If you raised your hand use that hand to slap some sense into yourself.

willowglener

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seema,

I traded in to Grand Luxxe twice in 3 years. Both times I used my 1-bedroom lockoff at Sheraton Desert Oasis (SDO) that I bought on ebay with measely $550 MF. First trade was to a 1-bedroom unit and second trade landed me a 3-bedroom unit. My point is, for your to purchase at Grand Luxxe, not only is it going to be difficult to unload when you no longer want to own it, you are also paying 10% interest (~$10K/yr) and MF (another couple thousand?). Since you already own other timeshares, why don't you just use those to trade into Grand Luxxe when you want? There is plenty of availability on II and I've heard on SFX as well.

Good luck.

Daisy

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I was told there are no resales of the Lux. I haven't bothered to look as Im not interested in owning here for the same reasons as most of the other posters.

Bill

There are 10-15 listings on Redweek right now for the NV property. At considerably less then what the OP is spending. Spending the money to rent here instead for the EOY usage that OP wants is a much better use of $$$$$

carl2591

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
remember the ole saying .. you can lead a cow to grass but not make them eat.. I say let them have this timeshare and all its cost.. sometime the person has to learn an expensive lesson to learn.

Plus resend their TUG membership.. it, like the timeshare they are buying are worthless to them. :wall:

You are going back to the sales team. .. have you read nothing here?... I give up. ..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

bjones9942

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lindo Mar, Puerto Vallarta; Lake Tahoe Beach & Ski, South Lake Tahoe
This is the craziest thread I've read in months!

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have exchanged into the GL 5 times in the past 3 years. We love the resorts, but we would never buy there. Why-- on all of our exchanges we have met many owners who were unable to get the weeks they wanted. In fact because they could not get into the GL so they were staying at the GM. Yet we we had exchanged in. The developer dumps a lot of prime season units into II.

rpennisi

Reaction score
I have traded through II into GL, once a two bedroom in NV and once a one bedroom in RM. Great units, but not worth the purchase price.

I think all of the above comments make sense, all good advice. However, consider that the OP might not have a problem with funds. I know there is a 10% interest cost on the purchase, but perhaps other investments cover that and more.

It's something to consider, because none of the arguments given here to the purchase seem to faze the OP.:shrug:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
certainly hope the OP comes around, its not every day you get the chance to make a decision and put 43 thousand dollars back in your pocket.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
We have exchanged into the GL 5 times in the past 3 years. We love the resorts, but we would never buy there. Why-- on all of our exchanges we have met many owners who were unable to get the weeks they wanted. In fact because they could not get into the GL so they were staying at the GM. Yet we we had exchanged in. The developer dumps a lot of prime season units into II.

This is what has a
Happened to my friends who are one week owners....they could never get the time they wanted, Vida kept "changing" the rules about when you could call and reserve...and then they were repeatedly told as single week owners, they would never get into the oceanfront GL buildings or have an ocean view as these were reserved for multi week owners.
And they purchased this after they were explicitly told by the friend they were traveling with NOT to go on the sales tour and certainly do not buy. They spent 100K on this ownership.
And rarely use it.

Those sales weasels are very very good.

therese

TUG Member
Reaction score
Recind

Tell them NO and that you want your money back. Guess what they will sell it to you for your down payment. Do this if you don't want to buy from an owner.

azdave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rescind!!!

TUG and these awesome people have saved me over $90k. None of the benefits make the developer purchase worth it. Stop thinking about it and rescind now. If in 2 weeks or whatever you still want to throw your money away I promise you they will again finance you at 10% with the same deal.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's something to consider, because none of the arguments given here to the purchase seem to faze the OP.:shrug:

I'm not going to categorically accuse the OP of being a shill but his posts in this thread are eerily following a similar pattern to this thread:

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233739 where the OP pretended to be asking a sincere question about a questionable transaction. TUGgers came on the boards to warn him but then he slowly steered the thread toward promoting a scam operation (likely his own).

This thread's OP seems to be ignoring and rebutting all the advice TUGgers are giving him to rescind this "deal" while slyly (or maybe not so slyly) trying to show how great this "deal" is and is perhaps trying to rebut TUG's conventional wisdom to never buy from the developer, especially in Mexico.

Hopefully I'm wrong about the OP and that he's not stooping that low, but we've seen this story many times here on TUG how shills try to infiltrate these boards.:rolleyes:

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, re: post 26, the OP was going to make the decision on Friday. Friday has come and gone. Whaddya think? Did it go with the money safely in the OP's pocket or in Vida's greedy coffers? I'm betting Vida got another one.

Jim

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I'm not going to categorically accuse the OP of being a shill but his posts in this thread are eerily following a similar pattern to this thread.

Seema has been a TUG member for at least 10 years, so it is unlikely that the OP is a shill...

seema

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seema has been a TUG member for at least 10 years, so it is unlikely that the OP is a shill...

I have indeed been a tug member for many years - and I have bought and sold timeshares - some from developers, and some on the re-sale market.

Much of the advice I have used from tug.

Until my family and I stayed at the resort as a guest of my friend - she gave me a week to stay in a 2 bedroom unit at the Grand Luxxe tower 3 - floor 2 - facing the resort; in return I gave her a week to stay at my week at Marriott Ko Olina) - I knew nothing about timeshares in Mexico - and then in the past week, I read all the major recent threads on Vidanta, as well as the sticky threads on Mexican timeshares, including recision.

Both her unit and my unit were 2 bedroom units.

HOWEVER, many of you may NOT like my next post.

Last edited:

seema

TUG Member
Reaction score
I met the sales manager one on one on Thursday. He came on his day off just to meet me and deal with my questions and concerns, many of which have been expressed by others in this thread or other threads dealing with Vidanta resorts (of note- we went over this tug thread and some other tug threads, point by point!).

He dealt with ALL of my points to my satisfaction, and he was able to give a better purchase price than I stated in my opening post. However, due to a confidentiality agreement with him, I can not divulge any details of our discussion - except to say that all of the points in this and other threads were invaluable in allowing to get a better deal than many others tug posters have, when buying from Vidanta. I therefore did get a better deal than expressed in my OP (one indication of this was that the purchase price went down significantly from what I mentioned in that post).

PS-I was busy most of Thursday and Friday (enjoying myself at the resort and in PV), and I was travelling from PV to Ottawa Canada most of yesterday; so I did not have a chance to post until today. Of note, we were scheduled to fly from PVR to EWR to YOW yesterday - but because of the air travel issues in the NorthEastern corridor last night, our EWR to YOW was cancelled; we had to stay at EWR overnight, and we were re-routed to fly from EWR to YOW via YYZ today - so I am actually sending this and the previous post from a lounge at YYZ.

Last edited: