• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Puppies

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Aw, baby puppy got stung by a bee on her toe today. High drama but she is feeling better now. She got to spend the day with me at the clinic. Fun times for her.

To manage to chaos of three dogs, I’ve taught them “Go To Bed”. Which means “find yourself an available dog bed and lie in it”.

Last week, I said “Go To Bed” and all three dogs went to the same bed. So funny.

Auntie Ash on the left, Baby Smoke in the middle, and Mama Phoenix on the right. This is possibly the first time in five months that they’ve all been still enough for me to take a group photo.

DD30737C-54AF-4155-87E8-48273299BB20.jpeg

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Awww. Sweet!

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Aw, baby puppy got stung by a bee on her toe today. High drama but she is feeling better now. She got to spend the day with me at the clinic. Fun times for her.

To manage to chaos of three dogs, I’ve taught them “Go To Bed”. Which means “find yourself an available dog bed and lie in it”.

Last week, I said “Go To Bed” and all three dogs went to the same bed. So funny.

Auntie Ash on the left, Baby Smoke in the middle, and Mama Phoenix on the right. This is possibly the first time in five months that they’ve all been still enough for me to take a group photo.

View attachment 40185
Oh, look at those adorable faces!

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
I look forward to your posts so much! What a joy watching Smoke grow up!

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Points
We are in Genoa, NV near Tahoe, staying in the pet friendly David Walley’s resort. So far its a great timeshare to stay at with dogs. I’ll write a separate post and review for that.

This resort is on a slough, which is a marshy river. Lots of waterfowl. Smokey gets up around 5am. Every time a goose honked, she’d bark. It was super stressful. As soon as the sun came up I took her for a little walk alongside the slough, so that she didn’t wake everyone in the place up.

5E1F052A-4297-402E-B7DC-013B6057F6A6.jpeg

Last night a friend texted me that she is entering her wire dachshunds in a dog show Oct 30/31. I thought she was going to suggest that I come to watch. Nope, she was suggesting that I enter Smoke in the show too. So I did. We have no idea what we’re doing, but what the heck? Might as well give it a whirl.

Right when we get home from our trip, I’ll be attending a seminar to become a Field Trial judge for dachshunds and Bassett hounds. Then the next day is a dog carnival- multiple events but one is a Puppy Match, which is a pretend dog show for puppies. That is Oct 17 so we’ll get to practice a little.

Her first field trial will be Nov 27!

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
She’s sure coming along for you. From the looks, she might do fine in a puppy match. Good luck!

How is Smoke around strangers, and strange dogs? Will she let a stranger touch her?

Dave

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Points
She’s sure coming along for you. From the looks, she might do fine in a puppy match. Good luck!

How is Smoke around strangers, and strange dogs? Will she let a stranger touch her?

Dave

Shes been to dogs shows 3 times already as an observer. Her behavior there is pretty ideal- she’s happy to see the other dogs, interested in them, likes to say Hi if the opportunity presents itself but is very content that 99% of dogs are not going to interact with her. She’s very relaxed at dog shows- lies calmly, will roll and scratch her back in the grass. I done some mat training at shows- asking her to lie on her mat and stay there- and she can do that for fairly long periods of time (15-20 min) quite contentedly. She’s also pretty well crate trained. At the show today, she met a young male Bassett hound (friend of a friends dog). She wasn’t thrilled with his oafish advances but wasn’t afraid of him, upset by him, or trying to get away. So far she walks out of a dog show wagging her tail.

She‘s ok with strangers. Every now and then is shy buy mostly can’t understand what is going on when she’s out in public and some human just walks on by without saying hello. However- the judges exam will be another issue. Not that I expect her to be upset by it but she won’t be used to it and remaining still for the exam will be something of an accomplishment. She will both be taken aback by a stranger touching her and be thrilled to be the center of attention. We have some time to work on these things though.

She’s happy and comfortable on the table (where she’ll be for the judges exam).

The thing that will be comically bad though is gaiting in grass- and we’ve entered an outdoor show on grass. She just wants to bury her entire head in grass, to stop and bite it. She then just plops herself down. Also- whenever she is not sure what is happening or when something piques her interest- her response is to stop for a moment, sit down, observe and give it a think. I’ve always let her do this but in the show ring it will not be a good thing.

We‘ve been to a handling class a few times. Not one where they really teach you but the type where you’re just practicing. She LOVES being in the ring with the other dogs. She moves a better when the entire group is gaiting together. But on her own- boy howdy the best I can say is that it’s very amusing.

There will be a handling class at the Dog Carnival, we’ll do that. I can see if I can drum up some folks for show practice the weekend between the Puppy Match and the actual show.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
She's a cutie, but just you wait til little Snickers comes to live here (the 20th). She probably won't have Smoke's hunting chops, but who knows what the Golden and poodle genes will do. We're going through the Baxter & Bella regime, so we hope for a well socialized loving pooch. 20 lbs. of love.
1633309513764.png

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Points
She's a cutie, but just you wait til little Snickers comes to live here (the 20th). She probably won't have Smoke's hunting chops, but who knows what the Golden and poodle genes will do. We're going through the Baxter & Bella regime, so we hope for a well socialized loving pooch. 20 lbs. of love.
View attachment 40591

Jeez I love the white chin. What is Baxter and Bella?

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Very cute puppies
4DA64EA8-F4FF-4EFD-93FC-88B27FCD771E.jpeg

My new grand pup Boglen Terrier, Adora

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
She is a sweetheart

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
@heathpack Smoke is adorable! Good luck as you enter the dog show world!

@Passepartout and @silentg - more cuties! GL with your pups (or grand pup!)

I love hearing and seeing all about the puppies. I’m going to check into that link you posted to @Passepartout.
We had a trainer come when our Rosie was little and it made a world of difference. She’s very well socialized. Here’s a pic of her recently in Home Depot. She loves all the attention she gets in the store.
0c5f31d8b7ea6a6f56e60123e4c9c5b2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
My Son came home with a days old German Shepherd he could hold in one hand many years ago. We nursed him into one big boy. See my avatar. For almost 13 years he was my constant companion. Most days we would spend 2 hours or so socializing at out local 3 acre dog park. It was really tough when I had to have him put down...

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Snickerdoodle came home today! All 8.5 lbs of her. She's just tentatively exploring her new surroundings. I suppose it's much quieter than when she had kids, her mom, siblings, other litters there. She seems good for a half hour of play and an hour nap.
IMG_20211015_145709.jpg

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Points
Snickerdoodle came home today! All 8.5 lbs of her. She's just tentatively exploring her new surroundings. I suppose it's much quieter than when she had kids, her mom, siblings, other litters there. She seems good for a half hour of play and an hour nap.
View attachment 41039
:love::love::love:

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
View attachment 41039
She's so cute and looking so seriously at something or someone.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
First night at home. Snickers was crated in the bedroom. She cried. A LOT! I took her out at 2 a.m. and returned her to her crate. She quieted down after a half hour. I think the crate is coming out of the bedroom and some of her toys will get stashed in it, so she gets used to it being her 'happy place'. I'm inclined to let her cry- it was her first night away from her mom and siblings- but DW wants to get her out and cuddle, which I think just reinforces the crying/yelping behavior.
<sigh>

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
First night at home. Snickers was crated in the bedroom. She cried. A LOT! I took her out at 2 a.m. and returned her to her crate. She quieted down after a half hour. I think the crate is coming out of the bedroom and some of her toys will get stashed in it, so she gets used to it being her 'happy place'. I'm inclined to let her cry- it was her first night away from her mom and siblings- but DW wants to get her out and cuddle, which I think just reinforces the crying/yelping behavior.

It’s only a matter of time before Snickers is hogging up your bed just like Rosie hogs mine. A king sized bed, but somehow I am left with about 6 inches at the edge of the bed as Rosie is pressed into me all night. Never my husband. She rarely ventures over there to his spacious side of the bed. Mama’s girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Points
<sigh>

Jim I’m in a field trial judging seminar but I’ll reply before this evening.

Do you know if she was already crate trained before you got her to the extent that she’s already been sleeping all night *alone* in the crate? If last night was her first night ever alone, you really want to cut her some slack.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jim I’m in a field trial judging seminar but I’ll reply before this evening.

Do you know if she was already crate trained before you got her to the extent that she’s already been sleeping all night *alone* in the crate? If last night was her first night ever alone, you really want to cut her some slack.
Slack is duly cut. She was sleeping in a crate, but with her littermates. Yes, all this is quite new to her. she's doing fine. She's on the same food she was used to and has both soft and hard (Kong type) toys and does settle right down with them after a 10-15 minute 'play' session.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
It’s only a matter of time before Snickers is hogging up your bed just like Rosie hogs mine. A king sized bed, but somehow I am left with about 6 inches at the edge of the bed as Rosie is pressed into me all night. Never my husband. She rarely ventures over there to his spacious side of the bed. Mama’s girl.
That's what we are trying to avoid. Snickers' predecessor slept with us. Think of a capital H. Short term, it would be quieter and more peaceful here, but we think having a dog that's 'happy place' is a crate by herself would be better. We'll see.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not a very good picture, but today, Snickers learned to use her doggie door both out, and in. She enjoyed 'yard work' while we raked leaves. She thought my gas leaf blower was quite fun. I'd thought it would frighten her, but, on no. It was just another fun new experience.

We have windows down to the floor, and last night, she spotted another doggie (her reflection) so she yelped excitedly, and ran to get her favorite squeaky 'dead squirrel' for her new friend. She stood up against the glass and 'kissed' her her friend, then took the toy out the door, and when the other pup wasn't there, she brought it back in and curled up to chew on it right in front of her friend.

IMG_20211017_194411_023.jpg