• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Puerto Penasco in April

klisow

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were thinking of heading to Puerto Penasco the first week of April for spring break. We are aware that is is not overly warm then, but since we will be coming from Minnesota, pretty much any area will feel warm to us. We were going to head to Cancun, but the airfare for a family of 5 is over $3,700. So we decided to compromise, and fly into Phoenix for a 1/4 of the price, and drive down to Puerto Penasco.

I am wondering if anyone has knowledge about the Mayan Palace there? There are two seperate resort numbers for this resort #6823 and #6860, but both are listed as Mayan Palace. Tug reviews do not even have #6860 listed. I was just wondering if anyone has been there and can distinguish if there is a difference in these two resorts? I am assuming they are at the same destination, just different parts of the development? Do they use the same pools? and are the facilities interchangable?

It appears as if this is the best resort to stay in the area. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Our children's ages are 15, 13, and 11. They love the beach and being someplace warm, basically away from home suits them.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

aliikai2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
They are

the same resort,
rci has a # for owner deposits and a
# for resort ( bulk) deposits.

That is the only difference.

It will be warmer than home, that is for sure. :wave:

Greg

Reaction score
Puerto Penasco

Las Palomas is a spectacular resort. They are condos. However, it is also in the RCI book. I know several people that own there and rent their units out. We stayed in a 1 bedroom for $150.00 a night. Feel free to send me a PM to inquire about renting a private condo. They have 1, 2, and 3 bedroom units there. Wonderful pools, spas, restaurants, etc...You are right on Sandy Beach.

planada

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Kauai Beach Club, Marriott Sabal Palms,Marriott Waiohai Beach Club, Cibola Vista Resort, Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach,Marriott Destination Points,Vidanta Nueva Vallarta Grand Lux
April should be perfect! The ASU and UofA craziness should just be over with and although in town will be busy, it just adds to the fun. The Mayan Palace is 17 miles from town on a beautiful stretch of beach. There are all the "toys" to rent on site but your older kids will like going into town too. Its really the best of both worlds because MP is very nice and quiet to escape to AFTER the craziness in town. I am not an owner there but we go to Rocky Point 6 times minimum a yr and have been out to the Mayan Palace numerous times. Have only stayed overnight once with friends and enjoyed it very much, but have been on the grounds enough to like what we saw. I do not think you will be disappointed, nor will the kids.