• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pueblo Bonito Rose-Good or Bad Comments

biafrate

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am very interested in hearing from all Tuggers who own or have traded into this resort. I want the good, the bad and the ugly on this resort. Pictures from the web site look outstanding but is it as nice as it looks. Your honest, candid opinions would be greatly appreciated. I am hoping to visit in early May. :rolleyes:

laynemiller

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't stayed at the resort, but we ate the buffet there a few weeks ago after touring Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach. Both resorts look as nice as any I have ever seen. The grounds are gorgeous, the buildings are fabulous and staff treated us terrifically. The food was very good and the evening was very memorable.
Layne Miller

Monica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great Place!

We've stayed there before we bought at Sunset. It's great! Absolutely beautiful. It is in front of a swimmable beach. Lots of water activities. I would recommend it in a heartbeat!

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
May should be a delightful time to be in Cabo, and PB Rose is an outstanding resort with a great location. It's an easy walk into town and the beach is safe for swimming. As for the internet pictures--what you see is what you get! It's beautiful. :)

Ellis2ca

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Good and Bad Comments

By a freak of chance, and due to the good comments I read on TUG, I stayed there twice on two separate occasions in one year.

It is gaudy. There are statues of Roman Gods and heroes in the gardens and swimming pools, as if you are in Rome... and the lobby is decorated with religious statues and pictures, as if you are in a church. The prices are very high for food and/or internet service. It is well located in town. The beach is as good as they come in Cabo San Lucas, which is not very good, but as good as it comes in Cabo. Don't expect a good view of the beach and you will not be disappointed. For reasons which I don't understand, instead of the view facing the ocean, they designed them so most of them face the pools and gardens. The rooms are sparsely furnished, and they charge you for the drinking water and the coffee in your room, if you decide to use it.

Service is "pretty good."

It is not "absolutely beautiful" in my opinion, but it rates about a 7.5, or 8.0, at best... which is "not so bad" if you don't mind the bad taste in decoration, overall.

I kind of liked Pueblo Bonito White (or Blanco) better, which is next door, but I didn't stay there, it just seems cozier and with a better view of the beach.

My opinion is: It is better than staying in a hotel, but not what I would buy if I want a timeshare. You will be happy enough if you stay there, but don't buy without seeing it first and forming your own opinion.

- Ellis

Cyndi

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lindo Mar, Pueblo Bonito Sunset, WorldMark
Good - nice rooms, clean, good location. Busy upbeat atmosphere. Great spa and nice service.

Bad- many rooms have only marginal views, long walk to your room if you do have a good room, no room at the pool.

I too prefer to stay next door at the Blanco where it is quieter and there are chairs available without going down before sunrise and staking out a chair.

I also prefer the Sunset Beach over the Rose and chose to by a secondary market week there after staying at all three resorts. They don't have towel cards and don't allow you to save a chair. It is all first come, first best seat at the pool.

gobajanow

Reaction score
All four of the PB's in Cabo are outstanding. I prefer Pacifica and Sunset. Blanco was built first and the layout of Rose' is that they had to squeeze it into that long rectangle, thus the horseshoe shape.
I like Blanco better because most(all?) rooms are ocean view.
I am not a fan of Medano Beach. When I have visited in January and July and August I did not like the diesel fumes from all the obnoxious water craft (yahoos on sea doos), the aggressive vendors.....it is just not my idea of a beach....not pristine.
But, lots of folks love it and you can walk to fun bars and restaurants along the beach.
Now, the beach at Pacifica and Sunset is like being at the end of the universe! I stick to the pool and to get my ocean swimming in I drive over to Rose', or better yet, drive to Chilleno or Rose'. Another place we like to swim is Lovers Beach if the surf is calm and you can catch a cheap water taxi right in front of the Rose'.
Rose' is great...this is like deciding which corner of heaven is better!

gobajanow

Reaction score
My biggest complaint with Rose' is the pool ...the walk-through layout for everyone going to the beach rather than at Sunset which is a destination pool with interesting alcoves and atmosphere.

gobajanow

Reaction score
Cyndi...I didn't know that you weren't allowed to "reserve" pool seats with towels...but I guess that explains why the seating has never been an issue! I did not appreciate the lack of towel cards til I went over to Blanco and Rose' and then I worried someone was going to steal my towel and I would be docked. Kind of funny.

gfgallegos

Reaction score
Generally agree with the comments above. Basically the Rose has a great location--close to town plus a swimmable beach. The pool is large and has a lot of activity (when we were there, anyway) including fun and games. Took the PB bus to Sunset and enjoyed the Sunset pool as well. I liked the Roman decor at Rose and how the formal landscaping fits with it. Some complain about the birds but I spent about an hour watching them and came to like the strange honking sounds, especially for their beckoning morning get-up. Also would add that the Spa/gym especially differentiates Rose from other resorts.

On the negative side--the restaurant is pricey and the beach is full of bothersome vendors.

But, on the whole a great place to stay!