• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Program Fees

Lacardsfan

Reaction score
Need a little help with this because I have talked to two people at Wyndham that basically read me the description. Here is the online description on "program fees"

Program Fee

The Program Fee is determined annually by the CLUB WYNDHAM Plus Board of Directors on a pro-rata basis depending on the number of points assigned to each member. The fee is used to pay the operating and administrative expenses of the program, including owner communications, reservation services, Consumer Finance services, Club financial management and other related expenses.

Now I called because my two timeshares that I bought at 49k points each per year (98k total) came out to being 5.36 per 1k points in MFs. But I just looked at my account and there are these "program fees" that I had no idea about. Granted it is only 117 dollars but that definitely throws off my points/mf calculation.

Plus I am getting another resale account for 140k points in the next week or two. So I want to know how much my "program fees" will be going up.

I said since I have (basically) 100k points can i do the calculation and guesstimate the PF for my 140k points coming in?

They both said no, that sometimes program fees do not go up even if you get more points, that sometimes it depends on the contract.

I asked how that was possible when the description they gave me said it was based on the points that I had. UGH

Basically they were telling me that it is completely arbitrary and there is no way to calculate how much PFs are going to be.

I called BS and said that is ridiculous because then they could charge me something and someone else with way more or way less something completely different.

So here I am, where I should have started in the first place. ON TUGG. please help, is it that each PFs is 1.19 per 1k points? If so am I going to have to add another 167 dollars to my total when I get my new contract.

This is an unforeseen charge that I did not account for, sucks to be nearly 300 more a year.

Last edited:

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
There minimum amounts of program fees that you pay based on the amount of points that you own. Only owning 49k points means your program fees per point will be high. Your average will go down when your 140k are in your account. After 300 or 308k all points have the same program fee. Which does not seem equal but is the way it is.

rrlongwell

Reaction score
[QUOTE ... The Program Fee is determined annually by the CLUB WYNDHAM Plus Board of Directors on a pro-rata basis depending on the number of points assigned to each member. The fee is used to pay the operating and administrative expenses of the program, including owner communications, reservation services, Consumer Finance services, Club financial management and other related expenses ... [/QUOTE]

Always wondered, is Members Services at the resorts (aka the parking pass people) part of the administrative expense and are the "Owners Updates" paid for under the owner communications section.

Lacardsfan

Reaction score
There minimum amounts of program fees that you pay based on the amount of points that you own. Only owning 49k points means your program fees per point will be high. Your average will go down when your 140k are in your account. After 300 or 308k all points have the same program fee. Which does not seem equal but is the way it is.

Does anyone have close to 240k points per year? If so what are your program fees?

vckempson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Program fees for 2012 are $0.51 per 1,000 points or a minimum Program Fee charge of $98.00 per year, whichever is greater.

So... once you add the new contract, it will be 238 x .51 = $121.38. Therefore, your total program fee will only go up by $23.38.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I agree with VCKempson's math and am1's comments.

This is why I recently gave away my Wyndham to another TUGger. I really liked it, but it made no sense to have only a single (EOY) contract when there is an annual minimum Program Fee. It blew the cost effectiveness of the membership and I either needed to buy another one, or get rid of the first one.

So.....I gave it away.

Best,

Greg

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
$117 is the minimum for an account with Plus partners. At least the initial purchase was from Wyndham and not resale.

You will be charged 53 cents per 1,000 points or $117, whichever is greater.

You will have 49 + 49 + 140 = 238K points. At 53 cents per K your program fee will be $$126.14, just a small increase.

deemarket

TUG Member
Reaction score
So if I am considering getting into Wyndham points I would be better to by one pkg of 308,000 points than two contracts of 154,000? What would be the costs for the one pt pkg vs the two pkg og 154k? Asuming both cost .005/pt in MF's.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
So if I am considering getting into Wyndham points I would be better to by one pkg of 308,000 points than two contracts of 154,000? What would be the costs for the one pt pkg vs the two pkg og 154k? Asuming both cost .005/pt in MF's.

Either way the program fee would be the same

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)

The advantage to buying only one contract would be that Wyndham charges $299 per contract for transfer fee. The disadvantage to buying one contract would be if you ever wanted to downsize your points a little bit you couldn't just dispose of one of the 154,000 point ones.