• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Problems with TATW handling timeshare trade

jrosee8691

Reaction score
Last May we visited Cabo and ended up at a timeshare presentation at Playa Grande. Long story short, we ended up paying them $6500 plus trading in our timeshare at Inn at the Opera in S.F., which now has an annual fee of close to $1,000. We traded for a week every other year at Playa Grande. We were told that Travel around the World (TATW) would contact us about the trade after we got home.
TATW did not contact us until July, but they did call us and ask us to fax them the deed, which we did. In November we received the association fees bill from Inn at the Opera. Call TATW and find out they have done nothing because they need signed power of attorney. We sent that. They told us to send them the Association fees bill and the tax bill for Inn at the Opera and they would take care of it. They haven't. Yesterday we received another bill from Inn at the Opera with a late fee of almost $100. Contacted TATW and they admit they haven't paid either bill and don't know when they will, but they assure me it will be paid. We realize that we now own two timeshare weeks and I assume are liable for the bills from both.
What recourse do we have? Has anyone traded through TATW and can you tell me if they actually do eventually complete the trade? We don't know if this is total fraud, cashflow issues, their hoping they can drag this out as long as possible, or what. I'd appreciate any help anyone can give!

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free