• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[Problems making VISTANA reservations - official thread]

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mine is a fixed Friday check-in for Christmas week. It pops up every year in my account in November, I think, as a confirmed reservation. I do nothing to book it.
do all the even weeks have Friday check in at Lagunamar? I reviewed the papers for one and I could not find the detail specified anywhere, it turned out the reservations started indeed Fridays.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
do all the even weeks have Friday check in at Lagunamar? I reviewed the papers for one and I could not find the detail specified anywhere, it turned out the reservations started indeed Fridays.
I don’t know. I bought it resale. I was looking for a different resort and I found this one advertised as a Platinum week for $7000 and bought it. The title company discovered it was a fixed Christmas week. At first I was disappointed but I bought it anyway. It rents really well. I rented it this year and we’re checking in on a restricted Star Option reservation on Monday. They told me it can float Platinum if I cancel the reservation but I’ve never tried it.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
I don’t know. I bought it resale. I was looking for a different resort and I found this one advertised as a Platinum week for $7000 and bought it. The title company discovered it was a fixed Christmas week. At first I was disappointed but I bought it anyway. It rents really well. I rented it this year and we’re checking in on a restricted Star Option reservation on Monday. They told me it can float Platinum if I cancel the reservation but I’ve never tried it.

Fixed Christmas weeks are "Event Weeks" (week 51) at Lagunamar. They auto reserve and checkin day is always Friday. You are correct that you can cancel the reservation and float it. It's a very prime week and during non-COVID years it's impossible to book it from the outside and can rent for a huge premium. I know Marriott rents just the studios for upwards of $900/night during that week. I own the same week and in the past have tried to move the week usage down 1 day to Saturday-Saturday but it's always been full, no availability.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
Fixed Christmas weeks are "Event Weeks" (week 51) at Lagunamar. They auto reserve and checkin day is always Friday. You are correct that you can cancel the reservation and float it. It's a very prime week and during non-COVID years it's impossible to book it from the outside and can rent for a huge premium. I know Marriott rents just the studios for upwards of $900/night during that week. I own the same week and in the past have tried to move the week usage down 1 day to Saturday-Saturday but it's always been full, no availability.

Once I called to see if I could book it for a Saturday check-in. She told me it was a dangerous move because I’d have to give up my week and there might be nothing to rebook so I didn’t do it. This year with a Christmas Day check-out, I was able to book the 25th to 27th with restricted options to add to it.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Spoke to owner resolution this morning and got my week booked.
good for you! Was it difficult to get them on the phone?

Markus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WLR, WKV, WDW
good for you! Was it difficult to get them on the phone?
When I called, I was put on hold and requested a call back, which came within an hour. I asked to be transfered to resolution services and that was done within 5 Minutes. very satisfied with the outcome.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
When I called, I was put on hold and requested a call back, which came within an hour. I asked to be transfered to resolution services and that was done within 5 Minutes. very satisfied with the outcome.
Is there a separate # for owner resolutions?. I have been having difficulty reaching anyone to get my SO's returned from a recent cancelation.

Markus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WLR, WKV, WDW
Is there a separate # for owner resolutions?. I have been having difficulty reaching anyone to get my SO's returned from a recent cancelation.
You just have to call the regular number and ask to be transferred to them.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
You just have to call the regular number and ask to be transferred to them.
Yes, after I'd chatted online with someone they emailed me and said please contact Resolution Services Department immediately on a given number and when I called it I just got the general line, intro speech, our lines are busy, goodbye. :mad:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Bumping.. due to recent reports. I thought this was a sticky at one point,

2022 booking issue

Last edited:

Pipercub925

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just had the same problem alwysonvac! I’ve never experienced anything like this before! I wasn’t even trying right at midnight EST, and I was looking at less then 12 months, but it gave me the same information you got! I was also trying to book home resort WKORV as well as WKORV North. Really frustrating!