• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Presidential reserve

Mommahacker

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Canterbury San Francisco
Is there a way to get to presidential reserve without buying PR. Like by the number of points?

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Is there a way to get to presidential reserve without buying PR. Like by the number of points?

No. PR is an ownership type, like CWA or CWS, it’s not a VIP level so it’s not about how many points you own. That said, I do believe you must purchase at least 1MM PR points for eligibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mommahacker

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ThThayo
No. PR is an ownership type, like CWA or CWS, it’s not a VIP level so it’s not about how many points you own. That said, I do believe you must purchase at least 1MM PR points for eligibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok thank you. I was afraid you would say that. :)

Mommahacker

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When we spoke with one of the sales reps. He said you can take part of your PR and split it and both would be OR, ie you have 1,200,000 points, give 200,000 to a relative and they both would be PR. Has anyone else heard this.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
When we spoke with one of the sales reps. He said you can take part of your PR and split it and both would be OR, ie you have 1,200,000 points, give 200,000 to a relative and they both would be PR. Has anyone else heard this.

The only way I can think of to do something like that would mean buying directly from Wyndham. You could buy 1.2M PR points at a single resort or 1M PR points at resort A and 200,000 PR points at resort B. In the case of the relative scenario you would have to leave at least one of your names on the deed with them on it and keep it in your account. The advantage of buying at two different resorts is that it would give you and the relative ARP, Advance Reservation Priority, at both resorts. If they had their own account and only had 200k PR points then they would only be able to use those points at the resort they are deeded at, not at any other resort. And I'm not sure that they could even book anything but a PR unit at that resort.

Also even if you already had a million points, either CWA or CWS or a combination of both, you still have to do an equity trade using some or all of those points and buy 225,000 new points to buy into PR. Occasionally you can find a resale of 1M PR points. However if you aren't already platinum having resale PR won't automatically make you Founders under the upcoming Privileges program if that's your goal.

Mommahacker

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are at the platinum level with all wyndham sale points
Would like to go to PR but the additional cash wyndham wants is more than we can afford, our want to spend since we already have so much invested already.

Last edited:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Would like to go to PR but the additional cash wyndham wants is more than we can afford, our want to spend since we already have so much invested already.
What is the $ amount Wyndham is asking. I would love to see Wyndham's offer sheet on this. One thing for sure Wyndham math just never adds up.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

I am a Presidential Reserve owner at Bonnet Creek. That lets me book 4BR Presidential units at Bonnet Creek fourteen months before check-in. To my way of thinking, that is the main benefit of my Presidential Reserve ownership. If something like that is important to you, you might pursue acquiring PR status.

I'm sure Wyndham can come up with a deal to take back some of your points and sell you a PR package at a PR resort. But, I think you already have a great ownership and need to do some serious thinking about PR and whether you need it.

Mommahacker

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I honestly can't remember all the details. Just the bottom line of 60k. We are retired now and don't have the income we did when we started. I would love to have PR for the benefits of booking 12-14months out. Will keep my eyes open for any resales. Thank you all for your time and expertise.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I honestly can't remember all the details. Just the bottom line of 60k. We are retired now and don't have the income we did when we started. I would love to have PR for the benefits of booking 12-14months out. Will keep my eyes open for any resales. Thank you all for your time and expertise.

Those are difficult to come by because some, if not all PR contracts, have a Right of first refusal (ROFR) clause which gives the developer the option to buy the contract at the sale price that was established between the owner and buyer. The buyer gets nothing except a refund (hopefully). PR contracts are the only contracts that I know of that have a ROFR clause. What this means to you, in a nutshell, is you have to be willing to pay a higher price then Wyndham for that contract. If the price is to high for Wyndham, they will waive their ROFR, and allow the sale to proceed. In the National Harbor bylaws, they state that the developer has ROFR on PR points.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Right of first refusal (ROFR) is a sales ploy to make a sale. Do you know anyone who sold their PR back to Wyndham?

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Right of first refusal (ROFR) is a sales ploy to make a sale. Do you know anyone who sold their PR back to Wyndham?

For regular points it is. For PR, it’s written in the bylaws. Unlike the sales ploys, that one is in writing. No guarantees obviously, but how many presidential reserve contracts do you see on the market? I’ve seen maybe 3 in the past few years. Do you really think they would let those go for cheap like regular points? If they are short in inventory, which they have been from time to time at popular resorts, they will exercise ROFR.

Baggi

Reaction score
I am a Presidential Reserve owner at Bonnet Creek. That lets me book 4BR Presidential units at Bonnet Creek fourteen months before check-in. To my way of thinking, that is the main benefit of my Presidential Reserve ownership. If something like that is important to you, you might pursue acquiring PR status.

I'm sure Wyndham can come up with a deal to take back some of your points and sell you a PR package at a PR resort. But, I think you already have a great ownership and need to do some serious thinking about PR and whether you need it.

I just went to look at booking Bonnet Creek to figure out how many points it'll cost me to book in the Value season. It won't even give me the option of the 1, 2, 3 or 4 bedroom Presidential. The largest I can book is the 3 bedroom Deluxe.

Is this because you need Presidential status or something? It's not just about points?

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
The largest I can book is the 3 bedroom Deluxe

Did you do a search by room type? When I search for a 4BR right now,
I only see scattered (unbookable) singles until May. Right now I (PR) see
a 4BRPres available May 19-23, 4 nights for 194,000 points. I believe that it
(and similar rooms) should be bookable by non-PR owners, *unless* it is
in the "75% held" category.

https://www.myclubwyndham.com/mycw/...rship/club-wyndham-presidential-reserve.page?
"Privileged Reserve Period
10 - 1 months prior to your check-in date is the Privileged Reserve Period for Presidential Reserve Suites. Up to 75 percent of unreserved Presidential Reserve Suites will be held for CLUB WYNDHAM Presidential Reserve Members to access during this benefit period."

It could be that the 4BR are popular and just booked up. Other TUGgers know exactly
how many 4BR are at BC and may chime in. I also see Sept 7-11, and quite a lot of
availability in 4BR at the end of August. But some entire months are apparently fully booked.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
As a non-PR, I see scattered singles and short stays in 4BRs (note that WBC has 4BR Presidentials as well as PR) through September 10, 2020, then nothing at all, not even a single orphaned night after that. I think that's the issue. As someone with 10-month access, I should be seeing the same type of scattered availability through December at this point, and someone with CWA should be seeing at least some nights through March 2021. For whatever reason, it appears that these units are basically offline for booking after 9/10/20.

Edit: Similarly, at Ocean Boulevard where I do have ARP, it shows no availability, not even single nights, in a 4BR from now through March 3, 2021. Then it's wide open for the last two weeks of the ARP period (though it tells me there are no units for a continuous stay). In contrast, Seawatch, which only has one single 4BR unit, at least shows scattered nights for the entire 13-month period (and lets me get a continuous booking in ARP if I wanted it). This is something weird on the Wyndham side.

Last edited:

Baggi

Reaction score
I was looking for 12 nights in September. Starting on a Tuesday and ending on a Saturday. Only 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms came up.

Baggi

Reaction score
Additionally, the points were all slashed for some reason.

Example: 1 bedroom 187,000 points with a slash thru it and then another number, 139,000 points.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)

Example: 1 bedroom 187,000 points with a slash thru it and then another number, 139,000 points.

There are discounts being offered at WBC and several other Florida resort locations at present - take advantage of it while you can. :cool:

Just use the points chart here to calculate the points required:

Here's a screenshot for ease of reference:

1582227508355.png

Baggi

Reaction score
They must be offering some weird discount. Because it was 11 nights during value season in a 3 bedroom and came out to just over 220,000 points.

Which doesn't match up with the chart.

rpeacock

Reaction score
I just went to look at booking Bonnet Creek to figure out how many points it'll cost me to book in the Value season. It won't even give me the option of the 1, 2, 3 or 4 bedroom Presidential. The largest I can book is the 3 bedroom Deluxe.

Is this because you need Presidential status or something? It's not just about points?
We have been told by Wyndham that building 6 (which has the PR units) will be under renovation starting after labor day. They hope to have it re-open by January 1, 2021. That may be why you can find PR units available at BC.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)

They must be offering some weird discount. Because it was 11 nights during value season in a 3 bedroom and came out to just over 220,000 points.

Which doesn't match up with the chart.

If we assume a 3 bedroom deluxe in September - Tuesday through the following Saturday - 11 nights - that would be a week at 175k+21k+35k+35k+35k=301k*.75=225,750 points. Close to 220k, so perhaps they're offering a slightly higher discount at present, as 26% discount comes to 222,740 points.

Baggi

Reaction score
If we assume a 3 bedroom deluxe in September - Tuesday through the following Saturday - 11 nights - that would be a week at 175k+21k+35k+35k+35k=301k*.75=225,750 points. Close to 220k, so perhaps they're offering a slightly higher discount at present, as 26% discount comes to 222,740 points.
Why is there a 25% discount?

Is this always the case?

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Why is there a 25% discount?

Is this always the case?

Wyndham periodically offers discounts like this site unseen and unannounced. It might be sponsored by the local resort as opposed to Wyndham itself in some cases, which is why it may not be listed under the Deals for Owners section. Right now, there's a 25% discount listed but only up through April 30, but I booked into WBC the last week in May for the same 25% discount (or thereabouts), and you are seeing the same approximate 25% discount well into the fall. It's also worth mentioning that the 25% discount does not apply to Presidential units, or at least it did not for me. Screenshot below for reference. So, if you're only looking at Presidential/PR units, no discount is currently available.

1582233692076.png

Baggi

Reaction score
Wyndham periodically offers discounts like this site unseen and unannounced. It might be sponsored by the local resort as opposed to Wyndham itself in some cases, which is why it may not be listed under the Deals for Owners section. Right now, there's a 25% discount listed but only up through April 30, but I booked into WBC the last week in May for the same 25% discount (or thereabouts), and you are seeing the same approximate 25% discount well into the fall. It's also worth mentioning that the 25% discount does not apply to Presidential units, or at least it did not for me. Screenshot below for reference. So, if you're only looking at Presidential/PR units, no discount is currently available.

View attachment 17339
Ok, so, is my calculations correct that it I book a 4 bedroom presidential during value season for 11 nights, beginning on a Tuesday and ending on a Saturday it'll cost approximately 360,000 points? That's with no discount

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I was looking for 12 nights in September. Starting on a Tuesday and ending on a Saturday. Only 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms came up.

Here's what I see for Tuesday-Saturday in September:

1582238119722.png