• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Potential Wyndham purchaser questions

Calrissian

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I've been loving exploring the site for awhile, and made it through my first sales presentation yesterday (and stuck to my "no," to boot). I'm pretty intrigued with jumping into the Wyndham, but have a few questions:

1. When I look at ebay listings, many of them list a point total, but also list a season/week as well. If I'm following the system correctly, do those season/week listings have any meaning, or are they holdovers from the older system?

2. The maintenance fees that are listed on ebay seem to vary widely, even for the same point amounts at the same resort. Is there a good source for tracking maintenance fees? I've check the Wyndham owners group site, but it looks like it's down with server failure for the time being.

Thanks for any help! My head is still spinning from that sales presentation.

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey folks,

1. When I look at ebay listings, many of them list a point total, but also list a season/week as well. If I'm following the system correctly, do those season/week listings have any meaning, or are they holdovers from the older system?

Yes, some Wyndham contracts are actually fixed weeks that were converted to Points, when this happens your ARP(Advanced Reservation Period) is limited to that week....But Most (at this point) contracts are points only...so there shouldn't be an underlying week, if you have a question about a specific resort there are dozens of people here that can answer that

2. The maintenance fees that are listed on ebay seem to vary widely, even for the same point amounts at the same resort. Is there a good source for tracking maintenance fees? I've check the Wyndham owners group site, but it looks like it's down with server failure for the time being.

IMO, The Wyndham owners group is the best reference...When i'm interested in an auction, i'll call the resort personally and confirm the MF(Hi, i'm purchasing a Resale contract off a friend, i just want to confirm that the Maintenance fee he has labeled for (X number) Points it correct...
You can also ask here if you have a question about a specific resort

rrlongwell

Reaction score
... When I look at ebay listings, many of them list a point total, but also list a season/week as well ...
When buying from a E-Bay re-seller be very careful on discriptions. There is both intentional and unintentional misrepresentions in the discriptions. There is no straight forward definative answers to your question because of this. For a unit you are looking at, I would not do anything until they send you a copy of the deed with the legal discription of the timeshare. Also, if you post the key points of what you were told, I am sure people would help you know if they are accurate or not. Wyndham sales are not real good on descriptions of the program either.

Last edited:

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
1. They do have meaning, they represent a week that was converted to points.
For ARP purposes reservations are limited to the converted week time frame, not a big deal for most as all resorts are available to points at the 10 mth mark, and usually ARP is not necessary except in some very limited time frames.

2. I would guess lots of Wyndham owners have downloaded that 2011 MF file, you will probably get some PM's or emails offering to send it to you. I have it also if you do not.

mike99910

Reaction score
Selling

Offers to give away timeshare should be posted in the Bargain Deals forum, not this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Calrissian

Reaction score
Thanks all! That's very helpful. I'm still at the researching/mulling stage, so I'm probably not ready to dive at those 77k points, but thanks for letting me know. Basham, I've PM'ed you, I'd love to look at that file.

Thanks everyone.

puppymommo

TUG Member
Reaction score
One good thing about those El Cid points, is like all Mexico timeshares, they are Right To Use, not deeded. They expire (ours expire in 2021) which gives you a built in exit strategy. Only problem is you can't do much at some resorts with 77k. (It'll get you a week in a 2 bedroom in Branson in December. Those resorts, Meadows and Mountain Vista, have nice indoor pools.)