• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pollard Brook Unit problem

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
So, when I acquired my freebie week, there was an issue that was brought to my attention from another owner of the same unit that there were leaks and she was unable to use the unit 2 years in a row. When I contacted mgmt. about it he told me there were no leaks and just upgrading work was being done. The other owner had seen the water damage with her own eyes, so I know he was lying.

So, now I have been in the unit the past week and there is a huge water stain on the bedroom ceiling upstairs and also in the bathroom on the ceiling with mold. In addition, the tile grout in that bathroom is going out. I have sent an email about it to him and also cc'd to VRI. I posted these pics on the Owners FB page. Can you believe not one owner commented about it, yet plenty of comments about my fun type pictures of the restaurants and activities? Does anyone care that this goes on at a resort? Blatant lying and nothing done about what can be a health issue?

Attachments

• IMG_1901.JPG
    IMG_1901.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 42

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
The upstairs bedroom ceiling

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 67

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Grout coming out of bathroom tiles, which could cause issues on the ceiling down below if water gets in between the tiles.

Attachments

• IMG_1902.JPG
    IMG_1902.JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 59

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I remember your earlier thread about your buying and potential issue with the unit. HOA must do something to rectify the problem.

Bwolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
I remember your earlier thread about your buying and potential issue with the unit. HOA must do something to rectify the problem.

sptung: HOA is a joke. It is the developer, the developer's partner, and a hand-picked puppet. The HOA will do nothing. Neither will the general manager. VRI likely will talk to the them about it, but get nowhere. VRI does not manage the day to day operations of the resort. That is in the hands of Innseasons. VRI does back office management and provides VRI*ety as another trading option.

In the past, good, honest owners have run for the board with a desire to improve Pollard Brook. They've lost in landslides because the developer owns so many units he votes himself, his partner, and his puppet into office. The current ballot just arrived. The only name running for one position is the developer's partner.

There may be a plan in place to deal with these issues over time. Most likely there isn't.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Received a reply from the general mgr that he will have it looked at today. Acted surprised. (Yeah- right). We checked out this morning. I was thinking it is not so out of the ballpark in thinking that our maintenance money could be funneled over to the new Riverwalk monstrosity the owner is building down the road. Who knows what he could do with various LLC's and so forth. Hope it isn't happening, but you never know.

I'll be on Trip Advisor and the Innseason corporate FB page at some point this week as well.

All in all we did enjoy our stay this week, but this issue of unit and building maintenance irks me.

Last edited:

Bwolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
It should irk you.

I don't have much use for Dennis and the InnSeasons crowd, but I doubt that they are funneling Pollard Brook money to Riverwalk. I do suspect they aren't maintaining the entire resort as well as they should, they are using low MFs to bait people into buying at developer prices, and all owners will be hit with another special assessment in the near future (2-4 years).

They are stupid to build Riverwalk when Lincoln is already over saturated with timeshare and fractional ownership.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. We really like Pollard Brook and the Lincoln area. Haven't stayed there in years. We like to trade into Trapp.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
It should irk you.

I don't have much use for Dennis and the InnSeasons crowd, but I doubt that they are funneling Pollard Brook money to Riverwalk. I do suspect they aren't maintaining the entire resort as well as they should, they are using low MFs to bait people into buying at developer prices, and all owners will be hit with another special assessment in the near future (2-4 years).

They are stupid to build Riverwalk when Lincoln is already over saturated with timeshare and fractional ownership.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. We really like Pollard Brook and the Lincoln area. Haven't stayed there in years. We like to trade into Trapp.

Yes- I was thinking that also. I told hubby today- "who is going to buy these fractional units at Riverwalk?" The Riverwalk building is like 7 stories high. And this is just the beginning stage of the master plan! I am sure they are going for 6 figures. Most units are supposedly lock-outs. Supposed to be completed by January 2016- but I am not seeing how by the looks of it. I also don't get why they let South Mountain go- a lovely resort- to Blue Green- just to get the money to build Riverwalk right behind it. Crazy. But- since he made money on the South Mountain sale ( I assume), he could have used that to improve Pollard Brook instead of building Riverwalk. I know I am naive and don't really understand all the inner workings of all this.

Yeah- I think they could do more with the maintenance of the resort. It is fine, but buildings like the one we are in- Liberty Lodge- are old and really need some major work to make them more attractive-especially on the outside. Thankfully, the inside- the unit itself- mine at least- is nicer than you would expect from looking at the building from the outside. It was clean (well- except for the ceiling fan- which gets neglected at a lot of resorts. And the stove light- which I took apart myself to clean the bugs out of it) and all that. But then- you wonder why they have not fixed the leaks in my unit when they have obviously been happening for several years. Doesn't make sense. With social media and the internet today word gets around real fast when things aren't right at a resort. I essentially like our unit, as it is a corner top floor loft unit (321)- a 2 bedroom almost like a 3 bedroom-lots of privacy, a nice view, quiet, high ceiling, can access the lobby and recreation area through the covered walkways to avoid the parking lot. Because the building is concrete and motel style, it doesn't give the best impression, (certainly no Marriott! LOL!). It is very damp and dank on the outside. No aesthetics whatsoever.

I know you trade into Trapp. Lovely place. And, lots of aesthetics! I love Stowe and I love Vermont- it's my favorite (especially the Champlain Islands)-that is why I never trade my Smuggs summer week (only the "bad" off-season floaters like Nov/white weeks, which, if it came down to it, I would use anyway if I couldn't get a trade I wanted)), but New Hampshire is also growing on me more and more, especially after a wonderful week like we have had this past week (an exchange of my floater) with the Highland Games, the great weather, the outdoor pool to myself many times since it is off-season, and all that. Very awesome.

My plan is to just use the white off-season weeks at Smuggs to trade back into Pollard Brook or Smuggs for months like June or Sept. or other decent times we might need. Maybe even the holidays, since our son lives in NH. But I am right now happy with week 30 at Smuggs and week 31 at Pollard and with my Smuggs floater used at either one of them for the off-season.

Anywhere else we want to go, I attempt to rent.

I hope we are not hit with a special assessment as you mentioned. According to the newsletter they are doing much better financially, but- hey- I know you can't trust anything anyone says.

Last edited:

Bwolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our unit is the upper left (4th floor - unit 428) in Woodland Lodge as you face the building. It should be a three-bedroom but they took space for the janitor's closet, so it is a large two-bedroom. Cathedral ceiling. Very nice view -- probably the same as your view just from a bit higher elevation.

I hope there is no special assessment, but instinct tells me there may be one.