• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Points Value Spreadsheet Update

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
All,

I've gotten sporadic updates from TUGgers correcting or adding the DClub values in the spreadsheet linked below (gtibbitts.tripod.com) that is in my Signature Link.

It is now uploaded as Points Value v9 on the little website (thanks again to Dioxide for finding that resource for me).

Please let me know if you have any additions or corrections to the spreadsheet -- please send me a PM or post here. Please note, I'm not updating MFs at this time, so the data presented remains last year (2011) MFs.

Thanks very much!

Greg

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Thanks for keeping this updated Greg, it is a great resource that I turn to fairly regularly.

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Thanks Greg. I am sure you are enjoying Hawaii.

For Desert Springs Villas I, platinum, it is worth 125,000 MRPs. The DC points are correct as is.

Mike

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Not sure why I didn't catch this before. Perhaps because I was never considering converting to MRPs.

Harbour Lake Gold 2BR is worth 90,000 MRPs.

There is also a Platinum Plus season at Harbour Lake.

Last edited:

NJMOM2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Abound Club Points
Marriott Harbour Lake
Marriott OceanWatch
Not sure why I didn't catch this before. Perhaps because I was never considering converting to MRPs.

Harbour Lake Gold 2BR is worth 90,000 MRPs.

There is also a Platinum Plus season at Harbour Lake.

The MRP's given to Harbour Lake Gold 2BR is a variable number. I bought mine Harbour Lake Gold 2BR direct from Marriott in 2003. I only get 60,000 MRP's for it.

There is nothing I can do about it. I asked once if it were possible to increase the number of MRP's given (at a price of course). I think at that time they were giving 90,000 MRP's for the week. The answer I got was buy another week and they might be be able to change the original week to get more reward points.

Editted: Also noticed Greg's spreadsheet shows OceanWatch Gold GV get 85,000 MRP's. After enrolling in the DC my OceanWatch gets 100,000 MRP's every other year. They were selling weeks with the capiblity of trading for MRP's every year at OceanWatch but as an Enrolled owner I can only exchange every other year. I guess there are variables at all resorts when it comes to MRP's.

Last edited:

csalter2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Diamond Resorts Gold
Difficult to Understand

I have a problem understanding the thinking in allocating Marriott Rewards Points to properties. I notice that Ko Olina on gets 85,000 MRP, but there are several resorts that are not as nice, don't have the location and have lower costs but receive substantially more rewards points.

I also notice that Ko Olina MV 2 bedrooms only command 4025 DC points compared to the rest of the Hawaii properties.

Is there a reason that Ko Olina's value seems to be lower? At least that's the way it seems to me.

pipet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai, Marriott Shadow Ridge
I have a problem understanding the thinking in allocating Marriott Rewards Points to properties. I notice that Ko Olina on gets 85,000 MRP, but there are several resorts that are not as nice, don't have the location and have lower costs but receive substantially more rewards points.

I also notice that Ko Olina MV 2 bedrooms only command 4025 DC points compared to the rest of the Hawaii properties.

Is there a reason that Ko Olina's value seems to be lower? At least that's the way it seems to me.

The DC points allotted & MRP amount does NOT correspond with MF at all. Plat & view weeks were given a higher MRP value than lower season/view categories, but MFs are usually the same no matter the season/view (some places are taxed differently). Also, with some exceptions, older properties offered higher MRP values than newer (like Kauai Beach 2BR OF getting 150k MRPs - now takes a Maui Lahaina 3BR OF to get same MRPs).

As for DC values, only MOC/MMI are highly-valued out of the HI properties. Some argue that it is based on buy-in price (DC points x 10 = approx going price for weeks), and that is true to some extent. I own at Waiohai (which is marginally higher than KoOlina), and I am still unhappy with my point allotment because based on when I bought at least, I should only be 150-200 points short at most from MOC (I'm nearly 800 pts off at *lowest* season).

You can look at the chart Greg kindly keeps updated for us, and it's not a coincidence that some people are REALLY happy with their DC allotment when you look at the MF/DC cost and why others feel it's a bit lackluster.

---added
For what it's worth - there are some in the system who paid extra for views/weeks, and the DC allotment was the same as other weeks! Examples are Waiohai week 51 (sold as Plat Plus to some people - and even if they paid extra they get the same as Plat weeks) and Aruba Surf Club ocean-side vs ocean-view.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA

Trading for MRPs was used as a sales tool only, to entice people in to buying. Marriott figured they didn't need this incentive to sell Hawaii, thus the lower MRP trading values.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
The MRP's given to Harbour Lake Gold 2BR is a variable number. I bought mine Harbour Lake Gold 2BR direct from Marriott in 2003. I only get 60,000 MRP's for it.

There is nothing I can do about it. I asked once if it were possible to increase the number of MRP's given (at a price of course). I think at that time they were giving 90,000 MRP's for the week. The answer I got was buy another week and they might be be able to change the original week to get more reward points.

This is interesting, I was not aware that the resort had two different levels of MRPs for the same season. We enrolled our legacy resale week and I just finished an online chat with Owner Services to confirm how many points our gold Habour Lake week would trade for. The rep indicated it was 90,000 points. The week we bought was originally bought from Marriott back in January 2004. The change to 90,000 MRPs must have happened just shortly after your purchase in 2003.

cbdmvci

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Beachplace Towers
Marriott Aruba Ocean Club
Aruba Ocean 1 Bedroom Gold MRPs

I think it might be variable ... depending on the marketing mileau.

I get 90,000 MRP for my Aruba Ocean 1 Bedroom Gold.

Thanks, as usual, for your efforts, Greg.

Last edited:

Cobra1950

Reaction score
Yes, this is a great help, I will send you some data I got yesterday:clap: