• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Points Resort Upgraded

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Hi, Madge,
I own a week at a points resort, Rayburn Country in Texas. When I bought it, the resort was a standard resort. Now the resort has been upgraded to the new Silver Crown rating, a new name for the RID rating. If someone makes a points reservation to stay there, he/she will have to use more points than last year because of this new rating.

However, the points I receive from Rayburn Country will remain the same, according to the bookkeeper at the resort. She advised me to check with RCI if I had a question about the points. I contend that my points week should now be worth 17,000 pts. as a Silver Crown week instead of 14,000 pts. as a standard week.

When I called RCI, they said I should call the resort. The resort tells me I should take this up with RCI. What is my week worth now? :confused:

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Karen G,

Sorry for the alarm this caused you -- the corresponding point allocations will be adjusted along with the point values assigned to the inventory. The 2005-2006 Points Disclosure Guide contains the following in Section 5.b:

5. RCI POINTS ALLOCATION, USE YEAR
(b) The initial allocation of RCI Points to a Member is established when a person becomes a Member of the Network. Subsequent allocations will occur upon the Deposit of additional Vacation Time. Once a Member has been assigned RCI Points for each Vacation Time which is subject to a Participation Agreement, such amount will not change, and Members will be allocated the same number of RCI Points each Use Year for each Vacation Time.

Notwithstanding the foregoing, if a Member Deposited Vacation Time and the Network Administrator increases or decreases the RCI Point value of that Vacation Time, the RCI Points allocated to that Member will increase or decrease by the same amount.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Is RCI the Network Administrator mentioned in the quoted paragraphs? Does this mean that I should get more points or not? :confused:

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Karen G,

The Network Administor is RCI, and the key passage is as follows:
...if a Member Deposited Vacation Time and the Network Administrator increases or decreases the RCI Point value of that Vacation Time, the RCI Points allocated to that Member will increase or decrease by the same amount.
If point values are raised, then the annual point allocations are raised to match.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for that clarification.