• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Points requirements for club intrawest booking

sungandjudy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Can somebody help me by finding out how much points do you need to book club intrawest through HGVC portal?
Also, what are the availability of CI during holidays and non-school week?
I am trying to see if it's good strategy to purchase HGVC if I am to travel half the time into HGVC and the other into CI resorts.

Thanks,

Peter

Bill4728

Reaction score
I'm a CI owner not a HGVC owner. If I remember correctly, it is much cheaper to be a HGVC owner to reserve "prime" time at CI than it is for a CI owner.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
C-I cannot be booked thru the HGVC website. You have to call.
Availability during the high-seasons is limited, but keep calling.

Point requirements vary widely. At Temblant, Quebec...

Holiday: Weeks 7-8, 10, 12, 29, 51-52
Unit .... Mon-Thu .... Fri-Sun .... Points/Week
1 BR.... 672 ........... 1,344 ...... 6,720
2 BR.... 874 ........... 1,747 ...... 8,737

Platinum: Weeks 3-6, 9, 11, 25-28, 30-35
1 BR ... 512 ........... 1,024 ...... 5,120
2 BR ... 666 ........... 1,331 ...... 6,657

For more information, see the Members Guide: www.2013clubprogram.com/

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
It used to be cheaper to book CI via HGVC but they revamped the point structure (last year, year before, don't recall) and now it actually costs a bit more points for CI. Not the bargin it used to be.

sungandjudy

TUG Member
Reaction score
C-I cannot be booked thru the HGVC website. You have to call.
Availability during the high-seasons is limited, but keep calling.

Point requirements vary widely. At Temblant, Quebec...

Holiday: Weeks 7-8, 10, 12, 29, 51-52
1 BR.... 672 ........... 1,344 ...... 6,720
2 BR.... 874 ........... 1,747 ...... 8,737

Platinum: Weeks 3-6, 9, 11, 25-28, 30-35
1 BR ... 512 ........... 1,024 ...... 5,120
2 BR ... 666 ........... 1,331 ...... 6,657

For more information, see the Members Guide: www.2013clubprogram.com/

Thanks.
This was what I was looking for. According to this, you would need about 9000 points to book 1 week 2 bring at holiday season. But is this still more cost effective than purchasing CI points?
I just need some cost analysis to figure this out.

sungandjudy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm a CI owner not a HGVC owner. If I remember correctly, it is much cheaper to be a HGVC owner to reserve "prime" time at CI than it is for a CI owner.

What would be your cost to book 1 week 2 bring at prime season, like Christmas-new year period?

sungandjudy

TUG Member
Reaction score
It used to be cheaper to book CI via HGVC but they revamped the point structure (last year, year before, don't recall) and now it actually costs a bit more points for CI. Not the bargin it used to be.

So it's worse now but still better than buying actual CI points?

Buddman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am also curious to know!

Hello,

I presently have an offer to purchase HGVC points with the intention of using them somewhat regularly at CI resorts in Ontario and Quebec.

Is it more advantageous for me to pursue CI points and book HGVC or vice versa?

Is the disparity huge or does it generally balance itself out?

Regards

fillde

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I presently have an offer to purchase HGVC points with the intention of using them somewhat regularly at CI resorts in Ontario and Quebec.

Is it more advantageous for me to pursue CI points and book HGVC or vice versa?

Is the disparity huge or does it generally balance itself out?

Regards

Buy where you think you will be going regularly. Exchangers have a 9 month window to request a reservation. Owners can request at 12 months. Thus less availability for exchangers.

Buddman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks fillde,

I am not certain that this is an true exchange. The HGVC website identifies Tremblant as one of its resort locations. Does an exchange charge still apply? CI only permits a request 11 months from the date of the desired vacation.

I was at a recent sales meeting in Tremblant (March 2013) and the sales rep stated that the CI and HGVC had some sort of agreement that made it easier for the two timeshares to book in each other's portfolio.

A two bedroom accommodation during the holiday weeks at CI cost approximately 280 points (http://www.tug2.net/advice/ClubIntrawestInfo.htm).

I was quoted a price of approximately $243.53 per point. This price was later reduced to approximately $212.86 per point because we were referred by a CI member.

The Hilton sales rep (we were in Florida in January 2013) quoted us approximately $4.76 dollars per point.

Based on this information and the information provided by Talent 312, Holiday weeks at CI cost considerably more in CI points then in HGVC points.

This assuming that the information I used is accurate. Please feel free to correct any errors.

Regards,

sungandjudy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks fillde,

I am not certain that this is an true exchange. The HGVC website identifies Tremblant as one of its resort locations. Does an exchange charge still apply? CI only permits a request 11 months from the date of the desired vacation.

I was at a recent sales meeting in Tremblant (March 2013) and the sales rep stated that the CI and HGVC had some sort of agreement that made it easier for the two timeshares to book in each other's portfolio.

A two bedroom accommodation during the holiday weeks at CI cost approximately 280 points (http://www.tug2.net/advice/ClubIntrawestInfo.htm).

I was quoted a price of approximately $243.53 per point. This price was later reduced to approximately $212.86 per point because we were referred by a CI member.

The Hilton sales rep (we were in Florida in January 2013) quoted us approximately $4.76 dollars per point.

Based on this information and the information provided by Talent 312, Holiday weeks at CI cost considerably more in CI points then in HGVC points.

This assuming that the information I used is accurate. Please feel free to correct any errors.

Regards,

I am assuming that you are quoting retail price. However, most people here agree that you should buy resale. With that, you are looking at approx. $6000 - 9000 for 7000 Hilton points, and substantially less for CI points as well. I am actually looking at the maintenance fees when I am looking at the cost of booking a week at CI resort.

Buddman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Yes, I was quoting retail (no intention to pay that). The reason I quoted retail is the timeshare market does not have a well defined value. It oscillates from the ridiculously overpriced to free!

I had not thought about maintenance fees. good point. The maintenance fee for CI was quoted at $1,151.33 for 210 points.

I believe I was quoted a lower maintenance fee for 8400 points at a Las Vegas Hilton Time share (I think Elara?).

Regards

sungandjudy

TUG Member
Reaction score
So for CI, to book a holiday week you would need 280 points, which comes to approx. $1700-1800 for 2 br. To me, this is too expensive.
Hilton would be much cheaper, but the unknown is how easy it is to book those holiday week. If there is pretty good success rate, say 50%, then I would go with HGVC.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

Regards,

Booking CI through HGVC works just like booking HGVC through HGVC. If you book with points in the club, there is going to be a fee. I believe that fee is $49./per booking. It might be more because CI cannot be booked online through the HGVC system. It requires a call and most times calling costs more money.

You will be able to book CI 9 months out with HGVC. Elite owners can book 12 months out. I learned that recently when I booked a CI stay 10 months out. I was asking for them to use my points to get me a reservation via Resortime and they told me that elite can book within the club at any CI 12 months in advance. FWIW, I booked a 2 bedroom during a platinum weekend and all room types were available at 10 months out at the Palm Desert location.

I think if I was only planning on staying at CI, I'd buy CI points just to make sure I was covered. Contracts can change. We really have no guarantee that we will be able to use CI a few years from now.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Booking CI through HGVC works just like booking HGVC through HGVC. If you book with points in the club, there is going to be a fee. I believe that fee is $49./per booking. It might be more because CI cannot be booked online through the HGVC system. It requires a call and most times calling costs more money.

You will be able to book CI 9 months out with HGVC. Elite owners can book 12 months out. I learned that recently when I booked a CI stay 10 months out. I was asking for them to use my points to get me a reservation via Resortime and they told me that elite can book within the club at any CI 12 months in advance. FWIW, I booked a 2 bedroom during a platinum weekend and all room types were available at 10 months out at the Palm Desert location.

I think if I was only planning on staying at CI, I'd buy CI points just to make sure I was covered. Contracts can change. We really have no guarantee that we will be able to use CI a few years from now.

Points to get a reservation via Resortime?

I really need the class!

I thought Resortime was a cash only deal.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Points to get a reservation via Resortime?

I really need the class!

I thought Resortime was a cash only deal.

It was a recent addition to HGVC, but honestly, I don't remember if it is for all owners. They did make it sound like a very expensive use of points. I am sure it is akin to staying in a Hilton hotel using club points.

Buddman

TUG Member
Reaction score

Hello presley,

That is exactly the information I was looking to obtain from this thread! Thank you.
Personally, I am interested in Tremblant during 'Holiday' season weeks. It will be impossible as a hilton club owner to book this resort when I have to wait 2 months longer that CI members.

I have been going to purchase resale points but if it the likelihood of booking where I want to go is slim, then why bother?

I would like to know how often Hilton point owners get the location they want to book and how far in advance do you have to start trying?

:-( sad almost Hilton purchasers