• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Point at Poipu sales office will be converted back to 3 bdrm

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Somebody told me today that the sales office currently in the ocean front room 6-402 at Point of Poipu resort will be converted back to a 3 bdrm by Hilton (he didn't know the timeframe).

He didn't know if Hilton will put all 52 weeks of this 3 bdrm in the Hawaii Collection or if Hilton will sell those 52 weeks as week and put them in the Hilton Grand Vacations Club (HGVC doesn't have any resorts on Kauai).

Also, he told me that Michael O. Hilton (https://www.hiltonfoundation.org/people/michael-o-hilton) was at Point at Poipu yesterday to visit the resort.

Anybody has heard those stories to validate them ?

1626415598269.png

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Also, he told me that Michael O. Hilton (https://www.hiltonfoundation.org/people/michael-o-hilton) was at Point at Poipu yesterday to visit the resort.

From the bio you linked:

Currently serving as Senior Vice President, Construction and Design Project Management for Hilton Grand Vacations (HGV), Hilton is responsible for the overall management of HGV capital projects, as well as budgeting, planning, design and construction for all HGV-branded properties.

Looks like they are starting to plan the upgrades of the DRI properties.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Question ? So have the merge been approve (voted on) between DRI & HGV ?

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Question ? So have the merge been approve (voted on) between DRI & HGV ?

The proxies need to be returned buy July 28. While I don’t think you will hear anything until then, it might be a foregone conclusion. Even after the official announcement, I think it will be awhile before we hear of any changes to either system or any type of cross booking ability.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
The proxies need to be returned buy July 28. While I don’t think you will hear anything until then, it might be a foregone conclusion. Even after the official announcement, I think it will be awhile before we hear of any changes to either system or any type of cross booking ability.

Think in terms of years, not months, if ever.

I’m sure Hilton is wanting to get out ahead of final vote tally so they can hit the ground running. I would imagine the Hawaiian properties would be a priority since Hawaii sells well in the Asian market as well as the US market.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Somebody told me today that the sales office currently in the ocean front room 6-402 at Point of Poipu resort will be converted back to a 3 bdrm by Hilton (he didn't know the timeframe).

He didn't know if Hilton will put all 52 weeks of this 3 bdrm in the Hawaii Collection or if Hilton will sell those 52 weeks as week and put them in the Hilton Grand Vacations Club (HGVC doesn't have any resorts on Kauai).

Anybody has heard those stories to validate them ?

View attachment 37567

Interesting chart. Curious why Worldmark/Wyndham was not included.

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
There's a 3 bedroom you can book for next July.

1626602469383.png

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Nit - units are sold for only 51 weeks. One week per year is reserved for maintenance.

Also, the base ownership structure at the resort is that each unit was carved into 52 one-week intervals (but only 51 weeks were sold) so all usage rights flow back to one-week intervals.

Then, there are only two 3-bedroom units at the resort, and Unit 6-404 was entirely sold as fixed week, fixed unit. That's going to make it tricky to offer the other unit as anything other than fixed week units.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
In our Owners Update meeting yesterday, our "Counselor" said that sales would be moving out of both units they have been occupying on 4th floor of building 6 - the 3-bedroom unit and the adjacent two bedroom.

That was a decision made by Hilton. Hilton apparently plans to construct a new sales center located closer to the lobby area.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
In our Owners Update meeting yesterday, our "Counselor" said that sales would be moving out of both units they have been occupying on 4th floor of building 6 - the 3-bedroom unit and the adjacent two bedroom.

That was a decision made by Hilton. Hilton apparently plans to construct a new sales center located closer to the lobby area.
Did you get any other useful info at the update?

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Did you get any other useful info at the update?
It's the thread on the sale to Hilton.