• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pls advise

sharifsm

Reaction score
I am looking at getting the cheapest Vacation Club timeshare I can get. Reason being I just want to use the facilities and not stay overnite. Can someone guide me. I mainly want to use the Ocean Watch in MB. As long as you a Vacation club member you can use that facility. So I can buy the cheapest Marriott share available anywhere just to use OW.

Beverley

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are thinking about what we call "day privileges" then you would have to own at Ocean Watch to get day privileges at Ocean Watch and this assumes that OW offers day privileges.

Not all Marriott's offer day privileges and those that do only offer them to the owners of that resort location. The cheapest Ocean Watch week would likely be a bronze off season week. However, I would check the timeshare resellers since the economy has caused some better deals/ lower prices and you may be able to secure a week of a higher season.

Good luck.

Beverley

FlyerBobcat

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that you may use your home resort on a day pass, but there still may be restrictions on that (based on how busy the resort is).

But I'm interested to see the comments on this one.....

AMJ

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
FlyerBobcat,

You are correct. There are some restrictions for the day passes. We got day passes for Barony in June for a week but we could not visit the resort Thursday and Friday of that week.

Joyce

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
That's my understanding, too, that if a resort offers Day Use privileges then you have to be an owner of that resort to take advantage and there may be limits imposed depending on the occupancy numbers. I don't remember reading here or anywhere that any MVCI owner can visit any resort for a day.

sharifsm

Reaction score
I did call OceanWatch and they said as long as u a member of Marriott club u can use the day privileges, except on July 4th week

AMJ

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sharifsm,

I copied this from Marriott's website for OceanWatch.

DAY PASS POLICY
Day passes will be available for eligible OceanWatch owners while in Myrtle Beach for use of the common areas. Only owners who have closed on their purchase of a timeshare interest and are current in the payment of their maintenance fees are eligible to participate. Owners from other MVCI resorts, not staying at OceanWatch but visiting the Myrtle Beach area, are not permitted use of the OceanWatch common areas.

Day pass privileges will be extended between the hours of 8AM-9PM. A day pass will entitle the owner to use all of the on-site common recreational facilities made available to owners while vacationing on their owner’s usage week. This includes the use of swimming pools, the lobby, the exercise facilities, The MarketPlace, Pool Bar and Activities Room. Owners utilizing the resort on a day pass are not entitled to certain Activity programs which are available to owners on their usage week. Use of the facilities will be at no cost, however, we do reserve the right to institute, without notice, a modest fee that will be credited to the OceanWatch Owners Association, Inc. financial statement. Additional services on a pay per use basis may be made available and we will accept cash or credit card.

Day passes will be provided on a day to day basis, based on the volume of business at the resort. Day Pass requests must be reserved in advance of your arrival to the resort. Owners can call up to 24 hours in advance to request a day pass. Use of the Resort facilities through a day pass will be limited to no more than six persons per day pass issued. A day pass will authorize entry of one vehicle onto OceanWatch Villa’s property, but does not guarantee the availability of a parking space.
The availability of the resort for Day Pass use will be determined solely by the Management Team at OceanWatch. This determination will be made based on the volume of business at the resort on the day in question. It is possible that an owner will be issued a day pass, but he or she will not be able to park a vehicle on the property. In addition, it is possible that no day passes will be issued on a given day due to business volume.

Owners will be subject to the published Public Offering Statement Rules and Regulations while using the facilities as a day pass guest.
Marriott’s OceanWatch, will have the ability to amend the day pass policy, as may be, from time to time, deemed necessary in order to improve and/or insure total owner satisfaction.

Michael Reilly, General Manager

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I would never make a purchase based on what someone told me over the phone.

You are getting the correct info in this thread. If you want to use day passes, you must be an owner at the resort you want to visit and there are restrictions on day passes, based on how full the resort is.

If you buy in spite of the accurate info you are getting here, remember that you were warned!

Welcome to TUG!

:)