• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[Please recommend] a resale with as low a price and maintenance fee as possible to get access to II getaways and RCI last time deals.

hanxiong

Reaction score
My experience as well. Last minute getaways are always in far away international locations. :unsure:
I guess so.I think II sells weeks that no one wants by getaways.
I live in asian countries,this should be ok for me.
I think it's not a good idea to use getaways for family vacation in public holidays,but if you consider it as a high qulity remote home choice with a reasonable price,it maybe a good one.In those days without good getaways deal ,I still have airbnbs and hotels:LOL:

hanxiong

Reaction score
I found MVC phuket beach club maybe a good choice.I think I can buy one week in high season for ~5000usd and fee per year is 1000usd.If I can have a week durning chinese new year vacation (in early Feb) and rent it in chinese market,I think 2000 usd per week is possible.
I think this resort only works with II ,but as I even have some profits out of fees,it's ok for me.
I don't know how the timeshare rent work in details,I mean,I book (or lock?) a week in advance and later I can give them any guest name who really check in?
I can speak chinese and I think it's not hard for me to find customers if I have a week during chinese year.

ira g

TUG Member
Reaction score
Best deal I have seen is Ocean Landings resort (OLR) in Cocoa Beach Florida. Current maintenance fee for a studio is about $330 per year. It trades in Interval and is great for under 60 day trades. I have owned these for over 23 years. Good luck.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
If I need a living room then those last minute deals seem better value for money.
If this really not exists then a trader maybe a good idea,and better I can rent it for money instead of II/RCI points.

You haven't bought anything and you're already thinking of renting it out? I don't think timeshare is for you.

Tcbmcb5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Vacation Villages at Williamsburg trades well if you can get a prime summer week and it is dual affiliated with RCI & Interval. I have a 4 BR that can be split into two 2 BRs. Maintenance fees are just under $1,000 but I get 2 trades with it. I just looked at Redweek and there is a High Season floating every other year 2 BR unit for $0. Maintenance fees under $500.

Venter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Club Son Antem, Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve, Marriott Vacation Club @ Los Suenos, MVC points, Sheraton Lakeside Terrace, Sheraton Flex, Westin Flex, Aventuras
I found MVC phuket beach club maybe a good choice.I think I can buy one week in high season for ~5000usd and fee per year is 1000usd.If I can have a week durning chinese new year vacation (in early Feb) and rent it in chinese market,I think 2000 usd per week is possible.
I think this resort only works with II ,but as I even have some profits out of fees,it's ok for me.
I don't know how the timeshare rent work in details,I mean,I book (or lock?) a week in advance and later I can give them any guest name who really check in?
I can speak chinese and I think it's not hard for me to find customers if I have a week during chinese year.
Remember you will need a platinum+ week to get Chinese New Year. It is a very popular week and therefore you may need another platinum week to use 13 month booking instead of 12 month.
@bazzap may have better and nout on this resort.

hanxiong

Reaction score
Remember you will need a platinum+ week to get Chinese New Year. It is a very popular week and therefore you may need another platinum week to use 13 month booking instead of 12 month.
@bazzap may have better and nout on this resort.
thank you for the information about 13 month booking.I think platinum+ week is not needed for chinese new year as plat+ week is only week 51 and 52 in that resort.