• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Please post Starwood ROFR transactions here (ONLY)

FamilyEsq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ESJ - Puerto Rico
Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas
Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas North
Congratulations!!!!

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
WKORV-N 2br OF EOYO 2021 passed at $8,100. Good thing I was sitting down when I got the news.
Someone else grabbed the other EOYE same price but not sure if it passed.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Congratulations and enjoy your new ownership! If you get a chance, please post your information at ROFR.net? Thanks and enjoy!! CJ

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@hohau That's a terrific price. I am surprised it passed ROFR considering WKV is now undergoing scrutiny. Where did you find this listing?

hohau

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagoon Tower by HGVC
HGVC on the Boulevard
WKORV-North
SVV Key West
@hohau That's a terrific price. I am surprised it passed ROFR considering WKV is now undergoing scrutiny. Where did you find this listing?

We found it on Redweek. It was listed and sold by Redweek as well. For whatever reason, we're extremely lucky to get it at that price.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I contacted VSN/VSE about the incorrect CCRs for WKV on the Vistana Dashboard, and asked the question about the reported ROFR for WKV.

I got an immediate reply that it would be looked into, and they would get back to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hohau, that's a great price! Congratulations!

Sicksir

Reaction score
Using my TS for the first time right now at WKORV. Thanks to the insights at TUGBBS, bought it last year and it got through ROFR @ $12.8k for an annual 2 BR OV. Very happy to come back here this year as an owner :whooopie:

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
We found it on Redweek. It was listed and sold by Redweek as well. For whatever reason, we're extremely lucky to get it at that price.

So you're the one who beat me to it :clap:

WahooWah

Reaction score
Some of these waivers are difficult to believe. A 2BR Island View annual at WKORV North was bought back for $14,000 on July 24, 2019. I think the data in this thread and ROFR.net should be taken with a massive grain of salt.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I contacted VSN/VSE about the incorrect CCRs for WKV on the Vistana Dashboard, and asked the question about the reported ROFR for WKV.

I got an immediate reply that it would be looked into, and they would get back to me.

Response from VSE/VSN:
Correct WKV Governance Docs (CCRs) are now uploaded to WKV Association site on Vistana Dashboard. They thanked me for pointing out the error.

AND...
NO ROFR FOR WKV!!!

899D7713-3694-466C-8E0C-6EF3924A9F42.jpeg

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas North - WKORVN Passed ROFR

7/18/2019 2 BR Annual Oceanview $15,000 They waived on ROFR and we have since closed on it. Just waiting to have Vistana slow walk their part
Congratulations! If you have a chance, can you post this info on ROFR.net? Thanks and enjoy your new ownership!! CJ

GabrielSmith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas
Just received notice that the WKRV waived their ROFR. (I added it to ROFR.net) My wife and I purchased a 2BR EOYO starting 2021 for $3,000 at the end of July. Excited as we are first time ts buyers. TUG has been extremely informative, very thankful for all the post and forums available. We purchased through (selmytimesharenow) Ryan found us a great deal! Now trying to find a EOYE for my sister.

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
Just received notice that the WKRV waived their ROFR. (I added it to ROFR.net) My wife and I purchased a 2BR EOYO starting 2021 for $3,000 at the end of July. Excited as we are first time ts buyers. TUG has been extremely informative, very thankful for all the post and forums available. We purchased through (selmytimesharenow) Ryan found us a great deal! Now trying to find a EOYE for my sister.

Congrats on your purchase. Just curious how much closing was on that? SMTN is usually pricey!

phofusion

Reaction score
Has anyone recently pass ROFR on a 2BDRM annual OV contract? If so would you kindly share the price. Thanks!

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has ROFR been exercised on any Sheraton Flex contracts lately? (Or, for that matter, ever?)

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
Has ROFR been exercised on any Sheraton Flex contracts lately? (Or, for that matter, ever?)
I’ve heard rumours in a couple of cases but nothing confirmed to my knowledge.

phofusion

Reaction score
Have checked Rofr.net but nothing for 2020 listed as passed for a 2bdrm OV annual contract. Ive spoken to a few resell agents and have been told by the Vistana/Marriott sales ppl that Marriott is becoming increasingly aggressive on exercising ROFR for WKORV/N. I take all that info with a grain of salt but funny enough the sales inventory manager (closer) showed me a couple emails where Marriott has exercised ROFR on a couple contracts hes tried to purchase recently, found this interesting. So wanted to check if anyone had passed rofr on an OV 2bdrm 148,100 contract for WKORV/N for under $16k recently (was told anything under would be bought back).

Last edited:

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
My cousin has been trying to purchase an annual at WKORVN for a year and hasn’t been able to pass ROFR. If you look at ROFR.net most reported are EOY. I believe Vistana is being aggressive with ROFR.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Desert Willow, Westin Lagunamar
Has anyone had a ROFR lately at Lagunamar lately? Nothing recorded in rofr.net. I saw a 1BR yearly Paltinum season for $4,000. So wondering if the price is right and if will pass ROFR.