• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Please post Starwood ROFR transactions here (ONLY)

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
Just closed on a 2BR WKORVN OFront 2BR for $17k Smoking deal.

That’s an awesome deal. I hope I could get a deal like that. I was just received an offer for OV WKORVN for $15k alone. Almost pulled the trigger and decided to wait. I also tried few redweek sellers and found out one OV annual was just sold for $12.5k yesterday.

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
Deleted

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
We've just closed on a WKORV-N OF EOY unit and received the deed from the closing company today. Price submitted for ROFR was $11k. Not the absolute minimum but we're happy with the price as it was reasonable for exactly what we were wanting.

FamilyEsq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ESJ - Puerto Rico
Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas
Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas North
Congratulations!!!!!

Beastep

Reaction score
We just cleared the ROFR on a WKORV, island view EOY 2-bedroom unit (148,100 star options) for $5k. We already have an EOY unit, so now we have two weeks every odd year.

Last edited:

Mushed

Reaction score
Just got word our purchase is finalized - first TS for us! We lost a HBH platinum to ROFR a few years ago.

WKORV EOY, OV, 2BR $6500. Probably could have gone lower, but we’re happy! We like it there and will definitely go back again and again.

boisebruin

Reaction score
WKORV-N 2 bedroom Island View annual unit.

Vistana just exercise ROFR on this unit for $11K. Surprised they would go that high.

teddyo333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana:
Westin Kierland (x2)
WKORV - OV (x2)
Desert Oasis (x6)
Vistana Villages - Bella
Vistana Villages - Key West
Sheraton Broadway Plantation (2BR Lockout)
Marriott:
Marriott Grande Ocean
Just closed on a 1BR WKORV OV Annual for $7900. We were initially looking for a 2BR OV @ WKORV or WKORVN but do not need the extra bedroom since the majority of the time it's just me and my wife. This will allow us to go to Maui twice a year during the prime season and off-season (Using SO from VV).

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
A 2BR is nice, even for a couple, because the maintenance fees are not much more than for a 1BR, yet you can split the 1BR and the studio to stay two weeks, or take two separate trips. I do like the dedicated 1BR units, though. They are just a little bigger than the 1BR side of a 2BR unit, and you get the entry foyer all to yourself for extra storage.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
The original selling price for WKORVN IV was ~$48,000 by SVO. In case anyone was curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not that it's much consolation given the resale prices but I think we paid $43,500 for ours :(. I console myself with the thought that we at least got the Explorer package paid for and a large number of SPG points included in that 'deal'.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
WKORV 1br OV annual failed at $6,000.

PDX Wolverine

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-N
WKORV
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------WKORV 1 BRM OV Annual $7,900 passed ROFR.

Last edited:

dnmasters

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn, Tamarack Beach Resort, Marriott's Newport Coast Villas, Grand Pacific Palisades, Diamond Resorts
Just informed that Starwood/Vistana, now Marriott exercised ROFR on Gold Season 2bdrm WKV (81,000 SO) @ $501.00.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
There is NO ROFR on WKV!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Just informed that Starwood/Vistana, now Marriott exercised ROFR on Gold Season 2bdrm WKV (81,000 SO) @ $501.00.
Maybe there is something I am not seeing. The 2 bedroom at WKV gold season is worth 81K Star Options. But the maint fee is 1,500 if not higher. That isn’t a great MF-SO ratio. Is that desirable? Even though there is no WKV Or something was changed, maybe they took it back for inventory needs? Wondering how they exercised ROFR when technically there is none.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Maybe there is something I am not seeing. The 2 bedroom at WKV gold season is worth 81K Star Options. But the maint fee is 1,500 if not higher. That isn’t a great MF-SO ratio. Is that desirable? Even though there is no WKV Or something was changed, maybe they took it back for inventory needs? Wondering how they exercised ROFR when technically there is none.
It’s the area. To the unaware, Gold Plus is not a bad time. Yes, it’s hotter than Jan-May however Scottsdale always has something going on.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

As discussed in another thread. The WKV CCRs have no text for a ROFR.
None. Zip.
It is clearly stated in the WKORV CFRs (Sec 9.3).

If someone cares an ROFR has been used by VSE for WKV- they should challenge this.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
As discussed in another thread. The WKV CCRs have no text for a ROFR.
None. Zip.
It is clearly stated in the WKORV CFRs (Sec 9.3).

If someone cares an ROFR has been used by VSE for WKV- they should challenge this.

Right, so how did this buyer lose their purchase? Something doesn’t seem right

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
IMPORTANT NOTE:
The WKV CCRs being discussed by me are actually SDO CCRs.

I do not own SDO, but when I went to governing documents for the WKV on the VSE Dashboard - it is the SDO CCRs that apparently is listed (and downloaded). I just saw this when I saw the villa layouts.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)

hohau

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagoon Tower by HGVC
HGVC on the Boulevard
WKORV-North
SVV Key West
WKORV-N 2br OF EOYO 2021 passed at $8,100. Good thing I was sitting down when I got the news.
Someone else grabbed the other EOYE same price but not sure if it passed.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk