• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Platinum Manor Club Sequel passes ROFR at $8,000

dlpearson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN, SVV (Bella), MOC, MBP, 7MileBeach Club
Just found out this morning. I'll update the ROFR website (once I locate the link).

-David

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Congrats! Was this an Ebay purchase, out of curiosity?

dlpearson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Congrats! Was this an Ebay purchase, out of curiosity?

No, it was from Holiday timeshares. They were asking more, but I offered $8k and they took it. I honestly didn't expect them to a) accept the offer, or b) have it pass ROFR, but it's now in closing.

FYI, I've updated the ROFR database.

David

potchak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats! You took the ROFR crown from me. I passed at $10K.

CMF

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did anyone tell ya that. . .

. . . joining the Yahoo Manor Club Owners Group is now mandatory??

Of course, folks without a sense of humor are not allowed.

Congrats!

Charles

Steve

Reaction score
Congratulations, David.

Thanks for letting us know.

Steve

dlpearson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
. . . joining the Yahoo Manor Club Owners Group is now mandatory??

Of course, folks without a sense of humor are not allowed.

Congrats!

Charles

Hi Charles,

I've been reading with interest your Yahoo club info over the past several weeks anticipating being an MSE owner soon......I'll be sure to join.

Thanks,
David

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
Hey David ... we go back a lot of years on TUG and we are neighbours for the second time now ... BeachPlace and Manor Club (Sequel). That was a super deal...hope you use it and we'll have a round of free golf together! :)

Hopefully we won't see MF go over $1000 at MSE next year!

Brian

dlpearson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hey David ... we go back a lot of years on TUG and we are neighbours for the second time now ... BeachPlace and Manor Club (Sequel). That was a super deal...hope you use it and we'll have a round of free golf together! :)

Hopefully we won't see MF go over $1000 at MSE next year!

Brian

Hey Brian,

I was just thinking the same thing! I've been a passive Manor Club wannabe owner for years (ever since MFs were only $600!) Hopefully their fees won't match BeachPlace for a loooonng time!:)

David

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm going to step out on a limb and guess that the MF for Manor Club will actually go down this year. I'm sure to be pelted with rotten veggies for this comment, but I just have a feeling...

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
I'm going to step out on a limb and guess that the MF for Manor Club will actually go down this year. I'm sure to be pelted with rotten veggies for this comment, but I just have a feeling...

I hope you are right!

Ray

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
I've toyed with the idea of buying an MSE unit to use as a trader, and especially at these lower prices it really is attractive, but those escalating MF's make me wonder if it is still the best option for trading purposes.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Great price :clap: - a sign of the times....

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score

Of course I also hope your right. But with the huge increases in energy costs it isnt going to surprise me if we see an increase of at least 10%.

I think there are going to be large increases in most timeshares next year. I'm not looking forward the the end of the year bill season.

potchak

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would have to agree with gmarine. The huge increases to energy costs are going to make all the MF's go up significantly.

Jpollo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai
Congrats! Question on retail value

Congratulations on your deal. I'm not familiar with this resort, do you know what the current retail cost from Marriott is for this unit?

I'm trying to get a sense of how low the ROFR can go.

Thanks!

potchak

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I was there in Oct last year, retail was $22,900 for MSE plat 2bd.

Jpollo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai
35% of retail price

Thanks, Michelle. Wow! I heard that one could pay 40% of the developers price, but I figured Marriott's ROFR would kick in if it got any lower.

I don't know whether to cheer or cry... as a buyer I'm encouraged by the very, very soft market. But as a current owner at Waiohai it hurts to see the prices so low. But I know it's not an investment, so I don't feel too bad. I knew upfront there would a couple spells like this over the lifetime of ownership.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Taxes are down though, and it looks like they aren't going to need to add anything to the reserve fund.

The big item I'm waiting to hear about is the amount of dues that weren't collected due to delinquent accounts and foreclosures. That could swing it.

Of course I also hope your right. But with the huge increases in energy costs it isnt going to surprise me if we see an increase of at least 10%.

I think there are going to be large increases in most timeshares next year. I'm not looking forward the the end of the year bill season.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
i'm going to say a short prayer tonight for a lower MF for mmc. these rising mf's may price me straight out of marriott before we retire !!!