• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

PIC Program

tyrion

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would appreciate it if someone can explain, in detail, how the Whyndham PIC Program (2023) works. The member's directory is spare on details.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Before I start, do you already have a PIC contract or are looking to enroll one or more? If not are you willing to make a $17,000+ wyndham retail purchase. If the answer is no, then no need to go further in your research. If yes do you already own a non wyndham weeks timeshare, that exchanges through rci? If so what resort and what size unit?

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Non Wyndham, Non RCI Points resorts, in which intervals already owned by you, can be converted into Wyndham Points and counted towards wyndham status, with the purchase of a retail wyndham contract.

Now it is generally not advised to do that, but if you are trying to reach any significant VIP status, PIC is the only real economonic shortcut to get you there.

If you already own, what do you own? Both in and outside of Wyndham

If you don't yet own and are looking at PIC as an avenue to VIP, then you need to find yourself a 3 or 4 BR NON wyndham, non RCI points property. These 3 BR or larger units convert to 254K points per interval. You are allowed to own a max of 2 PIC weeks, so up to 508K toward reaching a 1.4M VIPF or 1.1M VIPP. You still have a huge retail purchase to get there, unless you are already in a ownship position or have weeks that are not yet in the points system.

You pay a program fee for these points. You can opt to deposit them annually to actually get wyndham points, but you are not required to do this.

The ROI on such a purchase is not short, but very long. You might be far better off just getting a resale contract as people are giving them away. Sure you won't get any VIP perks, but you won't take decades to finally breakeven on the purchase.

Last edited:

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
I would appreciate it if someone can explain, in detail, how the Whyndham PIC Program (2023) works. The member's directory is spare on details.

tyrion

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just learned that I must pay the maintenance fee, at the Mayan Palace which I own, each time if I want have the 175,000 points deposited in my Club Whyndam account. Is this correct?
I do use the Mayan Palace points to stay in VIP.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I just learned that I must pay the maintenance fee, at the Mayan Palace which I own, each time if I want have the 175,000 points deposited in my Club Whyndam account. Is this correct?

PIC does not make your MF obligation on the underlying weeks go away. You have to pay it always.

Your only decision is to either use those PIC weeks outside of Wyndham or convert them into Wyndham and use them inside Wyndham instead.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Most timeshare owners pay MF's annually regardless. You sound like you have a Vidanta provision where you only pay if you want to use it, which I assume would extend to wanting to deposit something into RCI. To get the points to use in Wyndham for your PIC week, you have to deposit it into RCI and if your resort requires a fee or MF payment in order to make the deposit then that is a requirement of your resort, not the PIC program. I would imagine if you just want the points to count toward status but not actually to use within Wyndham you would pay the program fee on the points but would not have to pay the MF's on any weeks you aren't using.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
It's standard practice that you have to prepay the next year's maintenance fees if you want to deposit the week and get the Wyndham points for it. That must be done at least 9 months prior to the start date of your week.

When you have a PIC week you pay a program fee on the points you'd get whether or not you deposit the week. The program fee is currently $0.70 per thousand points.

When you've contacted the resort to deposit your week in RCI it usually takes a few days for it to show in RCI. Then you call Wyndham, no special department just call and speak to a rep. The rep will confirm with RCI that your week has been deposited and you'll pay the $89 fee per week at that time. The points should show up in your Wyndham account within a day or two.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
For PIC Plus you MUST have the weeks in your name before you make your Wyndham purchase to enroll them. Not just under contract; they have to be transferred to your name and showing in your RCI account. Wyndham will call to verify this and if the weeks aren't showing in your RCI account, you lose. This isn't something that can be done later or changed.

If you talk to someone in telesales they can tell you if something you're considering qualifies for a PIC Plus week.

To be eligible for PIC Plus the week must exchange in RCI and it must be a fixed week not a points week. Points weeks can be unenrolled from points and reverted back to fixed weeks. I have no idea how long that takes but I'm guessing it might not be a lengthy or complicated process

Don't waste your time and money on PIC Express!

Last edited:

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)

While it's technically correct that Wyndham requires the MFs to be paid - it's not actually the PIC Plus contract that requires this to be specific, it's the deposit of the week into the RCI system that requires the MFs to be paid - you cannot transfer a weeks based RCI unit into the RCI trading system without the MFs being paid in advance of the deposit - even for future years - the MF estimates have to be paid in advance. The RCI weeks deposit is a pre-requisite to converting the PIC Plus week into Wyndham points. I would also validate whether your Mayan Palace PIC contract is a PIC Plus or a PIC Express contract. A PIC Plus contract is eligible for points conversion and also applies toward VIP eligibility and when combined with a developer purchase is typically a permanent contract with no termination date unless the underlying RCI unit is disqualified from the PIC program for some reason. A PIC Express contract is not a permanent contract, typically expires after a five year term, and only provides credit toward VIP eligibility - no Wyndham points conversion is applicable for PIC Express contracts.