• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Phuket

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Never thought I'd want to trade to Phuket but my daughter's friend would like to honeymoon in Thailand.

I can see the timeframe she wants when I use a 2 bedroom.

Is is possible to use DC points for a stay that's less than 7 nights.

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score
Never thought I'd want to trade to Phuket but my daughter's friend would like to honeymoon in Thailand.

I can see the timeframe she wants when I use a 2 bedroom.

Is is possible to use DC points for a stay that's less than 7 nights.

Currently I think the answer is no. Phuket Beach Club is not part of the DC. It is part of the Asia Pacific Club points system. It is possible that this situation will change by next year as the two points systems are aligned and become interchangeable.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
As Malcolm says, you can't currently stay with DC Points at Phuket Beach Club.
You can though stay at the almost adjacent Mai Khao Beach resort for any number of nights using the DC Explorer Collection (sign in required)
https://owners.marriottvacationclub.com/timeshare/mvco/hotelandluxuryresidence?code=MarriottHotels#
This resort is not directly on the beach though and I suspect Malcolm might agree it wouldn't really match Phuket Beach Club for a honeymoon experience.

I have tried to cut & paste the details below, but the formatting is lousy I am afraid.

Phuket, Thailand : Marriott’s Mai Khao Beach
Set in a tropical paradise, where the glistening sands of Mai Khao Beach meet blue seas, our lavish 5-star resort in Thailand introduces you to a realm of indescribable beauty, flawless service and thoughtful touches. Here, you can daydream by spectacular pools, or venture beyond this Phuket, Thailand resort for an exhilarating day of elephant trekking, diving off the Similan Islands or exploring the wild on a safari.

This package includes:

Two-bedroom Villa
Rates:

Seasons Dates Cost per Night (Vacation Club Points)
Monday - Thursday Friday - Saturday Sunday
Gold May 20, 2016-June 26, 2016
September 2, 2016-October 9, 2016 725 1,300 1,050
Platinum February 12, 2016 - May 15, 2016
July 1, 2016 - August 28, 2016
October 14, 2016 - December 11, 2016 1,175 2,000 1,600
Platinum Plus February 5, 2016 - February 7, 2016
December 18, 2016 - December 31, 2016

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I would think it would be a long way to fly for a stay less than 7 nights. At least from the USA.

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think it would be a long way to go for just 7 nights too.

It's my understanding Phuket would be just one of their stops on a longer stay.

Does the Asia Pacific Club work like the Destinations Club where members can reserve single nights with points?

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think it would be a long way to go for just 7 nights too.

It's my understanding Phuket would be just one of their stops on a longer stay.

Does the Asia Pacific Club work like the Destinations Club where members can reserve single nights with points?
I am fairly sure the answer is yes, as many Asian owners prefer to / have to take trips of less than a week.
https://www.marriottasiaholidays.com/discover-flexibility.shtml
"Holiday Time Flexibility
Today's hectic pace makes it difficult to get away on holiday and spend time with the family. Whether you need a week or just a few days to rest and rejuvenate, the choice is yours. Our Members are able to maximize the flexible holiday options to find those 'just right' holidays"
It is the middle of the night in Phuket now though, so we will have to wait for tomorrow morning for Malcolm to give a definitive answer as an AP Points owner.

classiclincoln

TUG Member
Reaction score
"I would think it would be a long way to fly for a stay less than 7 nights. At least from the USA."

I agree, that's why after we got our exchange for July, we ended up making it 2 weeks.

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would think it would be a long way to fly for a stay less than 7 nights. At least from the USA.

A very long way, especially if you live on the East Coast. That would be a 12 hour time difference.

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am fairly sure the answer is yes, as many Asian owners prefer to / have to take trips of less than a week.
https://www.marriottasiaholidays.com/discover-flexibility.shtml
"Holiday Time Flexibility
Today's hectic pace makes it difficult to get away on holiday and spend time with the family. Whether you need a week or just a few days to rest and rejuvenate, the choice is yours. Our Members are able to maximize the flexible holiday options to find those 'just right' holidays"
It is the middle of the night in Phuket now though, so we will have to wait for tomorrow morning for Malcolm to give a definitive answer as an AP Points owner.

Better for a honeymoon would be the nearby Renaissance. Especially one of the one bedroom pool villas - very private with a plunge pool in the small garden which is totally secluded. Good for the required privacy. A local non-Marriott would be the Sala which attracts a more mature clientele.

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes we are fortunate to be at Phuket Beach Club right now. It is morning and the sun is up and the birds are calling in the jungle that is the garden of the JW and PBC. For a honeymoon then Mai Khao beach club is probably sub-optimal. Far too many families from Asia ith hordes of children. Not what you want on a honeymoon. Most of us owners prefer PBC as it is co-located with the JW with full access to all the pools and right on the beach. MKBC guests do not enjoy access to the pools at the JW - MKBC has its own pool and other facilities such as a fitness centre. Also well separated from the beach by the Anatara hotel. As I said in another post honeymooners might be better served at the Renaissance in a private pool villa. Usually available on MR points especially out of peak season. MR Plats and Golds can usually expect an upgrade to a suite or a villa except at this time of year which is Chinese New Year.

In the future it is planned for the AP and DC points systems to be interchangeable. AP points and points values for stays have already been aligned with DC points values so that 1 AP Point is equivalent to 1 DC Point.

Currently the database of points members of the two systems is being merged. Later this year it is promised that members in the two systems will be able to use points seamlessly across the whole inventory of resorts.

AP points owners will still retain their specific AP system privileges as will DC points members. Note that enrolled weeks owners in the AP points system DO NOT get those benefits - only owners who purchased AP points will earn them.

As yet we do not know how this will finally impact owners who are in both systems with enrolled weeks in the DC system and enrolled weeks in the AP system with purchased AP points. That will become clearer later in 2016 - so we were promised at our recent sales presentation at PBC.

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
The couple is thinking of traveling around Thanksgiving. Is that a good time for Phuket?

Shows how much I know. . .I thought there was only 1 Marriott timeshare in Thailand.

Last edited:

kfreeman

TUG Member
Reaction score
The couple is thinking of traveling around Thanksgiving. Is that a good time for Phuket?

Shows how much I know. . .I thought there was only 1 Marriott timeshare in Thailand.

We usually go at that time of year, and have rarely experienced heavy rains. Temps are fairly constant year round.

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
How far is Mao Khai Beach from the resort? Many thanks.

Mao Khai beach (the actual beach) is at Phuket Beach Club. Mao Khai Beach Club (The other MVCI timeshare) is up the road about 15 seconds and not actually on the beach.

kfreeman

TUG Member
Reaction score
How far is Mao Khai Beach from the resort? Many thanks.

Which Mai Khao Beach - the actual beach or the villas?

The JW and PBC share the same property and the casual observer would not notice any difference between the two while walking around. The property extends to the beach (Mai Khao Beach). The closest villas are about 75-100m from the water.

The other MVCI property (Marriott's Mai Khao Beach) is about 200m to the North, and is separated from the beach (and from PBC) by another resort. My memory is that those villas are about 200m from the beach.

The PBC property has lush jungle landscaping, and I recall that the entire MKB property is concrete.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Which Mai Khao Beach - the actual beach or the villas?

The JW and PBC share the same property and the casual observer would not notice any difference between the two while walking around. The property extends to the beach (Mai Khao Beach). The closest villas are about 75-100m from the water.

The other MVCI property (Marriott's Mai Khao Beach) is about 200m to the North, and is separated from the beach (and from PBC) by another resort. My memory is that those villas are about 200m from the beach.

The PBC property has lush jungle landscaping, and I recall that the entire MKB property is concrete.
MKB gardens are now quite well landscaped, by comparison with many MVC resorts.
PBC does though have very special, lush tropical gardens.

magicjourney

Reaction score
Does anyone know anyway to enroll PBC resale weeks?

I have three resale PBC weeks, but stop using them now. I am wondering if there is a way to enroll them into the Asia Pacific Point system? for example, buy some trust points directly to enroll resale weeks like MVC offered. If yes, how many points do I need to purchase? Thanks for your inputs.

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have three resale PBC weeks, but stop using them now. I am wondering if there is a way to enroll them into the Asia Pacific Point system? for example, buy some trust points directly to enroll resale weeks like MVC offered. If yes, how many points do I need to purchase? Thanks for your inputs.

Currently at PBC, from my sales presentation, Imwas offered 1000 AP point purchase at 12.50 USD per point and my weeks to be enrolled. So it would seem that the price to enroll is the purchase of 1000 AP points at 12.50 USD per point.

magicjourney

Reaction score
Currently at PBC, from my sales presentation, Imwas offered 1000 AP point purchase at 12.50 USD per point and my weeks to be enrolled. So it would seem that the price to enroll is the purchase of 1000 AP points at 12.50 USD per point.

That's not bad. May I ask 1000 pts purchase is for enrolling each week? or all your weeks? Can I purchase pts and enroll weeks over the phone/via email? I think I won't be there this year or next. Thanks a lot!

Correcaminos

TUG Member
Reaction score
Phuket resales?

Hi, Malcolm --

Thanks for the update on the points program. (Finally!?!)

Was there any update on resales programs for weeks owners? We love Phuket and will keep coming, but neither of us really expects to live out the life of our weeks there...

Coming back in Feb/March 2017 --

J&A

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's not bad. May I ask 1000 pts purchase is for enrolling each week? or all your weeks? Can I purchase pts and enroll weeks over the phone/via email? I think I won't be there this year or next. Thanks a lot!

That is for all your weeks and apparently would include any resale weeks. The onsite deal will cost $12000 but 0% interest over 3 years is also on offer + 90,000 MR points. You could try calling sales here in PBC and see if they would make you the same offer.

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, Malcolm --

Thanks for the update on the points program. (Finally!?!)

Was there any update on resales programs for weeks owners? We love Phuket and will keep coming, but neither of us really expects to live out the life of our weeks there...

Coming back in Feb/March 2017 --

J&A

No Rosales programme as far as I can see. To sell weeks you would need to look at the outside market and find a good resale broker in Europe since Europeans seem to like this place s a weeks destination.