• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

PFD values

SOS8260456

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know that the amount of points you receive is based on a grid. I also know that the amount of points you receive can also be discounted based on when you do the deposit. However, do they discount the amount of points you receive for any other reason? For example, we all know that all red weeks are not truly equal. Will they give me less points for a "pink" red week than for a "red red" red week?

Thanks!

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
As long as RCI considers your week red, you should get a set number of points. I have been depositing weeks on the outskirts of red for years, and I always get those red values.

It used to be that Colorado weeks 21-23, and 36-39 weeks were white (yellow in II), then the chart changed and said they are red. They are not really red, but I can deposit a week 21 or a week 39 and always get 53,500 points for a 3 bedroom Colorado generic resort (not rated Silver or Gold) week.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
The grid goes by months and even within some months there is a range. There is no skim with RCI PFD so you can look at what it takes to get a week to see what you should get. Last I checked RCI does not make the grid available on RCI.com anymore. I think they removed it in 2010. As far as I know they still go by the one in the sticky labeled 2009 conversion grid
I asked customer relations to send me a link to the current grid last year and they said they don't make it available and you would need to contact a VC for the points given at time of deposit for PFD.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Don't go by that grid. It's not the one RCI uses. Just warnin' ya.

SOS8260456

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd be very happy if they didn't go by that grid and just went straight red is red, so I hope that your advice is correct.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think there's a difference in PFD points for "pink" weeks and peak red. I recently deposited some "red" Christmas Mountain Village weeks that were actually "pink." I got the full number of points for "red" weeks even those these weren't "bright red" weeks.

SOS8260456

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Judy! Perfect answer, since I was asking because we just purchased a Christmas Mountain Village UDI.

Lisa

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Judy! Perfect answer, since I was asking because we just purchased a Christmas Mountain Village UDI.

Lisa
Glad I could help! There's a Yahoo Group for Christmas Mountain Village UDI owners, and that's a good place to ask for advice on things such as which weeks to use for PFD. If you send me an email (not a PM, please, my PM box is always full) I can see about getting you the URL for the Yahoo Group.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Lisa
The perfect timeshare for trading purposes. Why oh why have I not "invested" in one of those. Now we have way too many timeshares and may re-evaulate a purchase of a UDI sometime soon. First, I have to sell and give away some more timeshares to make room. What really keeps me from jumping in is all of the phone calls.

MichaelColey

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palace View Branson (4 Lockouts), Grandview (Points), CMV (UDI), DVC (SSR 25)
It's really not that much work once you get a system in place. Every time I book a week, I put a reminder in my calendar to book the next week (on the check-in day of the reservation I just made).

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Polynesian,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
RCI pts at V V Parkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
The perfect timeshare for trading purposes. Why oh why have I not "invested" in one of those. Now we have way too many timeshares and may re-evaulate a purchase of a UDI sometime soon. First, I have to sell and give away some more timeshares to make room. What really keeps me from jumping in is all of the phone calls.

Well you don't have to invest much to get into them these days. The HOA is giving them away for free. They had 25 but are down to around 9. I think they're waiving the MF payment for this year and just charging closing costs around $300. Of course there is that assessment looming in the distance which is scaring people off but if you ever wanted one of these, now might be a good time to take one on.