• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pfaltzgraff Stores Closing

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just heard that all Pfaltzgraff stores are closing. They will only retain an online and catalog store. Current discounts range from 20 to 40%.

jemmielou

TUG Member
Reaction score
closing of stores

does this mean that our dinnerware will worth much more? That's interesting.:wave:

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Whoa! Who's Next ?

First Pfaltzgraff, next Price-Pfister ?

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry about this

Sorry to see these stores closing. I think they were bought out a few years ago and haven't been the same since. The pattern I have, and use, hasn't been in the stores for several years except for special pieces. If I needed to add or replace, it had to be a yearly special order. Last winter, I found a set at a local thrift store with much more pieces than I will ever need.

Nancy

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]

Aussiedog

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't forget Replacements LTD!

They have the world's largest selection of old and new dinnerware. When I needed a few serving pieces for a discontinued pattern I called them and they started an ongoing search for me - sent me a postcard every few months to let me know what their inventory for that pattern looked like. They are great to work with.

http://www.replacements.com/

Ann

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
They have the world's largest selection of old and new dinnerware. When I needed a few serving pieces for a discontinued pattern I called them and they started an ongoing search for me - sent me a postcard every few months to let me know what their inventory for that pattern looked like. They are great to work with.

Ann

Ebay is another great place for replacements.

ciscogizmo1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers

Ann

Do you really find deals?? I bought my Christmas China at Macy's and I only ended up buying 9 place settings. I've always wanted to add 3 more but at replacements it is around $100 to $200 per piece. When I originally bought the setting at 5 pieces a set it was around $50 to $75 each. I can't fathom paying that much. I've always wanted to sell on ebay but the packaging would be a PAIN..

Floridaski

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt
Not many deals - but good if you need it

Replacements.com does not have very many deals. But, let's face it - if you break one of your grandmothers 100 year old China plates - do you really care how much it costs to replace? I might not even use some of the stuff I have if I did not know that somebody was willing to find me a replacement. My China set was discontinued a long time ago, it is still reasonably priced at replacements.com - it is $100.00 per place setting - but they also sell individual pieces. I prefer replacements.com over e-bay for silver, china or crystal - the prices on discontinued early 1900's silver seems to be high regardless of where you purchase. I know that at replacements.com it is exactly what it is suppose to be. Hope this helps anybody searching for grandma's broken plate or disposal warped silver.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Gone !

I just heard that all Pfaltzgraff stores are closing.
Pffffffft !

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​