• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pets at Wyndham

therese

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am helping a friend (who bought full price at Wyndham despite my pleading with them), who is hearing impaired. Once again, she was suckered into not only buying but now adding to their ownership, well that's beside the point. She said they told her that her pets are welcome at their resorts. I want to make sure this is a true statement for her. Anyone know for sure? Thanks in advance

Ty1on

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am helping a friend (who bought full price at Wyndham despite my pleading with them), who is hearing impaired. Once again, she was suckered into not only buying but now adding to their ownership, well that's beside the point. She said they told her that her pets are welcome at their resorts. I want to make sure this is a true statement for her. Anyone know for sure? Thanks in advance

As a rule, no. If she is hearing impaired, can she get her dog trained as a service dog? ;)

I was corrected a few months ago about service dogs......you don't need to provide a certificate, and the dog doesn't have to wear a service jacket, and you don't have to demonstrate the dog performing service dog duties. double ;)

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
As a rule, no. If she is hearing impaired, can she get her dog trained as a service dog? ;)

I was corrected a few months ago about service dogs......you don't need to provide a certificate, and the dog doesn't have to wear a service jacket, and you don't have to demonstrate the dog performing service dog duties. double ;)

No pets, but service dogs are ok They can ask two questions,

this is from the U.S. Department of Justice
Civil Rights Division
Disability Rights Section, website

http://www.ada.gov/service_animals_2010.htm

"When it is not obvious what service an animal provides, only limited inquiries are allowed. Staff may ask two questions: (1) is the dog a service animal required because of a disability, and (2) what work or task has the dog been trained to perform. Staff cannot ask about the person’s disability, require medical documentation, require a special identification card or training documentation for the dog, or ask that the dog demonstrate its ability to perform the work or task"

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please remember that the people working at the resorts may not be trained or know what the rules are. No excuse but it is quite common.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
I don't want to rant... and I don't want to preach. So.

'Pretending' your faithful companion is a service dog (a real service dog vs a service to you) is not only 'against the rules' but quite dishonest as well. I love my dogs and would love to take them with me. You would NOT love my dogs and don't want their dander hair, noise and poop all over your nice timeshare. THere are certainly pet-friendly timeshares.... but Wyndham (on average) is not one of them.

Please advise your friend; rescind if possible...

Rob from W10

Ozlander

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, as soon as you let one dog in, every Grand Dame, in their own mind, will want to have their yippy little mutt also.
Who wants a bunch of yippy dogs around, at the pool, at activities?

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Staff cannot ...require a special identification card or training documentation for the dog
Because those credentials can be purchased online for +/- $100 without even owning a dog!

"When it is not obvious what service an animal provides, only limited inquiries are allowed. Staff may ask two questions:

(1) is the dog a service animal required because of a disability
Answer, 100% of the time: "YES!"
and (2) what work or task has the dog been trained to perform.
Answer 80% of the time: "Uh...ummm...OH NEVER MIND!" (like you did something wrong :rofl:)

Service dog scams are rampant, and are a classic example of our self-absorbed culture.

Never mind that many people really do NEED service dogs, and that REAL service dogs provide priceless (often life-saving) assistance to their owners. That's not important.

What IS important is this:

"I WANT WHAT I WANT, AND I WILL PITCH A HISSY-FIT IF YOU DON'T LET ME HAVE WHAT I WANT!" :eek:

mbassom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please remember that the people working at the resorts may not be trained or know what the rules are. No excuse but it is quite common.

I travel with a service dog. He and I went through extensive training and I do require him 100% of the time.

That being said because of many staff NOT knowing the laws/being trained I always contact them ahead of time and let them know I will be bringing a service dog and ask if they have any questions about it. That way they can prepare the staff ahead of time.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
I travel with a service dog. He and I went through extensive training and I do require him 100% of the time.

That being said because of many staff NOT knowing the laws/being trained I always contact them ahead of time and let them know I will be bringing a service dog and ask if they have any questions about it. That way they can prepare the staff ahead of time.

And I support service dogs 100% of the time.
Good for you. It's always nice to educate people on the need, benefits and treatment of REAL service animals--which are invaluable to their owners. I sincerely hope that the current wave of 'therapy-comfort-emotional support-etc....' frauds doesn't diminish or tarnish the value and reputation of the service animal programs.

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
I sincerely hope that the current wave of 'therapy-comfort-emotional support-etc....' frauds doesn't diminish or tarnish the value and reputation of the service animal programs.
I don't think they'll tarnish the legitimate service dog programs, but they do turn many situations which should be no-brainers into detailed discussions of specifically what services the dog provides, etc. Fortunately, the vast majority of legitimate service dog owners understand and are very cooperative.

We recently had a visitor with a "comfort pig." This is in a park area where pets are permitted on a leash only in the parking lot because there are a lot of alligators around, but the lady insisted the pig was a service animal and demanded to walk it within a few feet of adult alligators in the wild. It finally took a law enforcement promise of "If you do, I will put you in jail" for the lady to back down.

Oh well, at least the pig was cute.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Back to your question....
They do not allow pets. There is one that I know of in Palm Springs that is pet friendly, but I don't know if you can bring a pet when staying on points.

There were salespeople in the past who used to tell people to get a bogus service dog vest to bring their dog to the resorts.

If she can get a service dog for hearing loss, then a service dog can go anywhere. That's a federal law and has nothing to do with Wyndham does.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I train service dogs as a VA contractor. On my website you can download the Dept of Justice ADA requirements: www.ServiceDogs4ptsd.com. These requirements apply to all service dogs.

NOTE: Therapy dogs are not considered service dogs therefor are not protected under ADA.