• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Perfect Timing

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
This is my last year for being able to fund an HSA. Last week I funded it $2000, today I wanted to see if the money was showing so I could instantly reimburse myself $2000, and then turn right around and fund the next $2000. I happened to be downstairs at my desk today 2-3 hours earlier than normal because I had an eBay buyer wondering why her package showed stuck in LA for two weeks. Took care of eBay and a few other things, then went to log into my HSA bank account. Couldn't find my encrypted password cheat sheet. Looked everywhere on my desk twice, then called Cliff to help me haul the luckily still full trash cans in from the curb because today is trash day. Nothing in the recycle can, but opened up the "black can" and there amongst the egg shells and cat sh*t sacks is my password list. Talk about perfect timing! List was in the trash and I just happened to need the HSA password before the trash trucks came. I blame JB Orange Cat for pushing it into the trash can under my desk from his favorite perch.
zzz_9986.JPG

ETA, and apparently we had a small earthquake and missed it completely while we were dumping the trash cans.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
He looks very proud of himself. :)

Dave

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Time to ditch the paper and use a secured password vault application! Can you imagine the harm that could have been done if your paper got into the wrong hands???

Kurt

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
JB appears to interested in going up screen....

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The cat was just encrypting it a little more for you.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Time to ditch the paper and use a secured password vault application! Can you imagine the harm that could have been done if your paper got into the wrong hands???

Kurt
If one wants, they could even just use Google Chrome to generate random passwords and save them. Doesn't work across all browsers and machines, but still pretty good if you are using Chrome on all devices.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
You all know me somewhat, do you think I can handle anything more than a scrap of paper with my passwords? I'd like to think Cliff could figure out my encrypted password notes, assuming he can remember that the cheat sheet is next to the telephone, but he is not one to mull things over so I have my doubts. No one else could figure my notes out without knowing us and having time to sit and ponder. Every timeshare trip involves Cliff either leaving his password plug in thingie at home, or trying to remember where in the luggage he stowed it. Somehow it always comes down to where did I put it -- I have no use for your passwords dear, I didn't touch it. Did you check your jeans pocket? I just fold my notes up into my wallet if we will be gone long enough to require accessing things while on vacation.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
No one else could figure my notes out without knowing us and having time to sit and ponder.
I think you would be shocked at how easy it would be given the right, motivated person. Any simple encryption method someone comes up with absolutely pales in comparison to even a weak computer-aided encryption. You are probably fine, but in your example, if your garbage man happened to see that paper and gave it to a techy friend, you could have had some major issues. And I'm sure you would be able to use a password vault application as they are quite user friendly. Just food for thought.

Kurt