• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Password issue ??

uop1497

Reaction score
I feel that the more I use my account on line the more irritate I feel .

At works, I must change my password every couple months and each account at work has a different passwords .

At home, I have use many different password for many different account too.

Up until now, I have tried to cope with it . However, after I can not log in my Marriott account. After a few try, my account is locked and I must wait for 30 minutes for the system unlock my account and I will try to reset my password to log in again.

Now I HAVE ENOUGH OF ON LINE ACCOUNT and I REALLY HATE IT . I wish, we can go back to the old day without ON LINE ACCOUNT :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I feel that the more I use my account on line the more irritate I feel .

At works, I must change my password every couple months and each account at work has a different passwords .

At home, I have use many different password for many different account too.

Up until now, I have tried to cope with it . However, after I can not log in my Marriott account. After a few try, my account is locked and I must wait for 30 minutes for the system unlock my account and I will try to reset my password to log in again.

Now I HAVE ENOUGH OF ON LINE ACCOUNT and I REALLY HATE IT . I wish, we can go back to the old day without ON LINE ACCOUNT :mad::mad::mad::mad:

There are passworld vault apps you can use to stay on top of all your passwords. I personally wouldn't trust my passwords to such a program, but others here that actually use them might have some input.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I saw this story awahile back (well it was a bit different, but close enough you get the idea...its so true these days.

WINDOWS: Please enter your new password.

USER: cabbage

WINDOWS: Sorry, the password must be more than 8 characters.

USER: boiled cabbage

WINDOWS: Sorry, the password must contain 1 numerical character.

USER: 1 boiled cabbage

WINDOWS: Sorry, the password cannot have blank spaces.

USER: 50bloodyboiledcabbages

WINDOWS: Sorry, the password must contain at least one upper case character.

USER: 50BLOODYboiledcabbages

WINDOWS: Sorry, the password cannot use more than one upper case character consecutively.

USER: 50BloodyBoiledCabbagesShovedUpYour#$%IfYouDon’tGiveMeAccessNow!

WINDOWS: Sorry, the password cannot contain punctuation.

USER: ReallyPissedOff50BloodyBoiledCabbagesShovedUpYour%^&IfYouDontGiveMeAccessNow

WINDOWS: Sorry, that password is already in use.

forgive the language =)

tompalm

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are passworld vault apps you can use to stay on top of all your passwords. I personally wouldn't trust my passwords to such a program, but others here that actually use them might have some input.

I use Dashlane. It has very good reviews. But I don't put my passwords in for my brokerage firms like Schwab or Fidelity. The last time I looked, I have 102 passwords that it saves.

uop1497

Reaction score
Thank you ALL for your reply.

@Brian,

After reading your post, I have a good laugh and feel much better. However, I still Hate Password :)

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I store all my passwords on an Excel spreadsheet that is itself - password protector.
The spreadsheet contains ~100 different accounts and their ID #'s over two pages.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am now over 80 years old and believe (maybe unrealistically) that forcing myself to memorize PassWords is exercise for my brain and may help thwart dementia. I have in excess of 15 different PassWords I use. If I draw a blank when trying to log into a site, I go onto something else and return later. None are written down anywhere. So far, so good.

George

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I use Keepass. It stores everything safely in a program on my computer. The downside is that I cannot access it from other devices unless I bring a thumbdrive with me. I still prefer it to anything else I've done.

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I use mSecure, but there are a lot of good password keepers out there.

Usually you are given the option of keeping the passwords on a cloud or just locally. (I prefer the latter as safer.) Add an app and you can sync with your cell phone or tablet. With the app you can set a given number of tries to enter the keeper. I have mine set at five. If I lose the cell or tablet, someone has five tries to guess my password or the file locks permanently.

There are advantages to a password keeper beyond just keeping your passwords. One click takes you to a website. You can right click on your password (hidden unless you choose otherwise) and then paste it into the log in space. That way you can make up (or allow the keeper to make up) passwords that are complete nonsense (more secure, but hard to type in otherwise).

You can keep other information in a secure location. Credit card numbers so they can be pasted into a web site rather than letting the web site store them and hope that they are not hacked. Account numbers. Vehicle registration and insurance info. Store hours. Passport numbers. Whatever.

All in all, one of the best purchases that I have made.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
LastPass is the best. IMHO. check it out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk