• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

partial week

pointsjunkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
i have an exchange at lagunamar for a week but we only can use it for 4 days, who do i tell when we will be arriving,starwood or II?

James1975NY

TUG Member
Reaction score
i have an exchange at lagunamar for a week but we only can use it for 4 days, who do i tell when we will be arriving,starwood or II?

Another angle is to contact owner services, see if they have the availability for the 4 days that you are in fact using (before you cancel) and then re-book the length of stay that you need. Of course, there will be a cancellation fee but if it is worth it to you, I would say it is worth the try.

If they do not have it available before you cancel, they cannot guarantee that it will be there even if you cancel because there may be a waitlist open that will consume the dates that you just cancelled!

James1975NY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another angle is to contact owner services, see if they have the availability for the 4 days that you are in fact using (before you cancel) and then re-book the length of stay that you need. Of course, there will be a cancellation fee but if it is worth it to you, I would say it is worth the try.

If they do not have it available before you cancel, they cannot guarantee that it will be there even if you cancel because there may be a waitlist open that will consume the dates that you just cancelled!

The reason why I suggest this is because the front desk is not going to credit you any StarOptions by telling them that you are not going to be there the entire stay.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
It is an II exchange, so Staroptions won't be involved. If you don't use all of your II exchange, you just lose the unused days.

James1975NY

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is an II exchange, so Staroptions won't be involved. If you don't use all of your II exchange, you just lose the unused days.

WOW! Overlooked that part. Having said that, I would not tell them until you actually want to check-out. This way, depending on when your flights are, you can stay in the villa until the absolute last minute.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
does anyone know if i call the elite line will i be abel to ask for a room with a good view?

I would definitely ask, especially since your are 5 Star. I would also send a request on mystarcentral.com.

Last edited:

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
So let's say you have an II exchange for Sunday check in but you don't check in till the following Friday. If we don't notify the front desk ahead of time they will not give away the unit, right? Or do we risk not having ANY unit since we didn't show up for check in Sunday?

This will come up with a recent II exchange for us where we can't get there till the long weekend. Thanks!

Katherine

James1975NY

TUG Member
Reaction score
So let's say you have an II exchange for Sunday check in but you don't check in till the following Friday. If we don't notify the front desk ahead of time they will not give away the unit, right? Or do we risk not having ANY unit since we didn't show up for check in Sunday?

This will come up with a recent II exchange for us where we can't get there till the long weekend. Thanks!

Katherine

I would definitely notify the front desk directly (or owner services) that you will not be arriving on time. In the case where you will be leaving early, I would not notify anyone.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
We arrived the day after check-in via an II exchange once, and I called the resort directly to inform them. There was no problem.

Kimberly614

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would definitely ask, especially since your are 5 Star. I would also send a request on mystarcentral.com.

So, if you are an owner with Stawood and you are staying at another Starwood timeshare resort via an II exchange, you can send a request via mystarcentral.com? Or, is that a 5 star perk?

Example: I own at PGA and will be staying at Harborside. I can request a corner unit via mystarcentral.com?

Thanks!!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Example: I own at PGA and will be staying at Harborside. I can request a corner unit via mystarcentral.com?

Thanks!!
It's not any kind of official perk, but you never know unless you ask, and what do you have to lose?

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't you have to ask for special requests directly with the hotel/TS rather than mystarcentral???

Katherine

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Don't you have to ask for special requests directly with the hotel/TS rather than mystarcentral???

Katherine

I would do both, to cover all the bases.