• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Parking at Aulani

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
We got a Rci trade to Aulani 2 bedroom for July. I know Aulani room books with dvc points has free parking. What about Rci trade? I have invited friends to come with us but each of us will have our own car. I want to make sure we have free parking with RCI trade as we don't want to pay $35 parking fee per day per car. I call DVC. At first I was told yes, then they told me to call concierge and check. Can any tugger who has a trade to Aulani previously tell me whether free parking is included? Thanks

mj2vacation

Reaction score
Looks like you will have to pay for parking:

PARKING

Self parking and valet services are available at Aulani. Below, find details about parking rates and policies:

Parking for Overnight Guests
There's so much to do at and around Aulani that you may not need a car! For overnight Guests who wish to park, self parking is $37* per day‘or for the same price, enjoy convenient valet parking service. Rates are subject to change.

Parking for Disney Vacation Club Members
Disney Vacation Club Members staying on a points reservation can enjoy convenient self-parking at no daily charge for up to 2 vehicles.

Parking Validation for Day Guests
The following parking fees apply for day Guests visiting Aulani:
Valet parking for day Guests is $37* per day
Self-parking for day Guests is $12 per hour—or a maximum of $37* per day

Enjoy complimentary self-parking or valet parking at Aulani for up to 4 hours when you spend $35* or more at the following venues:
‘AMA‘AMA – Contemporary Island Cooking
Makahiki – The Bounty of the Islands
The ‘Ōlelo Room, valid for purchases made between 5:00 PM and 11:00 PM
Off the Hook, valid for purchases made between 5:00 PM and 9:00 PM
Laniwai - A Disney Spa, when you spend $35 or more
Merchandise locations, Kalepa's or Hale Manu, when you spend $50 or more

To have your parking validated, please bring your parking ticket and purchase receipt to 'AMA'AMA, Makahiki or Laniwai – A Disney Spa.

Show Less

Gracey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Longboat Bay Club, Disney s Old Key West, Wyndham
I have never traded there but have stayed on points. I don't believe you would have to pay since you are staying there on someone else's points. But I am sure someone who has traded there will chime in shortly.

slum808

TUG Member
Reaction score
I stayed there last March on an RCI exchange. We had two cars and there was no charge.

vacationdoc

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Be sure to show your beautiful new DVC member card when you check in. If your guests are on your reservation, there should not be a problem.

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
Be sure to show your beautiful new DVC member card when you check in. If your guests are on your reservation, there should not be a problem.

So I show them my dvc card even though this is a RCI trade? My guest is also dvc member too

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
For rci exchanges or dvc points reservations you are allowed self parking for 2 vehicles gratis. For exchanges that is a reason why you are paying the $95 fee to disney.

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
For rci exchanges or dvc points reservations you are allowed self parking for 2 vehicles gratis. For exchanges that is a reason why you are paying the $95 fee to disney.

I know I have to pay disney $95 in wdw rci exchange. I have to pay $95 too in Aulani? I was told only of Hawaii accommodation tax of about $23 per day for 7 days when I called Disney. All the fees are adding up but still so much cheaper booking direct or using my dvc points.

On a side note, my friends will be in Honolulu for a few days before I fly to Honolulu on Sunday from Kauai. Will they be able to check in Aulani on Sunday and get the pool wrist bands a few hours before I arrive as long as I add their names to the reservation? If not, they will hang around in Waikiki till I get to Honolulu in the afternoon.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Yes disney will charge you $95 at check in just like at wdw.
I think if you add names on a rci reservation you will have to get a guest certificate. I have only added names to a dvc point reservation and have never tried to do it for an rci exchange.

Southerngirl528

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club: Old Key West & Vero Beach Marriott Maui Ocean Club Napili Tower
I know I have to pay disney $95 in wdw rci exchange. I have to pay $95 too in Aulani? I was told only of Hawaii accommodation tax of about $23 per day for 7 days when I called Disney. All the fees are adding up but still so much cheaper booking direct or using my dvc points.

On a side note, my friends will be in Honolulu for a few days before I fly to Honolulu on Sunday from Kauai. Will they be able to check in Aulani on Sunday and get the pool wrist bands a few hours before I arrive as long as I add their names to the reservation? If not, they will hang around in Waikiki till I get to Honolulu in the afternoon.

Hawaii's Transient tax has zero to do with Disney, Aulani or any other resort in Hawaii. It is a HAWAII tax and the cost is based on the size of the unit. We have paid this tax no matter what resort or TS we have stayed in while in Hawaii.

And yes, if you add your friends' names to the rez, which you really need to do anyway, they can show their photo ID and check in before you. I've owned DVC over 20 years and have done this many times.

Aulani is gorgeous and my very favorite Disney resort. Enjoy!!

slum808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Aulani does have a $95 fee. I've paid it twice. Irritating but still cheaper than cash or dvc points.

mek17

Reaction score
Just curious, how long did you have an ongoing search running to catch this Aulani 2 bedroom unit? I've had an OGS running for several months for any DVC 2 bedroom property to no avail.

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
2 years. I think you have slim chance of getting 2 bedroom at Disneyworld

Just curious, how long did you have an ongoing search running to catch this Aulani 2 bedroom unit? I've had an OGS running for several months for any DVC 2 bedroom property to no avail.

mrsmusic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Was your search completely wide open or did you restrict to summer or a series of weeks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
Only for summer weeks, spring break and winter break as we are tied to school schedule

Was your search completely wide open or did you restrict to summer or a series of weeks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PearlCity

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow lucky I've had searched going through portal for some time with no hits in the past year!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wow lucky I've had searched going through portal for some time with no hits in the past year!

I have had searches going for 3 plus years and have not had a hit since last years bulk deposit. Club wyndham has a special arrangement for dvc deposits.

PearlCity

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have had searches going for 3 plus years and have not had a hit since last years bulk deposit. Club wyndham has a special arrangement for dvc deposits.
Op must have a worldmark direct purchase perhaps. I'm suprised that hgvc is not hitting

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think it was a wyndham benefit only that does not crossover to worldmark. Nope i have had these hgvc searches for over 3 years now maybe closer to 4 and have not hit anything.
Seems like a private agreement that wyndham owners only would get some dvc units that are not for the regular rci accounts. Ho well just keep those ogs going.