• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Park Plaza Ownership

dryden

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m considering purchasing at Park Plaza after staying here & Park Regency. Any PP owners here to discuss with?

funtime

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I own at both resorts. The MF are a lot less at Park Regency but Park Plaza units are much larger and nicer. They are both excellent values because it has become very difficult to trade into park city thru either II or RCI or Trading Places under their new ownership. Both types of ownership are deeded floating weeks. The Prime season weeks are the only ones to purchase. (ski weeks 1-17 and 45-52). Both are easy to reserve by calling one year in advance and there are no black out weeks such as presidents week or Xmas. Park Plaza does restrict sundance reservations to every other year but Park Regency does not. Both are really excellent for skiers because you can purchase bonus time for your own use. Best source of resale weeks is Redweek, although I have seen some on ebay every now and then.

dryden

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you Funtime!

superfriend620

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott OceanWatch, DVC Bay Lake Tower, Christie Lodge, Sheraton Broadway Resort
I own at both resorts. The MF are a lot less at Park Regency but Park Plaza units are much larger and nicer. They are both excellent values because it has become very difficult to trade into park city thru either II or RCI or Trading Places under their new ownership. Both types of ownership are deeded floating weeks. The Prime season weeks are the only ones to purchase. (ski weeks 1-17 and 45-52). Both are easy to reserve by calling one year in advance and there are no black out weeks such as presidents week or Xmas. Park Plaza does restrict sundance reservations to every other year but Park Regency does not. Both are really excellent for skiers because you can purchase bonus time for your own use. Best source of resale weeks is Redweek, although I have seen some on ebay every now and then.
Hi Funtime, Would you have any idea what an imperial suite is? Is it safe to guess that is a studio? And Is that terminology used in your contract? Or that you've heard about Park Plaza? Also reading the pool has been closed for a year plus? Have you been recently to know if they are gonna make it out of this reno ok? Or am I just seeing aggrivated people's reviews?

superfriend620

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott OceanWatch, DVC Bay Lake Tower, Christie Lodge, Sheraton Broadway Resort
Bit confused about why all communication is going to vacationcondos.com is that who manages the property?

Last edited:

funtime

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The owners newsletter gave us an update on the pool project. The background is that the pool was located in a center courtyard and directly over the underground garage. The pool started to leak into the garage so they drained the pool. They have an arrangement with another facility to offer swimming.

They surveyed the owners and many owners were not in favor of repairing/replacing the pool. It adds quite a bit of noise because it is an indoor pool and the pool noise just reverberates into the halls. They came up with a plan to do a nice indoor fire pit but they could not get permits for it. The latest plan is to offer an enlarged jacuzzi as well as an enlarged gaming area. It is my opinion that this will be an overall improvement to the project. Again the current resales are listed on Redweek.

An Imperial unit is the name of the 1BR1BA model at Park Regency. It is 350 sq. ft. The next size up is a 1BR2BA unit called Regency. It is 590 sq.ft. Lastly there is a 2BR2BA unit called a Presidential suite. There are four size units at Park Plaza. The studio unit is 440 sq. ft.; The mini suite studio is 550 sq.ft. The 1BR2Ba unit is 860 sq.ft. and the 2BR2BA Presidential suite is 1100 sq.ft.

Darinletzring

TUG Member
Reaction score
Park Regency owner here several units both 2/2/ and 1/1. The 1 bed deluxe with bunk beds is our favorite right with 15 yo and 12yo boys. Love it! Great value and nice enough for us. We ski bell to bell so generally too tired to do much else when we are there. I use bonus time a fair amount also, which is great weekend option for us.