• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Park City - Skiing first week of April?

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
I secured an exchange into Marriott‘s Mountainside for next March 31st-April 7th 2024 which is our spring break….yahoo!!
My FL born daughter is dying to learn to ski. Was wondering if this would be an iffy time or would the mountain generally still be open.

Thank you!!

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Based on previous years it will likely still be open but in several years it was the last open week so I am not sure how good the skiing was.

park city season.PNG

Reactions: LMD

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
They are likely to still be open assuming its an average or better winter. When they do start to shut-down they shut down the canyonlands base first. Mountainside is the park city base so if the resort is open its still open. Ski conditions can certainly be unpredictable but- but for just learning to ski you don't need ideal conditions with tons of snow and advanced terrain. Should be far less crowded as well than in peak season time.

Look into buying an Epic Pass now if you plan to ski multiple days. The pass is cheaper than buying even 3-4 days of lift tickets, but you have to buy it in advance of the season.

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was there that week this year and the skiing was superb but it was an unusual year.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
We have been to Mountainside for spring break (last week of March-April 15 depending on year.) 4 of the last 12 years. We alternate with Tahoe Timber Lodge. 1 out of 4 received no snow. I track snow every year and it has always been great skiing those weeks. Between the two, we have received 4-10' of snow in week vs. not much and sunny skies for beautiful short sleeve corn snow.

These resorts are always open through 4/15. Get your passes and have a great week. Maybe even fly out for a few days mid-winter. Epic Local pass for Park city is $675. Daily rates this year were over $200 for an adult.

Tahoe Value pass (Heavenly, Kirkwood, Northstar) are $489 adult (through 5/29/23), under 13, half that. They also have teen and college rates.

daverunfast

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, that's a great time to ski for a beginner. Lower mountain conditions are almost always good late, it's much less crowded, and often warm.

It'll definitely be open.

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for your responses! Going to look into the Epic pass. I think I have a few days before prices go up!