• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Parc Soleil Orlando

vetteguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,
if I remember correctly, Parc Soleil is open now.
Anyone been there already?
I would appreciate if anyone could post some photo's or give any info as I'm going there on July 19th.
Thanks

Daniel

kckreardon

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here now

We are here now. I plan on posting a review in the next few days.

The resort is more upscale than both others here in Orlando. The rooms are more refined than Seaworld or Tuscany. Stainless steel appliances, flat screen TVs in all rooms, wood floors, king size pull out bed, etc. One thing to note is that the rooms are smaller in size than the other Orlando units if that is important to you.

Views of pool on one side and Disney World on the other. 15 stories tall, top floor is penthouse and you have to have key card to send elevator to that floor.

Restaurant is scheduled to fully open on Saturday. They have had cold meal menu and free drinks up until today as they await all licenses. (I believe they received their licenses on Thursday).

Pools are fully open. Fitness center, deli and activity room are not open as they are in building 2 and it is still being worked on. They do have some scheduled activities during the day but not nearly as much as Seaworld or I-Drive.

Staff is very helpful and they are still working the kinks out of this brand new facility.
Will post full review by early next week. I can try to answer any questions.

Bill4728

Reaction score
I like the name Ruby Lake better. :wave:

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the short review. :)

If you are able to post pictures that's always a plus too.

vetteguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the review.
It's great to know that all pools are open. Kids will be happy :whoopie:

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm here now also.

I was supposed to be here 2 weeks ago, but in October they informed me that they would not open in time, and moved my reservation to Tuscany/I-drive, which was fine.

But I did have a 2 day hole in my travel plans, and was able to book a hilton.com cash reservation for 2 weekend nights in a studio at $81/night. (That price didn't last long on the website lol).

Anyway, when I got here, they upgraded me to 1-br. Nice. I assume it was either Hhonors Diamond or HGVC elite that did it, but I'll take it in either case.

I really like this resort. The pools are great, and the views from the balcony are great. I can see both Epcot and Magic Kingdom.

My welcome letter called it a 'European styled resort'. It's pretty modern in it's decor. As stated above, hardwood floors, flat screen tv's, etc.

It also has a 3-floor parking garage, so you don't have to park out in the hot Florida sun if you'd rather not.

Only a couple of minor dislikes:
The dining table seems awkwardly placed. More in the kitchen than it should be, with a gap between the dining table and the living area. And the bathroom has no drawers or cabinets. (I like to keep things generally out of sight in the bathroom.) It does have a huge shower though, and a European styled tub.

Overall, very upscale, and I like it a lot. And, the staff is very good.

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
What do you think they mean when they refer to it as a European styled resort?

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
What do you think they mean when they refer to it as a European styled resort?

Not sure. The only thing that seems European to me is the bathtub. And maybe the doors between the living room and the master bedroom. They are French Doors with frosted glass.

Last edited:

JonathanIT

TUG Member
Reaction score
I stayed a couple nights at this new resort last week (Mon. 6/8-Wed. 6/10) in a two bedroom. I just wanted to add my comments to what has been said (I agree with most).

I reserved two nights in a two bedroom through Open Season, to cap off a long weekend at HGVC SeaWorld in a 3-Bedroom Penthouse. I had a couple guests leave and I wanted to check out the new place so I decided to move (the additional point savings didn't hurt either ;)). The contrast was interesting, as it was my first time staying in a Penthouse at SeaWorld (Wonderful!! I can't wait until they are renovated).

The Parc Soleil is impressive; it has a "real hotel" resort feel to it, mainly because the high-rise setting, beautiful (and air-conditioned!) hallways, and fast-but-whisper quiet elevators.

The units are gorgeously appointed, with nice touches and details (I like the french doors from the bedroom to the living room). The bathtub has a real "wow" factor with no faucet visible; the water drops from the ceiling! I had a 2-Bedroom lock-off on the 14th floor; there are apparently dedicated 2-Bedrooms as well.

I agree that the dining table is oddly placed, and I don't like the lack of island or protruding counter; there is a noticeable lack of counter space and the whole kitchen/dining area seems small, almost cramped.

The balcony is extra large (the entire width of the unit) and very nice, but what bothers me (probably the single most annoying design flaw IMHO) is that there is NO door from the bedroom out to the balcony! Even though the same balcony runs right outside the bedroom window. And to make it even more annoying, the bedroom windows go all the way to the floor and are made to "look" like french doors! They just don't open!? :mad:

There is only one building open right now, the second looks close to being finished, but is not occupied yet. In a real surprise, I was amazed to find three floors of indoor parking at the base of each building. I think this is probably to make sure the horrible parking situation at the Tuscay (I'tnl Drive) property isn't repeated. While it doesn't appear that there is enough indoor parking for the entire building, combined with the outdoor lots I'm sure there should be enough for all guests when the resort is completed. Covered parking in the Florida sun is especially nice in the summer months!

Overall, there are seven buildings planned... so this will be a big place! There is a giant spread of property surrounding the resort as well, I'm guessing there is a plan for some huge shopping/dining/entertainment developement eventually. I can't wait!

One note about the units which was mentioned several times by the staff (all of whom were very nice): there is NO difference in size between the "Penthouse" units and the other categories; they are only located on the 15th floor. I had a "standard" 2-Bedroom and it was on the 14th floor! And it had a nice view of the pool (I might have been upgraded as the resort did not seem full). So, I wouldn't think the extra point/cost would be worth it at all.

Finally, I wanted to mention one thing that REALLY bothered me (but was not really the fault of the resort). I had a 2-Bedroom lock-off (units 11417, 11419), and I was disgusted to discover upon walking into the lock-off Studio unit that it had already been SMOKED in!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I mean, come on!! This place has only been open 2 weeks and someone has the almost incomprehesible inconsideration and gall to ruin one of the studios already with that stench??? As an HGVC owner, it especially angers me. I could not believe it, and not only was I mad, I was embarassed because I had invited guests who were to stay there. They said it was fine and did not complain, but I had to fight the urge to request another unit for them.

Upon check-out, I informed the front desk and they apologized and said they would try to clean out and deodorize the unit. We both agreed that it was unbelievable and probably an owner/member as well.

Otherwise, it was a nice stay at a great new property and I look forward to going back.

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
HGVC gave me an offer--$199 for 4 days/3 nights in a 1-bdrm. It seemed like a good deal and I was tempted to take it. But then I remembered 3 years ago I paid only $69 for 4 days/3 night at the new Tuscany resort.

smshick

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
3 night 4 day promotion

I just received a call from HGVC offering me a great deal I couldn't refuse. For just $99 we could stay at a HGVC in Orlando or Las Vegas for 3 nights. It was for a one bedroom and we had a year to book it. The catch is having to sit for a 50 minute presentation (2 hours for new owners). I have the salesman's name and number if anyone else wanted to get this deal. Just send me a PM.
We are looking forward to checking out the Parc Soleil next year for a few nights.

Siao Mei

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Location questions

Are there restaurants within walking distance?

Is there any public transportation nearby? I never rent a car in Orlando and am spoiled by the I-Drive trolley with stops at the other two HGVC properties. I can't figure out if Parc Soleil is close enough to I-Drive to walk to a stop or not.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Are there restaurants within walking distance?
Is there any public transportation nearby? I never rent a car in Orlando and am spoiled by the I-Drive trolley with stops at the other two HGVC properties. I can't figure out if Parc Soleil is close enough to I-Drive to walk to a stop or not.

Parc Soleil is regretably, close to nothing... 'cept whatever is on-site.
Here's Hilton's hotel-page for Parc Soleil: http://tinyurl.com/y9cl8wp
There's restaurants in the vicinity of Int'l. Drive: http://tinyurl.com/yb6ofns
There's also restaurants near the South end of Palm Parkway & SR 535 (Vineland Rd),
but you really do need a vehicle if you're going off-campus.

Last edited:

JonathanIT

TUG Member
Reaction score
I never rent a car in Orlando and am spoiled by the I-Drive trolley with stops at the other two HGVC properties. I can't figure out if Parc Soleil is close enough to I-Drive to walk to a stop or not.
:eek:

Wow, I am the exact opposite: I would never go to Orlando and not rent a car! Even staying on Disney property I always have a car. I hate waiting for buses! And free parking is everywhere in Orlando. I can't understand how anybody could get along without a car unless on a purely Disney vacation.

But in any case... the new Parc Soleil is the first development in a new area, so there is really nothing within walking distance, unfortunately. Looks like in the future there will be a large shopping/entertainment complex nearby, but it is still years away from completion.

Last edited:

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Thanks for the responses. I'll stick with the I Drive property.

lvkcwalker

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were at Parc Soleil in a Studio for 4 nights last week on Disney side. We went solely for the purpose of using up our Military Salute tickets before they expire and were able to book here to check it out. Studio units are very small but suitable for just the 2 of us. The staff were extremely courteous, meticulous and helpful, the facilities were exceptionally well-cared for. We could see the Epcot fireworks from the large window in our studio unit on the 7th floor. BUT...the water pressure left a lot to be desired. Early morning showers offered lukewarm water at barely a trickle. And after a long day at the Disney Parks on a sunny warm 85 degree day we returned to find NO WATER at all. Guest services said they were sending someone right up to check it out...an hour later someone finally arrived at the room to tell us that the City had trouble with their pumps which sends out a trouble signal to the TS pumps--which automatically shuts them down...but the maintenance workers didn't know that it had happened. "Jorge" had restarted the pumps and then came up to our room to bleed the air from the water lines. We received 2 follow up calls that night to ensure that all was well...and what could they do to make our evening better. They even sent up "get well" (?) cards with gold foil wrapped chocolate coins attached when we refused their offer of other peace offerings! While we were annoyed at the inconvenience of no water at the time...the staff certainly did their best to quickly repair the problem.

While Parc Soleil is on an isolated section of the roadway at this time...the facilities are wonderful, the garage parking for each building is a nice ammenity, Disney, SeaWorld, Universal etc are fairly close by and their are many restaurants to choose from. We would definitely return here should we return to Orlando.