• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pamama City 2 BR Question

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I got a "2 Bdrm Deluxe Pres Res Suite" booked via my VIP upgrade.

Are all presidential reserve inventory presidental units? I don't think so, so I am not exactly sure what type of unit I have.

My question is what type of unit is this, choices are:

2 BR Deluxe
2 BR Presidential Deluxe

But none of it match the name on my confirmation. I guess I need to call the resort, or have one of you chime in.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
A step up from a 2 bedroom presidential. May just be on the top two floors. The regular 2 bedroom presidentials are on the ens of the building. That gives the second bedroom a window to look down the beach. But it can be a walk to the elevator for some. On the higher floors some of the presidentials will have units on both sides.

The resort is all Gulf front which makes things a lot easier when booking.

What you have costs a few more points.

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
A step up from a 2 bedroom presidential. May just be on the top two floors. The regular 2 bedroom presidentials are on the ens of the building. That gives the second bedroom a window to look down the beach. But it can be a walk to the elevator for some. On the higher floors some of the presidentials will have units on both sides.

The resort is all Gulf front which makes things a lot easier when booking.

What you have costs a few more points.
No, we had an upgrade to one of these on the 5th floor; so not designated by place in the building. I took pictures...I have to find the pictures from Sept 2010 and post them after Thanksgiving.

The points chart has:

2 BR Pres.* or
2 BR Pres. Deluxe

I found the footnote for the * which is not attached to the 2BR Pres. Deluxe, but is attached to both the 3 BR Pres. and the 3 BR Pres Deluxe

*Includes Presidential Reserve Suites.

Our confirmation used the term "2 Bdrm Pres Res Suite"

I think that there are some Presidential suites available to general use by whoever has enough points for them. Then there are Presidential Reserve suites that are reserved to the Presidential owners and these are released to general use or VIP upgrades at 30 days. I can't tell you what difference there is between the regular Presidential and the Reserve Presidential...might not be any.

Last edited:

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, we had an upgrade to one of these on the 5th floor; so not designated by place in the building. I took pictures... let me find the link and post it for you.

I will disagree. Resort would only have a few 2 bedroom pres reserve deluxe units so why would they not be on the highest floors? How is it "upgrading" to the 5th floor in a 30? something floor building. This is a resort that that offers higher floor rooms for more points than the same room type on a lower floor.

Are you sure you were not in a 2 bedroom presidential which is on the west side of the building on every floor?

learnalot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Sandy,

As Cheryl said, this should he a presidential unit with the additional distinction that it is usually held in reserve for PR members until 30 days out. Don't know whether there are floor limitations but the resort could tell you.

Have fun!

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will disagree. Resort would only have a few 2 bedroom pres reserve deluxe units so why would they not be on the highest floors? How is it "upgrading" to the 5th floor in a 30? something floor building. This is a resort that that offers higher floor rooms for more points than the same room type on a lower floor.

Are you sure you were not in a 2 bedroom presidential which is on the west side of the building on every floor?
We were definitely in a "2 Bdrm Pres Res Suite" and it was a VIP upgrade from a
Resort:

Unit type:

2 Bedroom Deluxe Upper Level

to

Unit type:

2 Bdrm Pres Res Suite

Check-in date:

10/25/2010

When I get a chance to find the photos, you will see what we had and I remember it was on the 5th floor. There is a color change on the building and we were on the floor below the top of the change. There are Presidential Reserve units on every floor; not just the top floors. They are the onew with the bay windows.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were definitely in a "2 Bdrm Pres Res Suite" and it was a VIP upgrade from a
Resort:

Unit type:

2 Bedroom Deluxe Upper Level

to

Unit type:

2 Bdrm Pres Res Suite

Check-in date:

10/25/2010

When I get a chance to find the photos, you will see what we had and I remember it was on the 5th floor. There is a color change on the building and we were on the floor below the top of the change. There are Presidential Reserve units on every floor; not just the top floors. They are the onew with the bay windows.

Right but you were not upgraded to a 2 bedroom deluxe pres res suite like Sandy was and asking about.

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
Right but you were not upgraded to a 2 bedroom deluxe pres res suite like Sandy was and asking about.
Okay, I see you are right about that. Maybe the difference is then how high up in the building to make it "deluxe".

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Okay, I see you are right about that. Maybe the difference is then how high up in the building to make it "deluxe".

Floor plans are different for 2BR and 2BR Deluxe.

As someone mentioned, there is no difference in the units themselves between Presidential and Presidential Reserve. Presidential Reserve units are reserved for Presidential Reserve owners until a certain number of days before check-in. Someone said 30 days, I thought it was more but I'm not sure.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Floor plans are different for 2BR and 2BR Deluxe.

As someone mentioned, there is no difference in the units themselves between Presidential and Presidential Reserve. Presidential Reserve units are reserved for Presidential Reserve owners until a certain number of days before check-in. Someone said 30 days, I thought it was more but I'm not sure.

The question was about 2 bedroom deluxe press reserve suites which are different rooms than 2 bedroom presidentials.

rrlongwell

Reaction score
The question was about 2 bedroom deluxe press reserve suites which are different rooms than 2 bedroom presidentials.

For someone else, I had called one of the Flordia Wyndham resorts and was told that they were the same rooms for the 2 bedrooms Presidential and the 2 bedroom presidental reserve units except that some of them were set aside for the Presidential Reserve owners. The Presidential Reserve perks are not given for the room when it is reserved without the Reserve designation or rented to someone without the Presidential Reserve Ownership status. The difference in views could very well be true, I did not ask about that. You would have the 2 BR Presidential Deluxe. You did very very well with the upgrade. The 2 BR Presidential Deluxe has two balconies, two and one half baths, larger kitchen, etc.

Last edited: