• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Palmera Vacation Club

WBDB2017

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palmera Vacation Club
Hello! New to TUG. Also just purchased A Palmera Vacation Club Resale. Didn’t know if anyone had any positive insight on this? Also was wondering if anyone one else has bought a PVC resale? And if the benefits were all the same ? Any help or advise with this wood be great! Looking for positive feedback thank you!

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
Did you purchase a fixed week, floating week, or something else? At which resort? I believe that you have to pay about $1500 to Palmera to approve the sale. Just buying and recording deed doesn't mean that the new owner has been approved by the management (Palmera). The $ is credited towards the next 2 years' maintenance fees to avoid sales to bogus entities that dump the units. It's not a fee to Palmera. Another large timeshare manager, Spinnaker, does the same thing. I believe both also charge a transfer fee, maybe $250-500?
Although they get a bad rap as a sales group, the units seem very nice according to reviews. We bought to trade in RCI and have been happy with our resale ownership for almost 10 years. I don't know what benefits you mean.

WBDB2017

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palmera Vacation Club
Did you purchase a fixed week, floating week, or something else? At which resort? I believe that you have to pay about $1500 to Palmera to approve the sale. Just buying and recording deed doesn't mean that the new owner has been approved by the management (Palmera). The $ is credited towards the next 2 years' maintenance fees to avoid sales to bogus entities that dump the units. It's not a fee to Palmera. Another large timeshare manager, Spinnaker, does the same thing. I believe both also charge a transfer fee, maybe $250-500?
Although they get a bad rap as a sales group, the units seem very nice according to reviews. We bought to trade in RCI and have been happy with our resale ownership for almost 10 years. I don't know what benefits you mean.

WBDB2017

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palmera Vacation Club
Hey thank you ! Yes all of those fees you are talking about are correct. But paid by the seller. I verified this numerous times. The Vacation club has a deeded week but is an points system we can use through the year. When we sat through there sales pitch they have a online portal to do bookings and get extra benefits of the Vacation club and RCI. Didn’t know much about it. Was asking benefits as those that were talked about at our sales pitch that are on there portal. Are you a Vacation club member through PVC? If so how did you become an RCI member ? Also do you find it hard t use ur points? Or book your stay?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I bought resale but it was before it was Palmera. Mine is just regular rci points that I then pay for my own rci points account- no portal access. I don't know whether the portal access will transfer. You can be the guinea pig and let others know. They charge $1500 transfer fee of which $1000 is credited toward future MF's and $500 is kept by the management as their transfer fee. I can say MF's haven't gone up more than $100 over 10+ years as an owner. I think it started off around $980 and is now $1080 for a 3 BR Island links float platinum enrolled in rci points.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Do you know how many points you get? Did the contract between you and seller specify that you would get the points. Did the estoppel from the resort indicate it was in points and how many points.

If the membership is through PVC you would pay a membership fee directly to them and they would set up your access. If not you would set up your rci account. You would need the seller to fill out the rci points transfer form and someone would have to pay the $219(ish) rci points set up and one year of membership.

WBDB2017

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palmera Vacation Club
I bought resale but it was before it was Palmera. Mine is just regular rci points that I then pay for my own rci points account- no portal access. I don't know whether the portal access will transfer. You can be the guinea pig and let others know. They charge $1500 transfer fee of which $1000 is credited toward future MF's and $500 is kept by the management as their transfer fee. I can say MF's haven't gone up more than $100 over 10+ years as an owner. I think it started off around $980 and is now $1080 for a 3 BR Island links float platinum enrolled in rci points.

WBDB2017

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palmera Vacation Club
Well that sounds positive about the MF’s. I am very new to the time share life. Can you explain to me how to become and RCI member ? I have googled it and it seems very confusing on how the points transfer to RCI and how it all works ? I have seen lots of $$$ costs for RCI and then I have seen low costs.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
I also bought resale before palmerA. No portal. I get 72,500 Rci points every other year for a 2br at coral reef. I have a summer float week. I pay my own Rci membership fee.

WBDB2017

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palmera Vacation Club
Do you know how many points you get? Did the contract between you and seller specify that you would get the points. Did the estoppel from the resort indicate it was in points and how many points.

If the membership is through PVC you would pay a membership fee directly to them and they would set up your access. If not you would set up your rci account. You would need the seller to fill out the rci points transfer form and someone would have to pay the $219(ish) rci points set up and one year of membership.
Yes the Estoppel letter states 3,000 points annually shows club fees and maintance fees have been paid and not due till 2021 the deed is deeded to island links resort transfer fee and activation fees are paid by seller. In the contract. I can say I know it’s a lower amount if points.

WBDB2017

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palmera Vacation Club
I appreciate everyone as this is my first time share purchase. Just trying to figure everything out

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I believe 3000 PVC points equates to 30,000 rci points. That means it will take about 3 years of points to book a summer week at Island links. There are other older resorts that you could probably book in prime time for 3,000-6,000 PVC points.

WBDB2017

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palmera Vacation Club
I believe 3000 PVC points equates to 30,000 rci points. That means it will take about 3 years of points to book a summer week at Island links. There are other older resorts that you could probably book in prime time for 3,000-6,000 PVC points.
Awesome ! Don’t sound too horrible ! So once everything is settled do I just call RCI to get a membership started ? Or online ? Or do I have to start it through Palmera ?

WBDB2017

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palmera Vacation Club
Let me rephrase that. Don’t sound too horrible for a beginner. Do they charge if you don’t use your points ? Or can you just let them rollover ?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Let me rephrase that. Don’t sound too horrible for a beginner. Do they charge if you don’t use your points ? Or can you just let them rollover ?
It sounds like you have portal access that Palmera has to set up. It could take 4-12 weeks for that to happen. I would call them after 4 weeks to see if they can give you a better estimate. Once you are on the portal you should see if there are any FAQ's or how to use. Rules probably are similar but not identical to direct rci access so I can't tell you about rolling over and other fees through the portal.

WBDB2017

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palmera Vacation Club
It sounds like you have portal access that Palmera has to set up. It could take 4-12 weeks for that to happen. I would call them after 4 weeks to see if they can give you a better estimate. Once you are on the portal you should see if there are any FAQ's or how to use. Rules probably are similar but not identical to direct rci access so I can't tell you about rolling over and other fees through the portal.

WBDB2017

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palmera Vacation Club
Thank you ! But if I wanted to become an RCI member how do I do that ? Do I have to buy points through them directly ?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you ! But if I wanted to become an RCI member how do I do that ? Do I have to buy points through them directly ?
You should have access to RCI through the Palmera portal. It is similar to the way Hilton, Wyndham and Bluegreen points members access and use RCI. If you want to join RCI directly, you need to purchase a deed or membership eligible for rci membership.

WBDB2017

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palmera Vacation Club
You should have access to RCI through the Palmera portal. It is similar to the way Hilton, Wyndham and Bluegreen points members access and use RCI. If you want to join RCI directly, you need to purchase a deed or membership eligible for rci membership.
Thank you for all of your insights I truly appreciate it ! Newbie here learning the ropes. Any other advise you have is totally welcome!

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I'm a little confused about your purchase as you stated you bought "resale" but that you attended a sales pitch. How much did you pay for this timeshare? How long ago did you sign the contract and in what state?

I searched ebay Palmera Vacation Club for completed sales and found several that sold for $1 and others that didn't sell at all: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Palmera+Vacation+Club&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Complete=1

If you paid a lot more than $1 and you're still within your right of rescission period you might want to rescind your purchase and do a lot more research, especially since you
don't know a lot about what you bought. You've certainly come to the right place to learn about timesharing.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Karen is spot on. When did you buy? In what State are key factors as to whether you are able to rescind; and if so, whether it makes sense to rescind.

WBDB2017

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palmera Vacation Club
I'm a little confused about your purchase as you stated you bought "resale" but that you attended a sales pitch. How much did you pay for this timeshare? How long ago did you sign the contract and in what state?

I searched ebay Palmera Vacation Club for completed sales and found several that sold for $1 and others that didn't sell at all: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Palmera+Vacation+Club&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Complete=1

If you paid a lot more than $1 and you're still within your right of rescission period you might want to rescind your purchase and do a lot more research, especially since you
don't know a lot about what you bought. You've certainly come to the right place to learn about timesharing.
Yes I went to the sales pitch las time I was on HHI, I purchased this on EBay for $1.50. With more points that was offered at the sales pitch. Are you a PVC owner ?

WBDB2017

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palmera Vacation Club
Karen is spot on. When did you buy? In what State are key factors as to whether you are able to rescind; and if so, whether it makes sense to rescind.
Signed the contract on the 28th. Paid $1.50 for the PVC. I’m worried from everyone’s comments weather I just put myself into a situation I shouldn’t have.