• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Palm Desert - February

rapjr

Reaction score
Long time listener, first time caller here. New Marriott TS owner this year, this site has been tremendous in terms of gathering information - thanks to all of you. I have my eye on a specific February week in Palm Springs. Two questions:
1. How likely are any of the PSP Marriotts to be featured in Getaway inventory? I can't find anything yet, but am curious if its because I'm too far out for any available units to be released or if February is a peak time that never sees excess inventory. If I'm reading it correctly, Feb is Platinum season, but there always seems to be Getaway inventory in PSP.
2. Is there any significant difference between the Villages and the Enclaves at Shadow Ridge? As a backup plan, I have a reservation for a 2BR at the Enclaves and want to make sure I'll be okay with it.
Thanks, in advance, for any help.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
1. February/March is prime season in Palm Springs - so no getaways....but with life the way it is, this year COULD be different.

2. don't know.

applegirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been watching getaways in PS pretty closely now for 2 years and no getaways in Feb. That's middle of prime season! Getaways are typically for shoulder or off-seasons. You can typically buy getaways for PS mid-April thru mid-January.

The enclaves and the villages are very different. We own at Villages and there's no way you could pay me to stay or buy at the Enclave, but I have my reasons.

Tell me what your famliy structure is and what you are looking for and I will give you more details of the differences!

Cheers and welcome to TUG!

Janna

tinkerbell2

TUG Member
Reaction score
What are the main differences between the 2 Marriott resorts ie Shadow Ridge and Desert Springs I and II ? What is Palm Springs like in the fall ?

DJensen

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Shadow Ridge in October

We have stayed at SR in October (2006 and 2007)and enjoyed it very much. It is realitively quiet with guests - pools not too busy. There was some construction but minimal noise. Weather is great with temps in the upper 80's.

The biggest deterent is if you are a golfer as October tends to be when the course are closed due to overseeding for the winter season. Some course will be open cart path only with fresh grass while the others that are open may be heading into overseeding which means they are dried out and brown.

rapjr

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I'll be there for business with a co-worker and figured it to be a good opportunity to bring my wife and infant child out for the balance of the week. It technically won't be a normal 'vacation' for us - instead a chance to capitalize on a inexpensive opportunity to getaway where business could help pay for the expense. We'll likely just relax and hang out. I don't have high needs for the resort but I was curious what the differences were. I stayed in DSII last year and consider it to be fine for what I'm looking for. I rented the Enclaves with the MOD code via the Marriott website based on cost alone and really am just curious what the differences are (they were cheaper to rent than the Villages as well as units at DSI & II).

jancurious

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
The first week of February is available right now at least for Shadow Ridge as a getaway. It's almost double the cost of a January week ($816 for an efficiency) but that is still a very good deal for the desert in February.

Jan